Hi everyone,

Been lurking round here on and off for the last year or so and finally decided to say hi and hopefully eventually join the clan to play sacred 2 :)

Not that im playing online much at the moment coming from Australia and the terrible ping...and I capped my self already and cant download the

2.40 patch for the next few days so I figure I'd pass the time getting to know everyone.

So, yeah, my names Ashley, I come from Australia if you hadnt got that already :D, im 18 and im studying science and chemical engineering at

uni this year which doesnt leave me with much free time ><

Anyway, cheers and thats me :)

Hi matey,

good to see another aussie :D

I only play on the HC closed servers, but if you venture there I would be happy to help you get started. :)

The ping has improved for me since the latest patch......I was getting 1500ms but now I seem to get 800ms.

While it still makes online playing a pain it is a lot more playable.

All my toons are stubbie(DA) *********

Hope to see you in game sometime.

Sounds like the ping has gotten a bit better then...although I was gettin around 3000 sometimes, once I got 33000...I have no idea how I didnt dc but I think it was just a momentary spike.

Anyway, thats incentive to download the newest patch an ive had a bit of practise surviving in single player so that should help.

Should be good to cya ingame

Hi Dragon Brother, and welcome to the forum! I've heard a good bit from Stubbie regarding server ping from down under, I hope the new patch is able to give you as much of an improvement for pins as his.

Saw some of your posts here this morning, great energy ^^. We also have a members picture thread :

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=333

Check it out, puts a pic to our names. :D

Have fun on the boards.

:)

gogo

Good to hear from everyone, I'll make sure to head over to the picture thread when I get the chance. I'm at uni now and probli should be working but...nah.

Anyway, I'm uncapped today so if I can find some time tonight I may be able to get patched and get ingame with a few people, will be bronze only for me, just gotta pick a new character to go with...big dilemma.

Cyas soon!

Well, I got ingame tonight for about an hour. Didnt see anyone tho in any bronze servers. Everyone online seemed to be hosting their own private servers with passwords so there wasnt a chance to join anyone, let alone anyone from here.

Anyway, plenty of time to catch up ingame I guess, so until next time? the first time? lol

whenever I guess

Hey there Dragon Brother. Nice to see you jumped on in. Welcome aboard tha [D.a.r.k] ship. :mafia:

About not being able to find us there's a couple of things to know. We all play on Closed Net with Hardcore characters. Hard Core is somewhat elusive since the option isn't exactly obvious on the game menu but just in case you aren't aware it's the skull icon near the bottom of the screen when creating a character. Just gotta make that lil icon red and you'll be good to go. :resp: Oh and one other "minor" point about hardcore would be that death is kinda, well... Permanent. :heart:

Hey Schot, thanks for the welcome, and to everyone else too:)

And yeah, schot, HC is the only way to go...got hoked on it playing underworld and havent looked back, so yeah, I was in closed net with a brand spanking new HC seraphim. Trying out d DW pelting strikes build...who knows if I'll last tho :mafia:

Edited by Dragon Brother