So...when I got to my grandparents' house today (which is, oddly enough, where I do all my gaming and computer-related work), I discovered the great tale of woe; a water pipe in our basement back-room finally broke (because of ice in the winter), and the water finally weighted down the insulation panel, and it came crashing down. On our server. And our satellite receiver. And allllllllll the Star Trek books, models, puzzles, patterns, etc. my grandfather's been collecting for years. The Agony! By the time I got there, there were already 2 inches of water on the floor, and half the boxes were soaked.

So, we all promptly went about retrieving what we could and setting it out to dry, including computers and keyboards and everything electronic, then left for the previously scheduled movie of the week, and then dealt with the rest and resetting EVERYTHING on the satellite and trying to save more books ( which, mind you, are STILL sopping wet 3': ).

The moral of the story...*ponders for a long moment*...perhaps is something concerning the placement of new water systems and the location of technology and other precious items in the local vicinity of those systems.

Learn from my sorrow! (And thank you for letting me rant)

~Jaggy

Oh, ps - This also means I can't play Sacred for a while. Which makes me very sad. Because I was on a roll on character quests, and I have all my screenshots on that computer 3': Somehow, I will live!

Edited by JaguarGal

huge massive OUCH! I hope you have manage to salvage some of your Grandfathers collections, if not all! My heart is with you I was flooded out late last year by the person living above me and it's a huuuge pain so you have my sympathies. Good Luck and I hope you can get things sorted out ASAP :)

Ohhh sorry to hear that. Hope you save all the Star Trek stuff.

And keep them in plastic protectors in the future saves them from everything not just water. :devil:

Ohhh sorry to hear that. Hope you save all the Star Trek stuff.

And keep them in plastic protectors in the future saves them from everything not just water. :devil:

Well, you would think. Everything was still in the original boxes and packaging and everything, but like...all the calendars and books got sopped 3:

Not sure how you put books in protectors. Maybe those vacuum bags would be a good investment 8D;

Thanks for the sympathy guys <3 It looks like I'll be able to play again soon, too ;3

~Jaggy

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Jag, I'm so sorry to hear this :(

Boox are one of my passions. I've read lots of stories about how if one gets wet, it's almost impossible to make come out right. You have my sympathies regarding this, and I do hope that you're able to salvage some of the goodies.

Keep heart!

:hugs:

gogo