Temple Guardian build - Need Help

after reading many builds I still don't get them =/

Welcome to the DarkMatters ghost00710!

Is there a specific question you are looking to have answered? lol, I`m never really on any fast communicators too often becuase I spend way too much of my time on this forum :thumbsup:

what I can say is...if you`re new at this game, and yoùre looking to start up a new build, maybe a Temple Guardian is going to be a pain. Complicated game mechanics with him, and as indicated in the game manual, he`s one of the builds for players with an experienced understanding of mechanics.

If you want to tackle him though, read, read, read, post, ask questions, get to know the community and before you know it you`ll find yourself in the position of being an expert with the game.

Or...take the easy route and try a Shadow Warrior or Dryad :)

Again, welcome to the forum!

:)

gogo

What platform are you playing on? I found the fire or ice high elf and BFG seraphim to be 2 of the easiest builds to play. Dryad was easy too but I found the dryad boring, not sure why.

Edited by ka243

Well I'm playing on PC. Sacred 2 Fallen Angel PL version. V 2.43 I was playing High Elf for Pyromancer and I'm getting bored of her.

My general questions are:

1)Should I put Skills Points into Bargaining?

2)What is that combat gear because I don't undarstand that trick with regeneration time. I was trying to do this with weapon 1+ to combat allert or something like that but it doesn't worked.

3)(continue about q.above) Are there relics that adds + to Combat Arts? (because as I'm thinking, gear is that ring in left down corner for relics) If not, than I don't undarstand nothing XD

4) Should I put skills into Warding Energy Lore? (something like that that adds points + to your T-energy shield) And how much should I focus on armor Lore?

5) As I realized, putting points into Stammina is wasting points because of little reducing of regeneration time. I think I prefer dexterity for more defense

6) How about shill Combat Discipline (Did I wrote corectly?) Is that skill growing damage in all Combat Arts that are in Combo icon? Does It works even for Jolting Touch and other Combat Arts based on gun-arm of Temple Guardian? PS: I checked it for fast on single player with fast experience to get Skill POints. I put into combo that first Combat Art of Temple Guardian and I atked mob. It took 15-20 dmg on level 1 and Skill level 1. Than I maxed Skill Combat Discipline to 15 (as my level) and I hit again and no difference. Maybe It was a bug, I mean, I should make again Combo icon and dmg will reset and get higher. I think for better dmg better is maxing Lore skills. Eventualy for melee - tactic lore.

7) All skills are cool in Temple Guardian builds and Combat Art. But I don't know which one should I focus on, to put Skill Points into a) skill for first, or in b) skill. For example.

Those question I think are mostly making me unundestand some aspects of game mechanics. I'm thinking about choice between Temple Guardian for Jolting touch (because it makes good dmg as I saw and it recorvers HP) and melee Temple Guardian for dedicated hit and ummm... that third arm ;p (sory, I got polish version of game and I didn't learn all translations)

Thanks for all help anyway :thumbsup: I'm waiting for your reply without pation =D

PS: I know Temple Guardian is hard char to play for begginers, but he is great for bosses and mobs as I saw =p Shadow Warrior sounds boring. Like normal barbarian in Diablo II.

Edited by ghost00710
Well I'm playing on PC. Sacred 2 Fallen Angel PL version. V 2.43 I was playing High Elf for Pyromancer and I'm getting bored of her.

My general questions are:

1)Should I put Skills Points into Bargaining?

2)What is that combat gear because I don't undarstand that trick with regeneration time. I was trying to do this with weapon 1+ to combat allert or something like that but it doesn't worked.

3)(continue about q.above) Are there relics that adds + to Combat Arts? (because as I'm thinking, gear is that ring in left down corner for relics) If not, than I don't undarstand nothing XD

4) Should I put skills into Warding Energy Lore? (something like that that adds points + to your T-energy shield) And how much should I focus on armor Lore?

5) As I realized, putting points into Stammina is wasting points because of little reducing of regeneration time. I think I prefer dexterity for more defense

6) How about shill Combat Discipline (Did I wrote corectly?) Is that skill growing damage in all Combat Arts that are in Combo icon? Does It works even for Jolting Touch and other Combat Arts based on gun-arm of Temple Guardian? PS: I checked it for fast on single player with fast experience to get Skill POints. I put into combo that first Combat Art of Temple Guardian and I atked mob. It took 15-20 dmg on level 1 and Skill level 1. Than I maxed Skill Combat Discipline to 15 (as my level) and I hit again and no difference. Maybe It was a bug, I mean, I should make again Combo icon and dmg will reset and get higher. I think for better dmg better is maxing Lore skills. Eventualy for melee - tactic lore.

