Those stupid bugged enemies!

I can't believe this. How many places are there where the enemies are bugged? I was running around with my new experiment, saw twainsbrook somewhere, but I can't recall whether that was the last of it. Silken River came by not to long ago either. Anyway: my char got one-shotted by a Kobold Shaman.

This needs a fix. Really.

I don't understand, you keep dying from this?

Timo, is there something yer doing that I"m not? Or is it the other way around?

Are you also passing your cursor over enemies before you engage? I always do that for first ten or so levels since I'm paranoid of getting hit by overspawned dudes.

Were there other peeps playing in your server that were higher level? Or maybe something to do with your own game which is different from ours?

I know that Knuckles was dying this way a lot when he first started as well, hopefully he'll catch this thread and be able to offer some advice.

:hugs:

gogo

This bug has got to be the most annoying things out there....I have died to this more times than every other reason combined...I have begged and pleaded with Ascaron to fix this. What happens is when you start a new server, certain quest enemies spawn at your level. So if a level 40 made the server and you enter with a level 10 and run into the Holdup Quest for instance, you're in for a very bad experience. The 3 Brigands will be around level 40 :hugs:

The only thing you can do to overcome this is to make your own server. If there are a bunch of us playing already in one, I'm sure most won't mind changing over to another server you start. Dmol has a nice thread over at Clan-DA with a list of most if not all of the bugged quests/enemies.

Ahh, from Quests...this is probably why I don't encounter this bug...I almost never do quests! That's a baad bug though. Timo, when yer back on tell me I can help you get going again.

gogo

Yeah well, you know the server I was playing in Knuckles :hugs: and as far as anyone else playing goes: last one (level 12/18, not sure, there were 4 players when I entered and the highest I could recall was level 18) left the server about 15 mins before I ran into the kobold shaman. And gogo, I always check them now. I was busy taking out a level 10 (my char level was 11) kobold warrior when that one-shot came out of nowhere. And afaik, the area I was in was not quest related (I hardly do quests).

Edited by Timotheus

You don't even have to do quests to get hit with this..some enemies while part of a quest are already spawned upon server start.

2 examples...both in High Elf Lands

1) The small camp due West of Sloeford and South of Celestial Dome....3 Brigands there spawn at level of server starter

2) The Brigand Camp North of Celestial Dome and East of Kobold camp...several bugged Brigands there too

Edit: Died there too (again) but you could have run into spawns from a player that was there before....seems areas don't reset properly....sometimes all enemies are too high or even worse, most enemies spawn at your level but hidden within a mob is one rogue enemy of a much higher level...again the only safe solution is to have lowest level person make server and then have everyone else join....only way you can ensure spawns are at your level.

Yeah but do ten levels above you enable a shaman (who deal about 10-20dmg when they are my level) to one-shot you? :hugs:

Do you know who were in the server before I got in, any other higher-levels?

It is possible...after all he's still twice your level and probably has a good chance to land a crit on you

The server has been up for awhile so it could have been any number of peeps...at least 10-12 played in that server up to that point

Best way to avoid this is to created your server with level 1 Mule char, then let other player/friends join, then get your char you want to level,

the bugged enemies will be level 1 (mule char created it) and you'll have no problems..

Also putting " level XX opener" after your game name will help people see that'll have no problems if they're above that level.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Best way to avoid this is to created your server with level 1 Mule char, then let other player/friends join, then get your char you want to level,

the bugged enemies will be level 1 (mule char created it) and you'll have no problems..

Also putting " level XX opener" after your game name will help people see that'll have no problems if they're above that level.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Good strategy Chareos!

Now...have you gotten my curtains?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

gogo

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Good strategy Chareos!

Now...have you gotten my curtains?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:drool:

gogo

Soz Gogo, they're still blending in with your lost limbs & pants :)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Heya,

following places come to mind too:

-Wargfels portal

-The only undead north eastish Orclands

-Kobold camp on the way to Gahanka (the small camp)

-Forest Guardian

Dmols Thread : http://clan-da.com/showthread.php?t=8381

What I did with some experiments is level them a bit in a locked campaign server and then move to freeplay. In Freeplay... a server with level 1 starter is usually a good idea early on.

Anyways Timo, srry to hear. If there is anyhing I can help you with, (gold, runes, items) let me know.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan