Nameless Guardians - Last Boss Minimum Level

Hi, Do the nameless guardians have a minimum level on certain difficulties? Ex: minimum level on gold, platinum, niobium.

I have a level 65 pyro high elf and I die every time to the guardians on gold (I have died at the first or the second guardian so far - haven't even gotten to the last which I'm sure is even harder). I make sure to kill the traps before attacking the guardians so the TGs are not a problem. The boss is just doing so much damage to me.

HI ka243

Each boss does different kinds of damages.

The Nameless Guardian

If you know which of the four bosses it is that is doing a lot of damage, you can switch your relics before you encounter each one, so that the correct relic resistance is upwards facing which will very much cut out a lot of the damage.

As you are probably running them over and over? You're probably encountering the same boss in a specific order? If so, just look at each boss's stats after you kill it, then you'll know the order of the guardians you're encountering (btw, someone should make a nice map of where they stand and which one they are :bounce), and can then flip relics up in order.

I have a pretty good higher level trader myself, so I just get that trader to get me highest possible relics, one of each type, and then only socket ice, fire and magic, as my dryad has native phys and poison resistance from her bark. Perhaps there is one of your buffs that is giving you a lot of resists versus one of the elements already? If so, count on that as being covered, and just cover the other three with your relics.

Good luck

:thumbsup:

gogo

p.s. regarding minimum levels on bosses, I'm not sure, but will look and see if they do.

As gogo said I think it is your resistance to damage. Pump your GI up. at your level your should easily be getting 500-750 hitpoints per second regen. what is your base hit point level? if you don't have a buffer of hp then they will crit you out of action in just a few hits. since your survivability bonus is already shot, try some experiments with evasion mods and jewelry. chance to evade etc. I ran bronze, silver and gold and never had a problem with nameless. grand inquisitor got a hold of me in bronze before I could hit my expluse and used his ES to suck my sole and kill me but that was my bad. I had 6500 HP by level 50 when I finished gold.

Finally beat them on gold. I leveled up to level 74 and bought a bunch of HP jewelry and was able to do it after getting my poision amror above 1200 and my HP above 10 000. The last guardian was level 86 when I beat him by the way.

Antitrust, are those the minimum and maximum levels for the guardians?

Bronze: (26) - (40-41)

Silver: (26) - (75-76)

Gold: (66) - (120-121)

Platinum: (96) - (160-161)

Niobium: (136) - (215-216)

Meaning in platinum, they will not go below level 96? Thats very helpful if so.

Edited by ka243

I wonder... Is Ice skin a better option for fighting the guardians than fire skin and the great machine area in general?

I.e. will glacial mirror help versus the temple guardian fire traps and fenn fire spells?

Will it help versus the nameless guardian CA attacks?

Is my fire skin "close combat reflect" doing anything to reflect the nameless attacks?

... this might be a good reason to take ice focus as last skill.

Mods would be: Ice skin - glacial mirror, :), :)

Cascading shroud: Mist, Inconspicuous, Steam

Great job. Are you pure caster or Coup? how may runes do you have in Grand Invig. ?

Pure caster build does fine vs everything except the guardians at gold which gave me trouble and the plat guardians probably will too. I'll let you know when I get there.

Currently level 75

CAS:

Mods:

Incendiary shower lv 17 (1 rune): Stun, Continuity, Crit: Damage 1176, 13 meteors

Tempest level 18 (2 runes): Initial Damage, Burning Damage, Crit : Damage 764 + 1368 / Sec

Fire skin level 44: Burn Arrow, Reflect melee, Fiery Ardor

Shadow Step: Lower regen

Expell Magic level 9 (1 rune): Strength, Pentagram, Protection - spell banishing effectiveness : 149

Grand Invigoration level 45: Pyro regen, CA regen, less Detrimental effects

Current skills (before bonus to all skills):

Pyro Lore: 75

Pyro Focus: 43

Armor Lore: 8

Ancient Magic: 2

Bargaining: 75

Delphic focus: 43

Concentration: 13

Constitution: 25

Shield lore: 1

? Can't decide between EP, Delphic lore and Combat discipline. CD would be for damage only as combo speed is bugged on console.

After a test:

After a test delphic lore level 52 added about 400 spell banishing effectiveness to my Em and 150 extra hp regen.

