What are all the Types of Combat Arts in Sacred 2?

Hey guys!

I was wondering if someone could help me out with a list here? I'd like to set up a new page in the wiki for this, as I know a lot of players when they get a new game find Area of Effect to be a huge draw. I'm thinking if they can be listed, with links this could be useful as well as with info and pix regarding the effects.

Cheers!

:0

gogo

Great idea. This should be seperated perhaps into Combat Arts that are innately Area of Effect and those that can become Area of Effect with mods.

Consider also a seperate list of Combat Arts that can do multiple hits on one enemy or multiple enemies with/without mods, though they are not "true" Area of Effect.

Range and duration of each Combat Art should also be included as well as mods that increase Area of Effect if applicable.

Example:

Area of Effect without modification:

Blazing Tempest

Glacial Thorns

Raging nimbus

Area of Effect after Modification (list the associated mod):

Assaulting sommersault

Archangel's wrath

Fireball

Multiple hits possible on multiple different enemies:

Pelting strikes type attacks

Viperish disease

Multiple hits possible on the same enemy only:

Twisted torment

Frost flare

Edited by ka243

Temple Guardian:

Deathly Spears

Furious Emblazer

Propelled Levitation

Firey Ember

Icy Evanesence

Charged Grid

Untouchable Force

Archimedes Beam (kinda)

Seraphim:

Radiant Pillar

Cleansing Brilliance

Flaring Nova

Archangel's Wrath (with the Explosive mod)

Assailing Somersault (with Impetus mod)

Shadow Warrior:

Scything Sweep

Killing Spree

Dryad:

Ravaged Impact (with Blast mod)

Forest Flight (roots)

Dust Devil

Edaphic Lances

Tangled Vine (with Encroach mod)

High Elf:

Blazing Tempest

Incendiary Shower

Incandescent Skin

Frost Flair (with Icy Circle mod)

Raging Nimbus

Magic Coup (with Stray Damage mod)

Shadow Step (with Explosion mod)

Expulse Magic (various effects)

Inquisitor:

Ruthless Mutilation

Levin Array

Clustering Maelstrom

Raving Thrust (rebound damage & Area of Effect with Relay mod)

Paralyzing Dread (various effects)

Dislodged Spirit (with Wildfire mod)

Eruptive Desecration

You might want to check the Shadow Warrior though, I don't play him much.

Edit: Ka, multiple hits on 1 target (eg, Darting Assault, Pelting Strikes, Frenzied Rampage, Baneful Smite, Cobalt Strike) aren't Area of Effect (in that they hit everything within their radius).

Ooops, forgot the DM:

Gust of Wind

Dragon Strike

Destroyers (each destroyer can hit multiple targets in a very small Area of Effect)

Energy Blaze

Tornado

Magic Barrier (doesn't do damage though)

Maelstrom (various debuff effects on monsters)

Runes of Protection (Area of Effect stun)

Mind Strike (with Expansion mod)

Dragon Form fire-breath attack

lol, you guys are fast!

I was thinking of Darting Assault as an Area of Effect though :whistle:

Now this has got me to thinking... I guess I'm looking for a grouping that means multi hit instead? Against multiple opponents?

If this is the case, then Area of Effect Combat Art's would be a sub set of multi hit?

:viking:

gogo

I was thinking of Darting Assault as an Area of Effect though :whistle:

Nope, it's a multi-hit.

If this is the case, then Area of Effect Combat Art's would be a sub set of multi hit?

I'd make multi-hit a subset of Area of Effect, since Area of Effect's do things that multi-hit's can't (that being hitting anything/everything in the area), multi-hit's are limited in that respect..

Okay, did some work with Brad on this, and we've put in new groupings for Combat Art's into the Combat Arts page:

Combat Art Types

Open for anyone who wants to help out with info! There's a starter definition for Area of Effect if you guys think that's okay or want to edit. The other three are still needing definitions and examples.

I think the new healing area is going to be interesting. We can talk about how healing is done in the game, via pots and the Combat Art's that each class gets to effect it's survival in this way.

:whistle:

gogo

Area of effect or Area of Effect in Sacred 2 refers to combat arts that exhibit the following two characteristics:

* Capable of damaging any number of enemies that are within it's range.

* Occurs over a period of time and is not a single instance of damage like a melee or ranged hit.

Area of Effect combat arts may sometimes be modified by combat art modification choices.

I disagree. That explaination would mean that Energy Burn (DM Area of Effect) & Deathly Spears aren't AoEs 'cause they're a single damage pulse over the area, not continuous damage over a period of time as well. I would say that Area of Effect Combat Art's are "Capable of effecting any number of enemies (or allies) that are whithin it's range", since there are some AoEs that don't do damage (Maelstrom, Paralyzing Dread) & some that effect allies as well (Charged Grid heals allies).

I like how you put it, it's a definition that starts from further back and is more inclusive, allows further definition further into the wiki

Thanks Llama

Also saw your edits for the Multi Hit :thumbsup:

:)

gogo

p.s. Llama if you have a second today, can you add in a base description for these two here?

Chance to disregard armor

Chance for

critical hits

I can cross ref all the items after :)

Done, though I'd appreciate it if someone could add in how much more damage a crit does (it's a % rather than the 2-4 times base damage that S1 used for crit's isn't it?) & what colour the effect is (red star-shaped pulse?).

