My Visibility and Light Range Test (Map Revealed %)

ok this is my test on the stats visibility range & light range,just to see how much of the map would I reveal using a suit

made up of lvl218 lumen light rings on a sw lvl200 +using shadow veil(perma) just to be unhindered by enemies,ill update as I reveal map(in stages) but heres a pic of my sw at night with suit on(god of light) and stage1(from sloeford/he outpost/thylsium portal to dragonmaw pass(wall)this is what I revealed

with-

light range-95.9m

visibility range-(x)or(+)398.0%

godoflight.jpg

maprevealedstage1.jpg

Try to find some jewelry without the light range as it gonna give you a headache if you play a long time with it.

When I did my exploring I had 767% Visibility range and ended up with 152.6% map revealed, when you enter caves be sure to walk against the edges to uncover the most.

Try to find some jewelry without the light range as it gonna give you a headache if you play a long time with it.

When I did my exploring I had 767% Visibility range and ended up with 152.6% map revealed, when you enter caves be sure to walk against the edges to uncover the most.

Lol and here I thought my level 152 elf with 591% visibility was doing ok :) What were the average ring/amulet %'s you were using on this? I thought it was neat that you could "reveal" the border of the map :)

Impressive.

Spunky, with this much map revealed, did you get the bonus Magic Find up very high?

:)

gogo

p.s. lol, wraith, you'll need sunglasses if you keep running the game that mode :)

after 5 mins watching my god of light I was seeing stars when I turned away from screen lol :mafia:

what im gonna do is reveal all ground level area then underground area's,im doing this test to find out once map is revealed what effects it will

have on my sw without fighting/quests etc hence why im doing it in freeplay mode(easier just to run about) + im bored! bigtime lol

After I had done my exploring I found my first and only legendaries right after from some Nameless Guardian runs, just luck? maybe but you can never know what influences the legendary drops :mafia:

EDIT: a good idea when exploring is to start with one region and clear away all the fog inside and outside caves, as if you just do overground map it would be difficult to find your way to all the caves again.

So just explore all in your path once you find caves/dungeons so you not gonna miss them later.

Edited by Spunky
My average jewelry piece had 18-20% VR, and it took me about 25-30 hours to re-visit all the places as I had gone over them with only 82% VR before.

Crazy. I was using 20 to 23's and only managed to get my high elf to 591 ;/ I didn't shop for gear that had visibility + good sockets though so perhaps that made some difference? A good way to see the visible range you will get is to jump to the dryad island north sea port and see how much ocean is revealed w/o moving. Really easy to see the ring there :unsure:

I've used the X-mas outfit when I explored, that set has two sockets in every piece(gauntlets and boots are only 1 socket normally) + I dual wielded 2 Officer's Sabers.

I think I had in all 28 rings/amulets equipped totally.

A little screenshot of Dryad Island when explored with 767% VR:

Utennavn-35.jpg

Edited by Spunky

good advice spunky on the caves,I'll go back to he region and do the regions in turn,

my lumen light rings have-

25% visibility each

6.8m light range each

and I've 13 in total on my sw

+using the executioners helm with its visibilty mod 42% I think

the only thing putting me off is caves are so many and annoying

what I dont understand is how come spunky ended up with 152.6% map revealed? I thought 100% would be all of map?

good advice spunky on the caves,I'll go back to he region and do the regions in turn,

my lumen light rings have-

25% visibility each

6.8m light range each

and I've 13 in total on my sw

+using the executioners helm with its visibilty mod 42% I think

the only thing putting me off is caves are so many and annoying

what I dont understand is how come spunky ended up with 152.6% map revealed? I thought 100% would be all of map?

Don't forget the Infernal Torment set, each piece has 3 sockets and the helm got VR + when you complete the set you get even more VR.

Hello Wraithking,

I asked a similar question regarding the percentage of the map revealed and the answer that I received was along the lines that the 'top surface' and 'dungeons and caves' each have their own percentiles and consequently, the combined percentage of above and below ground can be greater than 100%.