CD level 52 added about 100 to my initial BT damage and 300 to my IS damage (per meteor I think)

All skills bonus: 52 now

HP: 9Kish - HP Regen: About 300 / second, Armor : About 4000

Stats: Half into Vitality, Half into Stamina

Edited by ka243

pure casters do take a lot longer to mature than melee. You can crank up the grand invigoration way beyound level with out any penalties. I would double what you have easy and then continue adding when you thought it needed more regen. as for your last skill. I might do EP myself, I don't care for spending hours and hours shopping for good 2 star weapons or armor, Ep does make better stuff drop

I might do EP myself, I don't care for spending hours and hours shopping for good 2 star weapons or armor, Ep does make better stuff drop

Instead you'll be spending hours & hours killing stuff waiting for a good 2 star weapon/armour to drop. :)

Thanks antitrust. I find I get enough set items from doing griffon and boar runs that ep is not necessary. But, I never find any legendaries (ever) and it would be nice to find more good shields and stuff. Added some sepculation about ice stuff to previous post. Also added concrete numbers for what DA lore and CD added if picked. Thanks for input everyone.

Edited by ka243

Does EP help with legendary finding? I didn't realise they were so hard to find. Just been hearing everyone say "EP is not very good, just do griffon/boar runs and you will get everything you need" - mostly true concerning sets except for that darn pyro set that I have never found a single piece of even after like days of griffion/boar killing... just noticed I'm still using a level 50 nlovae's mystery. It'd be nice to get a better version by now :). Really like to find another excalibran too. Only found one of those with my level 35 seraphim with EP. HMMM.....

Does EP help with legendary finding? I didn't realise they were so hard to find. Just been hearing everyone say "EP is not very good, just do griffon/boar runs and you will get everything you need" - mostly true concerning sets except for that darn pyro set that I have never found a single piece of even after like days of griffion/boar killing... just noticed I'm still using a level 50 nlovae's mystery. It'd be nice to get a better version by now :). Really like to find another excalibran too. Only found one of those with my level 35 seraphim with EP. HMMM.....

I love this guys perspective on the bargaining v enhanced debate. check it out. http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=12696&hl=

Look me up on xbox live sometime. I may be able to trade you for something. I have some high elf pieces I dont use, picked up most just smashin monsters, not boring myself to death killing the griffen or boar over, and over, and over, and ............. oh crap I fell asleep with my finger on the coup button again.

Look me up on xbox live sometime. I may be able to trade you for something. I have some high elf pieces I dont use, picked up most just smashin monsters, not boring myself to death killing the griffen or boar over, and over, and over, and ............. oh crap I fell asleep with my finger on the coup button again.

Thanks for the offer, however I only play single player at this point. I just don't want to pay a subscription for games. Happy to buy them with a one-time fee, would be nice if xbox multiplayer was free like pc multiplayer.

Edit: Finding platinum to be a lot easier than gold so far... The first dragon in the lava zone killed me in gold once (admidtedly I was off guard) but still... I killed him in like 3 hits in platinum. I'll update as I get to the guardians..

Edited by ka243
Thanks for the offer, however I only play single player at this point. I just don't want to pay a subscription for games. Happy to buy them with a one-time fee, would be nice if xbox multiplayer was free like pc multiplayer.

I thought you only needed a Silver Live membership to play MP (or was that for same-console co-op)?

Silver is needed to be able to trade between characters playing same console coop. Silver is needed to use the carrier imp (if you have purchased it). No online is needed to play same console coop (but you can't trade items between characters). Gold is needed to play with other players over the internet using xbox live and to appear on the leaderboards.

Thats whats nice about the PS3 no ONLINE FEES and also, you dont have you buy batteries every week because your controllers die...One charge with the PS3 controller last easily 2 times the life of batteries would in xbox controllers. Should buy a PS3 they offer free demos and free system updates which is nice....Definately worth more than the Xbox to me. I own both now I can't even sell my Xbox360 kinda odd huh? Haha, well I don't think so because I'd rather have a PS3.

When I played my pyro elf, for bosses I'd use expulse immidiately whenid get into melée range, meteor storm to stun and refresh meteors and expulse to keep him stunned and unable to use CA against me. If the meteors aren't killing him use whatever CA you have that will damage.

With my ice melée elf I expulse, nimbus cloud, then thorns. If they resist thorns I coup their legs out from under them. Really works for me. I have a really hard time against the Griffon and the undead prince in the swamp so I stay away from them. Haven't tryed the harpy queen yet but I expect her to be taboo also.

None of the mini bosses have ever given me any problems. Just the guardians and their really high damage. Yeah, strategy wise, I expell magic to get rid of the shield and then just pound meteors. Not much of a strategy I guess :).

Edit: Just beat the guardians on platinum at level 86. Piece of cake. Constitution mastery really helps.

Then I almost got killed by... a boar in niobium... Geez, normal mobs take like 1/3 my health with just one hit are you kidding? :o Really, the mobs are 30 levels higher than me and give crap for experience :)?

I think the guardians are going to be impossible or at least until I get a lot higher level.

I killed the wite griffin and he dropped a bunch of nice level 120 set stuff that I can't equip :).

Edited by ka243