7) All skills are cool in Temple Guardian builds and Combat Art. But I don't know which one should I focus on, to put Skill Points into a) skill for first, or in b) skill. For example.

Those question I think are mostly making me unundestand some aspects of game mechanics. I'm thinking about choice between Temple Guardian for Jolting touch (because it makes good dmg as I saw and it recorvers HP) and melee Temple Guardian for dedicated hit and ummm... that third arm ;p (sory, I got polish version of game and I didn't learn all translations)

Thanks for all help anyway :thumbsup: I'm waiting for your reply without pation =D

PS: I know Temple Guardian is hard char to play for begginers, but he is great for bosses and mobs as I saw =p Shadow Warrior sounds boring. Like normal barbarian in Diablo II.

1) if you want to buy good stuff from merchants than yes

2) There is a technique to have a set of gear (or just a weapon) that boosts a Combat Art (usually a buff) so that you wear that set of gear to cast the buff then switch to other gear with other bonuses while retaining the higher level buff benefit from the initial cast.

3) As far as I know there are not relics that boost combat art levels

4) Yes you should if you use the energy shield. It will boost the "hp" of the shield tremendously. I recommend taking armor lore at least to mastery (75 hard points) to benefit from all armor modifiers you find on gear plus you get mastery bonus and armor value boost.

5) Stamina is a good attribute for Source Warden and maybe lost fusion TGs because they have Combat Arts with long regen times. Int is also an option for source warden or lost fusion to boost damage and spell intensity. Strength or Dex is good for devout guardian TGs depending on your weapon type. Vit is good if you want more hp and hp regen.

6) Combat discipline does increase the damage of combat arts. They do not need to be in a combo to get the benefit.

7) Up to you -- do whatever seems like the most fun for your play style and have fun! :)

Gee thanks =D But backing to combat arts gear. What is that gear? Maybe you can post a screen or something. As I wrote (I think) I tried to do it with weapon and It doesn't worked.

I forget Combat Art rune with buff Combat Art. Than in slot 1 I put this weapon and slot 2 was empty. I turned slot 2 and used buff. My regen time of Combat Art was 7.1. Next I turned slot 2 (1+ to buff) I turned it on and my regen time was 7.6. I turned slot 1 (still having buff level 2 on) and my buff level went to 1, but regen time was 7.1. Maybe I don't know how this trick works.

Maybe it works for weapons that have their own + to Combat Art. Not Combat Art rune forget in.

Second thing. I put skillpoints into combat discipline but it didn't grow that beggining Combat Art of Temple Guardian dmg =/

2) There is a technique to have a set of gear (or just a weapon) that boosts a Combat Art (usually a buff) so that you wear that set of gear to cast the buff then switch to other gear with other bonuses while retaining the higher level buff benefit from the initial cast.

sorry about stealing your thread....I got a quick question,does this technique work on console?

Gee thanks =D But backing to combat arts gear. What is that gear? Maybe you can post a screen or something. As I wrote (I think) I tried to do it with weapon and It doesn't worked.

I forget Combat Art rune with buff Combat Art. Than in slot 1 I put this weapon and slot 2 was empty. I turned slot 2 and used buff. My regen time of Combat Art was 7.1. Next I turned slot 2 (1+ to buff) I turned it on and my regen time was 7.6. I turned slot 1 (still having buff level 2 on) and my buff level went to 1, but regen time was 7.1. Maybe I don't know how this trick works.

Maybe it works for weapons that have their own + to Combat Art. Not Combat Art rune forget in.

Second thing. I put skillpoints into combat discipline but it didn't grow that beggining Combat Art of Temple Guardian dmg =/

I think you may be misunderstanding how the technique works. You cast the buff at the highest level that you can using +combat arts from your equipment (socketed runes work just fine). When a Combat Art level is increased by gear you get the full benefit of the level increase but only half of the regen penalty. After the buff is cast it stays at that level until it gets dispelled by an enemy or you cancel the buff so you can change your gear and still benefit from the improved buff. This way you can get a higher level buff without as much of a regen penalty as you would if you had eaten enough runes to get the same level buff.

Not sure what you are seeing with combat discipline but it will increase the damage of combat arts such as deathly spears. Maybe look at the damage of a combat art before and after putting a point in combat discipline.

@moo moo: Yes this trick works on consoles as well.