:)

Happy hunting and keep us posted of your progress.

How wide is your light range on the map at 95.9m?

I think it would be cool to compare a regular character's path (minimum path) from start to Dragon's Maw pass, and a God of Light's path to the same. (I'm kinda stuck in the mindset of follow the main quest pathline I guess :P )

look at my first post in this thread frostelf,the pic with yellow effect is the effect of light range 95.9m it covers whole screen and distorts it,

and the map pic if you look at clearview to dragonmaw pass thats what a standard follow the campaign line looks like with the high vis range(god of light)

its alot bigger than what a normal line would be

light range=how bright area round char is ingame(during night)

visibility range=area revealed on map screen and how far you can spot things on radar

well I think!!

Edited by wraithking

Very inspiring topic wraithking. :P

I had been thinking of doing this with my SW to improve his MF and after I read your topic here a couple days ago I decided to commit. My SW is now happily enjoying 80.5% Map Revealed and I think I'll be happy with that. No more mapping for me... It's exhausting! Basically I covered the uppermost regions while popping into caves whenever I saw one. For the most part I didn't explore caves. I just entered them and left. Simply entering a cave will add 0.1 to 0.2% to your MR. This is a lot when considering how long I needed to run above ground in order to gain 0.1 - 0.2%. It takes about 20 seconds of running to gain 0.1% if I recall correctly. With 314% visibility that is. Character level 50.

Cheers for the inspiration guys!

182nv9.jpg

how much mf/stat boosts or whatever it is did you get to your sw schot? is it actually worth revealing more map?

it is really boring just running around trying to get it uncovered but I was bored at the time,I allways have

crazy brain waves ;) then I think about it more they go from crazy :D to mind blowing stupid :P lol

Don't blow yer brains dude! :)

I got +20% MF out of it wraithking. In the most simplest terms we get 25% of our total (MR)Map Revealed converted into a constant amount of (FV)Chance to Find Valuables. So my 80% MR becomes 20% FV. I wouldn't suggest doing it with less than 300% Visbility because you WILL go crazy, haha. There are two great levels to do this I've found. Level 50-60 and 80-100. I choose the weakest possible difficulty to do my mapping so that enemies will be so low level that they won't bother attacking me and getting in my way. I do the hardest areas first which are Tyr Lysia, Artamark, Dyr Lain and the Jungle which have a lot of trees and forests that obstruct convenient routes for mapping and then I get a nice easy break in Nor Plat, the Swamp and Bengaresh which have almost no obstructions at all. I didn't have my Visibility suit on when I did The Wastelands as you can see from the pic in my previous post and I didn't even bother doing the Seraphim Island or the Northern Island. 80% is enough to make me happy. ^^ Or rather... Any more than 80% and I would have gone crazy, lol.

If I had to guess I would say that mapping only the above ground areas would give you about 85-90% MR which is pretty good. Oh and that guess does include entering every cave that you would run nearby. If you want the absolute most you can get from caves then uncover the fog inside completely but if you're like me and just want near 80% then just walk in the cave and then exit. Just entering the cave gives a lot of MR. Entering a cave gives 0.1-0.2% MR. And trust me... That is a lot.

My SW was level 50 wearing 314% Visibility. I was kicking myself after I got 80% MR though because I forgot to equip two pieces of armor that had a lot of additional Visibility... Doh! My visibility gear was bought using a Niob level 60 Bargainer and each amulet/ring had between 15-17% Visibility.

Is it worth getting more than 80% MR? Hmmm... Well more is better for sure but personally I think the 20% FV I'm getting from my MR is good enough. Here's how I see it... After you've mapped the entire above ground areas you're going to have to pull all kinds of tricks and spend a ton of time seeking tiny uncovered corners of caves to get it up further. Increasing your MR beyond 90% will come very slowly and we'll probably have to lock you up in a padded cell and hide all forms of maps from you for the rest of your life. Hehe.

Get to 80-90% MR and be happy with that I would say. ^^