What do you think about the weapon effects?

Sometimes they really bug the heck out of me, specially when I'm trying to take pix...but boy, did this one ever turn out great. Can you guys see the detail on the pipe?

wow

weapon600.jpg

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Thanks Claire!

:viking:

I used the word "hoarfrost" to describe the ice effect animation on weapon.

Think it's appropriate?

Always wanted to use that word

:D

gogo

I'd also call Ice's effect Slow (which is descriptive of what it does) rather than Freeze (which is what it's called ni-game, but has nothing to do with what it actually does).

We were thinking about that, but we don't want to confuse people from what they would be seing in game. The game's full of glaring errors for spelling, which we keep itching to correct on the wiki, but because our Cannon is:

Game is God

We always refer to the ingame reference first. What I can do is add notes next to Freeze telling peeps what is happening.

Question here...me and Schot are having a discussion about this...

We're going to change the wording on this page to Secondary Damage Effects...but... as you can see there is Weaken which would function as a Secondary Damage Effect...but is also a Detrimental Effect right?

Schot is thinking that ALL Secondary Damage Effects are Detrimental Effects, and that Secondary Damage Effects being within the umbrella of Detrimental Effects, are the only ones out of that grouping tha are strictly associated with weapon damage type.

Would that suffice as an understanding and definition regarding future pages and documentaion

Comments?

gogo

The detail and texture work in those screenshot are significantly better than the console versions, just so you know... not like that should be too shocking, but still. As a console player, I was pretty surprised at the difference. Mind you, I don't often crawl up to my TV and check out the details from that close haha... :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's my understanding Gogo, Detrimental Effects would include anything that affects your character in a bad way that isn't damage, so stuff like roots, knockback, stun, bleeding, etc, with secondaries (burn, weaken, etc) being a specific subset related to elemental damage.

Here Chareos, for you!

Check this out, just did that last night.

Sacred 2 Elemental Damage Types

WOOOW, the Ice & Fire effects rly OWN ! How did you get the pics that close-up?

I'll be trying to take some like that (with whole character on screen ofc) for some future wallpapers :thumbsup:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Yeah, that's my understanding Gogo, Detrimental Effects would include anything that affects your character in a bad way that isn't damage, so stuff like roots, knockback, stun, bleeding, etc, with secondaries (burn, weaken, etc) being a specific subset related to elemental damage.

Good, then we have consensus on this. We'll use that as the setup for the documentation...use detrimental effects as the umbrella classification...with specific effects referred to as secondary damage effects as a sub set when they are coming from the weapon via element.

oooh, this is gonna be nice and complicated *rubs hands in glee*

And yeah, Chareos and Scrappy, isn't the detail just fantastic? If you look very closely you can see the actually bamboo details coming in...where the joints connect on the blowpipe.

It's outstanding work on this game, this is definitely some of the best work available on a game anywhere.

Regarding how I took it, lol... Schot's wizardry combined with Elite Graphics. I've got my camera settings completely wacked out, so I can zoom in from almost everywhere.

Nothing as wild as what Schot has with settings though.

He can probably zoom out as far as an asteroid

gogo

Good, then we have consensus on this. We'll use that as the setup for the documentation...use detrimental effects as the umbrella classification...with specific effects referred to as secondary damage effects as a sub set when they are coming from the weapon via element.

oooh, this is gonna be nice and complicated *rubs hands in glee*

And yeah, Chareos and Scrappy, isn't the detail just fantastic? If you look very closely you can see the actually bamboo details coming in...where the joints connect on the blowpipe.

It's outstanding work on this game, this is definitely some of the best work available on a game anywhere.

Regarding how I took it, lol... Schot's wizardry combined with Elite Graphics. I've got my camera settings completely wacked out, so I can zoom in from almost everywhere.

Nothing as wild as what Schot has with settings though.

He can probably zoom out as far as an asteroid

:)

gogo

Wooooo, I'll try to tinker abit with my settings too then, pitty I dont have Elite Graphics, they should put em for sale in a plugin or so :viking:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Here Chareos, for you!

Check this out, just did that last night.

Sacred 2 Elemental Damage Types

We're working on it now, and slowly connecting it to some of the work that Antitrust did on Detreimental Effects

:D

gogo

Beautiful Pics!

I Like That Ice Pic... Cant Tell If Its A Sword Or Not Though.

:(

Edited by Jrmoore2