Combat Art Modification Points

Hi there,

Just a quick question, and yes I have tried looking into this before making a topic, but what means are there of getting Combat Art Mods?

I know you get them from the Lore/Focus when you have them at level 3, 5, 9 etc. but I seem to find myself with 8 mod points for one group of 5 combat arts even though I only have put 9 points into the lore. Therefore shouldn't I only have 3? Where have the other 5 come from? I am a Dryad if this helps at all but the reason I ask is that if I can avoid using skill points uneccesarily then it's a big help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Since I'm uncertain which aspect you're referring to at the moment my suspicion is:

Tactics Lore also provides mod points to any melee-oriented Aspect. (Capricious Hunter in this case)

As you state each aspect has two skills, a lore and a focus, associated with it and putting points into these skills unlock modifiers.

Some aspects only appear to have a focus though. This is because Tactics Lore is considered the "lore" for these aspects. These aspects can also be identified by being weapon-oriented.

Edit: When determining modifier points unlocked the value of both relevant skills are added together (In this case Capricious Hunter and Tactics Lore).

Edited by Little Faith

A single point into tactics lore works the same as a point into the appropriate lore/focus for an aspect in terms of awarding mod points. It essensially is the "lore" for melee oriented aspects (C hunter in your case).