No More PS3 - Broken

Those of you who have sent me invites or already on my friends list I am not ignoring you. It is merely that my Ps3 my baby since the launch of the system has ceased to be. I am currently looking into scrounging up the 150 to send it in for repairs.

Er it is suppose to say no more PS3..sheesh making topics at early hours makes one no smart.

Edited by gogoblender

I'm sorry to hear about this too, rory. When hardware's down it's always a bad day for me. I hope you get this sorted and are able to get back into the game.

Good luck

:)

gogo

No no..alas not a yellow light of doom. The exact sequence of events was a power outage (I have UPS's though) When it came back on I powered my stuff back on turned on my Ps3 and it was fine for a second..then turned itself off. So then I restarted it and it froze up on the XMB. The next restart..all the fans go but, nothing gets outputted, No controller can be connected to the system (Even connected by USB). I cant do the 5 second hold start..and it regardless shuts itself down after a few seconds anyway. I pulled out the Hard Drive and reformatted it and stuck it in. However that did not fix the issue either. I have tried a few of the fixes listed on the internet including a few for other errors. (Anything that doesn't involve breaking the seal and opening the system)

Alas it is a North American Launch system bought on day 1 so it is not suprising that it developed some kind of problem after all this time and many many many..many hours of use out of the system.

PS on a side note..I found Sacred 2 for PC the other day at Walmart for 20 bucks.

Edited by GunKata

lol.... ya seriously new ps3 slim announced today for $299. I think its 120gb. it looks a bit cheaper than original but its less expensive.

I would honestly save my money and buy a new one...... don't repair old one, anyways u lost all your data so.... might as well start from scratch with a new ps3

Actually I highly doubt you actually lost your data. Just remove the hard drive before you go getting rid of it. That is if you're going for the new PS3 Slim. If you're sending it in for repair they should already know to inspect the hard drive. PS3 hard drives are 2.25" laptop hard drives and are formatted in FAT32 (I believe) which is readable across Windows and Linux. You could just hook the drive up to a computer and see what is on there. From there you could try to copy the entire contents of the drive onto another drive for a backup in hopes that it's recoverable on a replacement system.

BTW GunKata I LOL'd at myself for not remembering why you sent me a PSN friend request. I'm sorry 'bout that. My twin boys are taking up much of my brain power lately (what little there was to begin with). I'll add you as soon as I get home on my PS3. This is in hopes that you get your situation all figured out. Best of luck to you!

Yes I am likely gonna wait for a slim Ps3 however I have some hopes the Sony repair fee might go down a little bit with the price drop of the rest of their systems. And then I can have two and put the "I'm not fat I am big boned" version in the Living room.