How much Magic Find can you get?

Hey guys, after reading Cthulus wonderful work on drop tables n' such I have started an experimental build, currently level 61.

How much MF do you guys think is possible?

Of course I have taken EP, and am packing 2 points into it per level, and pretty much every slot is one of those EP rings with the modifier MF that scales up with my EP level.

How much you think is possible?

I'm just doing this to see the results, so far I can say I am starting to overflow with uniques.

Sets still seem locked to the bosses for the most, rarely dropping off common mobs and champions.

However again, uniques are coming in bigtime. Like at level 50ish I had about 10+ unique rings/amulets and weapons.. dear God I don't even know how many. In half an hour like 4-5 unique weapons.

Think I can or will be able to reach Sacred 1 dwarf levels?

Common, we all know MF is fun :mafia:

Cheers.

I haven't really played with MF, are you getting diminishing returns on it? I could help you out more if you were on the *cough* EU side *cough* :yay:

I have searched for quite some time now, around these fora, most probably not well enough, and have yet to find a satisfactory topic where someone states "My character has x MF at level y and I feel that item drops are a z way".

Well... anyway... my level 52 HE has, with the current, MF equipment on, 70% better chance to find valuables. I personally feel that this is very low, I haven't, as of yet, noticed any satisfactory gains. I might as well use the experience gain equipment and just enjoy the random item here and there.

My HE has 4 equipments, btw, although some are better than others for their respective purposes, due to when and how much focus I placed on them.

1. The bargaining equip is the one I've taken care second most recently, more efficiently, since it is essential for buying for other equips. I use 3 relics with 5 barg, and generally +all skills equip. Incidentally, with some exceptions, this is my fast kill equip as well.

2. The chance to find equip was taken care of of right after bargaining, and I get 70% better chance.

3. The experience set is made of low level items which I've more or less worn from lvls 20-30, which grant a total of +50% experience gain. I've heard it's kind of low, so I have to buy/find some new items for this equip.

4. like 1, with the exception of some rings and amies, because I have, for instance, an amy with +5 AP Lore + 2 all skills, or something like that, which is a lot better to me than +3 all skills, and a similar story for some rings.

Edited by Tigrul

This is a really cool thread rooster. Now I'm curious as to who's got the most? This game's still in it's infancy, so I expect a lot of creativity regarding this type of build in the next year.

:butcher:

gogo

p.s. btw, is mf in Sacred 2 Chance to Find Valuables?

This is a really cool thread rooster. Now I'm curious as to who's got the most? This game's still in it's infancy, so I expect a lot of creativity regarding this type of build in the next year.

:)

gogo

p.s. btw, is mf in Sacred 2 Chance to Find Valuables?

As far as I can tell, MF is equal to Chance to Find Valuables, yeah. I don't have my character in front of me, so I can't provide specifics on the spot, but I have noticed a difference in drops when using +% chance to find valuables. Next time I take a look, I'll throw up some hard numbers for you.

I'm gonna catch ya r00ster!

DirtyDanielle v2.0 is just a hair away from gold. Once I hit 65 I'll be converting all her gear to +CTFV......the stuff I didn't give ya that is. :)

I'm getting tons of set drops and probably 5-6 unis an hour at my current rate. This does not include mass farming the Forest Guardian.

I'm on the console version but I have a level 76 high elf with 186.9 % CTFV. I only have a grand total of hard and soft points combined of 59 in EP. I get so many uniques and set pieces I just scrap them on the spot if I wasn't looking for it. My advice to the high elves trying to MF is find yourself at least 4 pieces of the Adornment of the Ancestors set ASAP and fill all the sockets with +% CTFV trust me.

grrr... I'm really starting to hate you guys! Don't you know it's unwise to annoy tigers? :)

Why doesn't any of you, when bragging about how much stuff they get, also present how much chance to find valuables they have? I mean... My HE is able to get 100% better chance, with the CTFV equipment on, but... it's too little, I still don't get that many goodies. How much should I have?