Do you like this girl?

Dobri

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hoping that this thread is still open for posting. I've been following the forum discussions on this website and am really impressed with the analyses/write-ups by Dobri and Soldat on the usefulness of damage mitigation (DM). As such, I've been setting up my High Elf and Seraphim characters in favor of armory with DM modifiers (especially those unlocked by armor lore mastery).

As I understand, a high-level shopper is required to source for a good armor with stacked DM. However, although my Seraphim shopper (currently level 96 with Bargaining 75 hard and 321 soft points) has already found a torso armor with stacked DM, my HE shopper (currently level 100 with Bargaining 100 hard and 403 soft points) rarely sees an armor with DM modifiers, let alone an armor with DM mods that unlock with armor lore mastery. I'm playing on the console and my HE shopper is currently at Niob difficulty. I am wondering if:

(1) such TORSO armors, like the one Dobri found, exist at the shops for my HE character? Has anyone found such armors for HE and how was it achieved?

(2) it is because my HE shopper's level is still too low and requires further leveling to maybe 120-140 before such armors begin to appear in shops? But then again, as I understand it gets more difficult to find higher quality of wares with higher char level. This makes me hesitant to continue leveling my HE.

Sorry for the long post but I'd greatly appreciate some advice on these matters. :bow:

Thank you.

*Side note*

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the 'electrify' mod for Cobalt Strike serves to mitigate damage as well. I was testing out the 'weakening' effects of CS on the Nameless Guardians and this is what I observed:

NG (Ice, Level 116)

Without 'Weakening'

HP = 224625

Damage = 1778

With 'Weakening'

HP = 197000

Damage = 1602

Approx. 10% of DM. :)

NG (Poison, Lev 116)

Without 'Weakening'

HP = 410400

Damage = 2387

With 'Weakening'

HP = 349600

Damage = 2133

That is close to 11% of DM!

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hoping that this thread is still open for posting. I've been following the forum discussions on this website and am really impressed with the analyses/write-ups by Dobri and Soldat on the usefulness of damage mitigation (DM). As such, I've been setting up my High Elf and Seraphim characters in favor of armory with DM modifiers (especially those unlocked by armor lore mastery).

As I understand, a high-level shopper is required to source for a good armor with stacked DM. However, although my Seraphim shopper (currently level 96 with Bargaining 75 hard and 321 soft points) has already found a torso armor with stacked DM, my HE shopper (currently level 100 with Bargaining 100 hard and 403 soft points) rarely sees an armor with DM modifiers, let alone an armor with DM mods that unlock with armor lore mastery. I'm playing on the console and my HE shopper is currently at Niob difficulty. I am wondering if:

(1) such TORSO armors, like the one Dobri found, exist at the shops for my HE character? Has anyone found such armors for HE and how was it achieved?

(2) it is because my HE shopper's level is still too low and requires further leveling to maybe 120-140 before such armors begin to appear in shops? But then again, as I understand it gets more difficult to find higher quality of wares with higher char level. This makes me hesitant to continue leveling my HE.

Sorry for the long post but I'd greatly appreciate some advice on these matters. :bow:

Thank you.

*Side note*

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the 'electrify' mod for Cobalt Strike serves to mitigate damage as well. I was testing out the 'weakening' effects of CS on the Nameless Guardians and this is what I observed:

NG (Ice, Level 116)

Without 'Weakening'

HP = 224625

Damage = 1778

With 'Weakening'

HP = 197000

Damage = 1602

NG (Poison, Lev 116)

Without 'Weakening'

HP = 410400

Damage = 2387

With 'Weakening'

HP = 349600

Damage = 2133

Im not sure about the HE gear question, but the electrify mod causes the weaken status effect which lowers attributes by 20% and thus lowers damage, health and all other things effected by attributes (or the monster equivalent).

Thank you.

*Side note*

NG (Ice, Level 116)

Without 'Weakening'

HP = 224625

Damage = 1778

With 'Weakening'

HP = 197000

Damage = 1602

NG (Poison, Lev 116)

Without 'Weakening'

HP = 410400

Damage = 2387

With 'Weakening'

HP = 349600

Damage = 2133

Im not sure about the HE gear question, but the electrify mod causes the weaken status effect which lowers attributes by 20% and thus lowers damage, health and all other things effected by attributes (or the monster equivalent).

great to know, thank you for sharing with me the specific effects of the 'weakening' status on the attributes :)

Hello, Don! You asked this question in another section of our forum, but I will answer again here:

Heavy armour has a better chance of appearing with Damage Mitigaiton than light armour. The elf typically does not get heavy armour, and so the chance of finding DM on elf armour is quite low.