Korpiklaani - Djembé? (African Drum)

I have a question for you korpiklaani fans here (like you Arperum ^^ ):

I read on their website that one of them also plays the Djembé (African Drum which I have been playing since I was 8-10 years old).

I've been trying to find a clip/song of them where they use it, only one I've found so far is this one:

Anyone know other songs of them where they use it?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Nope sorry, but that video just made my day :D The part at the beginning where he comes out of the shed playing the violin had me laughing like crazy lol.

lol yea that was pretty funny ^^, but it was also timed quiet well, I like the clips of Korpiklaani alot (from the few I've seen that is ^^)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Try songs of the cd "Korven Kuningas" I know Jonne played on a djembe like thing on one of their gigs, but forgot wich song exactly, I think it was "keep on galloping", but don't know for sure... and the song "Korven Kuningas" has some in them for sure, as the last 15 minutes or something are just a repeating djembe/whatever those things are called-piece...

and on their first cd "Spirit of the forest" because at that moment they still have a person specific for percusion(you already found wooden pints, same album for possibly more) or even try the cd shamaniac from shaman( Korpiklaani before their namechange,when they where still a folkband with a couple metal songs) and Karkelo could contain some of those wanted sounds too...Jonne is said to do percussion too in the booklet, so ...

I don't think there are any on "tales along this road", not mentioning percussion at all in the booklet... can't speak about the cd tervaskanto right now, because I lost it and and my new one still hasn't arrived in the shop...

But I think I rambled on for long enough... can't look at the video right now because youtube only gives errors right now...gonna find a way too murder them and let the dead body play me some music videos...

Edited by Arperum
Try songs of the cd "Korven Kuningas" I know Jonne played on a djembe like thing on one of their gigs, but forgot wich song exactly, I think it was "keep on galloping", but don't know for sure... and the song "Korven Kuningas" has some in them for sure, as the last 15 minutes or something are just a repeating djembe/whatever those things are called-piece...

and on their first cd "Spirit of the forest" because at that moment they still have a person specific for percusion(you already found wooden pints, same album for possibly more) or even try the cd shamaniac from shaman( Korpiklaani before their namechange,when they where still a folkband with a couple metal songs) and Karkelo could contain some of those wanted sounds too...Jonne is said to do percussion too in the booklet, so ...

I don't think there are any on "tales along this road", not mentioning percussion at all in the booklet... can't speak about the cd tervaskanto right now, because I lost it and and my new one still hasn't arrived in the shop...

Thx ^^, I'll be browsing YouTube :D

But I think I rambled on for long enough... can't look at the video right now because youtube only gives errors right now...gonna find a way too murder them and let the dead body play me some music videos...

lol Me wantz music! Kill them! :D

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I had never heard of these guys or this genre of music, but DANG, that was sweet. You've made me a fan Chareos.

and you even haven't seen them live, they are ten times better live then on cd...it's always a real party live.

I had never heard of these guys or this genre of music, but DANG, that was sweet. You've made me a fan Chareos.

and you even haven't seen them live, they are ten times better live then on cd...it's always a real party live.

Yea, I've been watching YouTube video's all day yesterday of them, luckily I still had an album of them I got long ago, will be searching for more soon :)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

• 3 weeks later...

omg lol.. never heard of this band, and also (until now) never had listen to folk/pagan metal before..

but, what should I say.. it sounds.. somehow just crazy lol.. but growing to like it, somehow..

btw, korkiplaani will be even in my homecountry, Austria, this year.. during the 'Paganfest' ...

http://www.rockthenation.eu/splashpage/

edit: hmm now im really pondering if I should get myself a ticket for either the show in Innsbruck or Vienna... (anyone else wanna go there? :) ..)

edit#2.. hmm maybe vienna.. by this time my sister's gonna be back from holiday, she's a student there... could rest at her place...

Edited by Rotluchs