Quick Question about Portals PC/XBoX

For the PC version, are you required to enter a portal in order to transport yourself to another portal location? In the XBoX port, no matter where we are. we just hit 'select' to access the map and click any activated portal to instantly transport to it. I ask because I was watching Schots level 20 set farming video and he seemed constrained to entering a portal and only being able to transport to the start island from anywhere. Maybe it was just theatrical or got changed in a patch but it got me curious =)

In the pc version you must be at a portal in order to teleport to another one or a resurrection shrine. Most people will F12 back to isle and use that one if they are not near one.

on the PS3 you can teleport to ANY portal at ANY given time...... as long as it activated of course. lol

Oh that must make boss runs soooooooooooo much easier than on pc :o

on the PS3 you can teleport to ANY portal at ANY given time...... as long as it activated of course. lol

Oh that must make boss runs soooooooooooo much easier than on pc :o

Some bosses maybe... but you can rejoice that you need not fight those 3(or 4?) battles against the Swirling Mist of Miasma in light side campaign with 1-2 fps throughout just to get through the swamps. At least I am assuming you do not. It really drags somethin fierce. A couple of times my xbox just gave me a still image for about 10-15 seconds (no joke) and I could hear the fighting and only see my character moving on the mini-map.

Not to mention getting fubarred a couple times with quest triggers because of teleporting from within caves to town when I first started playing :)

Edited by Frisky

I actually had the same prob with Miasma....Had to set every gfx setting to low to get 20 fps during fights...My least favorite boss...longest to kill...and get to do it 3 times

And I still forget about having to exit caves when doing quests......had to walk back to several spots..but slowly I'm learning to exit cave before teleporting :P

Nice boon!

lol, console users got something PC wants!

:P

gogo

Pc Users Cant Map Tele Between Portals?

Ouch.

Im Slowly Un-Regretting Getting Ps3 Version.

But Im Still Getting PC Version, So I Can Play With All The Cool PC Users.

Not to be picky or anything, but console maps look cooler too. With more color and less of the grey, plus the ends are transparent. Don't know why they didnt give us the same map either though.