Hiehie no problem =p

Woooo wo wo so you mean + to Combat Art from items set (this is that combat art gear?) makes buffs level higher and regen time goes up but not as much as with eating runes by character, right? So level 2 of Combat Art (1+ from item) makes for example +5% of regen time, and level 2 of Combat Art (1+ from eating rune) makes +8% of regen time?

Hiehie no problem =p

Woooo wo wo so you mean + to Combat Art from items set (this is that combat art gear?) makes buffs level higher and regen time goes up but not as much as with eating runes by character, right?

Yes exactly, Works for the regen of all combat arts not just buffs.

Edit: moved a comma

Edited by Ansgar

Oh my gosh!! Now I understand =D I thought while changing from Combat Art eq set to battle eq set, your regen time from level 2 goes to regen time of level 1 =D

How big is difference between those 2 ways of leveling up Combat Art? Is there any rule?

Oh my gosh!! Now I understand =D I thought while changing from Combat Art eq set to battle eq set, your regen time from level 2 goes to regen time of level 1 =D

How big is difference between those 2 ways of leveling up Combat Art? Is there any rule?

So I'm going to do Temple Guardian with this build

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11066

Now thanks to you it makes sense =D

Thanks so much again :)

Can't wait for hard work =P

It really depends on how good your gear is. Bargaining can help with getting the most out of this technique.

The regen penalty is halved if you get the Combat Art level from a piece of equipment rather than by "eating" the rune.

Damn I thought that when I put off Combat Art gear, % of regen of jolting touch wont change. but. it changed. so cool =D I hope it isn't bug and Ascaron wont disable this thing =D Temple Guardian Is cool :)

Now I have 3+ to both buffs from armor and ring, 1+ from sword and 1+ from other sword and 4+ to combat gear for jolting and 1+ to spikes =D Cool +D

Bargaining is cool too =)

Edited by ghost00710

I do not mind a longer regen time on deathly spears so I tend to eat more runes so that the damage is higher. I use it as my Area of Effect farming nuke after gathering up a large group of mobs (they have to be pretty close to you so mobs that use a melee attack work the best).

It is also very effective to keep DS "spammable" especially against bosses. There are videos out there of DS being constantly spammed against niobium bosses.

So it really depends on how you want to use deathly spears both ways are effective but you kind of have to choose one or the other.

Yes, but to get more waves, I think I should eat runes to get more jabs. So regen time will be only one "-"

second: I think when I turn on buff and put off combat gear, time regen of lost fusion still is upgraded cause buff on level 4. not like buff on level 1.

I mean. When I turn buff on level 1, it gives for exmpl 30%+ regen time. When I turn buff on level 4, it gives more. When I put Combat Art gear off from me, buff level is 1, but all atrubutes are gained cause of buff on level 4 - also regen time =/

Yes, but to get more waves, I think I should eat runes to get more jabs. So regen time will be only one "-"

second: I think when I turn on buff and put off combat gear, time regen of lost fusion still is upgraded cause buff on level 4. not like buff on level 1.

I mean. When I turn buff on level 1, it gives for exmpl 30%+ regen time. When I turn buff on level 4, it gives more. When I put Combat Art gear off from me, buff level is 1, but all atrubutes are gained cause of buff on level 4 - also regen time =/

Ok one last time. I tried to look on regen time with buffs on level 1 without trick. jolting touch: 5.6s, DS 2.8.

The same but after doing trick: jolting touch 5.6 and DS 2.9. Maybe it works but still not sure =/ Maybe I'm noob xP

Looks like things are working as they should. You have higher regen times on DS because when you use the "technique" you are casting a level 4 buff and are benefiting from a full level 4 buff but with less of a regen penalty than you would have if you had the runes memorized instead

I think you know more than you think that you do. You know how to test your ideas as well which is great. You will notice effects at higher levels much more than now because the bonuses that you can get on your gear will be much higher.

I think too =) Well... anyway I'm holding on very well, jolting touch kills fast stronger mobs, and DS works even good on higher level but still not killing in one hit =p but later I will eat little lunch with DS runes =D

How many ppl you are helping per month aproximetly?

How many ppl you are helping per month aproximetly?

I just chime in when I think I can help. And I try not to wrong about stuff (but you can find my mistakes around here somewhere).... :)

Really? That thing isn't I want to do =) You helped mi a lot and I don't want to remind you =D There are a lot of my language and logical and stylistic mistakes in my posts =D On what world you are playing? I'm on ee.(...) And you?