Regarding Seraphim Celestial Magic Builds

I have a noobie question. I'm trying to put together a Celestial Magic Aspect only Seraphim and I need some info not mentioned in SacredWiki. Does Combat Discipline and/or Ancient Magic have any influnce on this aspect? Any info would be welcomed!

Thanks

Hi Stephen, I've moved your topic to the discussions area for Seraphims, hopefully you will have members of the community come back to you with answers regarding your topic.

Cheers!

:blink:

gogo

Hi Stephen, I've moved your topic to the discussions area for Seraphims, hopefully you will have members of the community come back to you with answers regarding your topic.

Cheers!

:blink:

gogo

Thanks gogo, I guess that I'm an all around noob

Yes, because combat disciple helps all Combat Arts damage output and if put in a combo it lowers the regen time. Ancient magic would also help damage output because your using non-weapon based spells in celestial magic aspect. Hope this helps :blink:

Combat Discipline will increase the damage done by this aspect and will lower the regen times on stuff when you put them in combos which is great for any magic build!

Sadly Ancient Magic is not available to the Seraphim, but it would deff be good for this build if Seraphim was able to choose Ancient Magic!

Hope this helps,

StiCk_eM

Combat Discipline will increase the damage done by this aspect and will lower the regen times on stuff when you put them in combos which is great for any magic build!

Sadly Ancient Magic is not available to the Seraphim, but it would deff be good for this build if Seraphim was able to choose Ancient Magic!

Hope this helps,

StiCk_eM

Thanks ryanrocker and stick_em, I was at work and couldn't access my ps3 when I wrote the post. I couldn't remember about Ancient Magic. I was surprised that Combat Discipline wasn't listed as helping this aspect on SacredWiki, but who am I to criticize - it's been a GREAT aid!

if you find that your build is pretty successful would you mind posting it on here, as I have been wanting to try out a celestial magic build but they all seem weak damage wise to me. Thanks :)

if you find that your build is pretty successful would you mind posting it on here, as I have been wanting to try out a celestial magic build but they all seem weak damage wise to me. Thanks :)

Got my build underway last night, we'll see how she does.

Somebody posted a pillar build on Sacred International Forum....

they said they ran in a spiral and took the increased area mod for the pilar. As the mob spiraled in they got hit by more and more pillars, but always running so always picking up mob..

Sound like fun to me :)

I did some testing with celestial magic before I worked out my tech/magic build

if you take the Area of Effect mod coupled with a nlovae's mystery, you can cover your whole entire screen with one pillar@ca140+

that was for pure testing purposes, as that many ca levels will seriously impact your regen times, but if you could work out say....a dw build without wasting an offensive skill prereq, you could dw 2 nlovae's with the optional -regen property that randomly spawns on that staff...with 2x +Area of Effect radius, you would easily cover your screen with ca120 and you could probably gain that ca through +ca/without eating runes, keeping your regen times lower

I think at level 150, it's quite easy to achieve +200ca, of course, with penalties kicking in, it would require a substantial amount of runes eaten in addition to +ca gear

Pure Celestial is a tough build!

I do not know how it would handle in the higher difficulties, but I had one at level 50 for a while that was doing fairly well, but I decided I wanted to re-create, but I got side tracked by other projects so never really got around to it! The damage is an issue sometimes and especially early on you have to rely on melee a lot more than you would like to.

One thing that is nice though since you are focusing on a single aspect you are able to be more defensive minded and even take some general skills if you are into that sort of thing! I think what happened is I just got kinda bored with the build, it is definitely one of the more difficult Seraphim builds because the damage is not stellar!

If you have more questions I would love to help.

Good luck,

StiCk_eM

Pure Celestial is a tough build!

I do not know how it would handle in the higher difficulties, but I had one at level 50 for a while that was doing fairly well, but I decided I wanted to re-create, but I got side tracked by other projects so never really got around to it! The damage is an issue sometimes and especially early on you have to rely on melee a lot more than you would like to.

One thing that is nice though since you are focusing on a single aspect you are able to be more defensive minded and even take some general skills if you are into that sort of thing! I think what happened is I just got kinda bored with the build, it is definitely one of the more difficult Seraphim builds because the damage is not stellar!

If you have more questions I would love to help.

Good luck,

StiCk_eM

I was playing a BFG seraphim, but they are so powerful that I got bored with it. But it was interesting when I ran into the White Griffon at level 18. He kept debuffing my BFG leaving me empty-handed running in a big circle gulping down the health potions. Took me about 10 minutes real time to finally kill him.

I like the seraphim character so this might be the challenge I'm looking for. So far using Baneful Smite as my ranged weapon to lure them in and then use Radiant Pillar. I use the best sword I can find/buy for a 1 hit mop-up (I kind of like the wet work). We'll see how it goes. I'll give up-dates from time-to-time if everyone is interested.

I'm sure that I'll be asking some questions as I go stick_em, thanks for the offer!

Edited by stephentheheathen