I haven't had a lot of time to do wiki editing lately, but I think these Combat Arts should be listed all on one single page (for easier comparison) with one table per character class rather than having a seperate page for each type.

Columns in the table I think would be helpful include:

- Combat Art Name,

- Type of Combat Art (Area of Effect, Multi-hit, DOT),

- requiures weapon(?)

- initial damage,

- range,

- damage type

- duration.

llama - I can get that pic, and yeah crit is different from what it was in Sacred... Sacred was an easy calculation

1.5x

2x

2.5x

of base...but I still haven't seen how exactly how it's doing it here, cept when I see much larger numbers and the red star image. Maybe I'll open a thread on crit and some peeps will have some feedback.

I'm also curious about how the crit via item modifier reconciles with crit mods from Combat Art modification choices.

Does it stack?

Does all the crit show in one calculation from item modifiers and Combat Art mods?

Does sigma show both, and/or what "crit" is sigma showing exactly?

Ka- I had been wanting to do a table for awhile, hopefully if we get enough info on the groupings of Combat Art's now, we'll be able to consolidate the info. We can look at running all this info off of one page, but it may get too large, especially with all the data we want to put in, from all the different Combat Art's per group. We can see how it spreads out over these pages, and if it's not too much, we can bring it all into one page so a comparison can be made easier.

I've got all the links in their own area in the Combat Arts areas of the wiki here so far under Combat Types:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Combat_Arts

:thumbsup:

gogo

What about for a combat art type should be 'single hard hit': demonic blow, soul hammer, ravaged impact, callous execution, dedicated blow, maybe: fireball, archangel wrath, magic coup....You could say single hard melee hit and leave off the last ones.

Yes it will Gogo, because it's a buff. In fact any Combat Art's with a duration that affect you (eg, Acute Mind, Dashing Alacrity, Combat Alert, etc) will show their bonuses that affect you on the sigma tooltip. However, effects that effect monsters (eg, Untouchable Force's chance to stun & Runes of Protection's chance to stun) won't be shown on the sigma tooltip (Familiar's +Chance to burn mod does show up).

Combat Art's that target monsters (most of them) won't show up on your tooltip unless they have an effect that has a positive effect on you & a duration, Jolting Touch's Payback & Shelter mods are an example of this, as is Archimedes Beam's Shelter mod.

Edit: Not sure about the Dryad's Voodoo non-buff Combat Arts that are modded to increase your chance to drop heads, whether the +% chance to drop a shrunken head shows up on the sigma tooltip or not.

Edit #2: Yeah, there should probably be a category for single hit Combat Arts (which is going to be most of them).

Thanks Llama that makes sense. I'm almost finished with a few pages of the Item Modifiers, and I'll start listing in Combat Art's per Combat Art Type that we've mentioned in this thread. Claudius, that's a good idea for that type of Combat Art. Anyone have a good idea for the name for it?

Hard Hit?

Single Hit?

The former has some history ^^

:)

gogo

Some stuff which is not clear for me at the moment:

Polearms with chance to hit more enemies, are they able to change a hit into a multiple hit or into Area of Effect?

Charge, yes I know most people never tried horse-Combat Art's, is kinda a small aura in front of the horse which damages a monster, but it seems only once at a charge. Very strange Combat Art.

And for Gogo's big damage hits: In the demigod thread, while discussion how armour affects damage, or in the double-d-girls thread, the theory that hitting an enemy with no armour greatly boosts the damage is done.

The theory of big damage hits (CAUTION MATHS):

If you try out different values of armour always against the same damage you will find an armour value at which the damage you get is same as the damage that is shown for your enemy in the last kill window. I call this armour value FPA for fixed point armour. My theory is that the damage reduction from armour is with this formula:

(x-1)/(x-b), with x = your armour/FPA and b and FPA depending on damage, difficulty, monsterlevel and your level. Predicted damage by this formula is very close to the damage actually seen.

If you do a test to get some values, you will get b if you are hit naked, because then x = 0. Wearing some armour for next test you will get the value of FPA.

Now for the big damage:

if you hit something which no armour x is obviously 0. A typical b in gold is like 2, in niob like .5. So in gold hitting an enemy with no armour would be (0-1)/(0-2) = .5. This is a positive value so your damage hitting an unprotected enemy would be raised by 50%.

In Niob: (0-1)(0-.5) =2 so your damage would be raised by 200%= tripled.

Since I am not able to play while one of my kids is at hospital I am mainly doing some maths in the waiting room. But I am quite sure on this (x-1)/(x-b) thing. The criticals probably come first, resulting in a high needed FPA. So the x in the formula is close to zero. Then this critical damage is boosted again by the armour damage reduction.

I still need volunteers doing spome tests about this for me :Just_Cuz_21:

Mainly: is armour piercing same as having 0 armour in the formula. This would make armour piercing very interesting.

Some stuff which is not clear for me at the moment:

Polearms with chance to hit more enemies, are they able to change a hit into a multiple hit or into Area of Effect?

Charge, yes I know most people never tried horse-Combat Art's, is kinda a small aura in front of the horse which damages a monster, but it seems only once at a charge. Very strange Combat Art.

And for Gogo's big damage hits: In the demigod thread, while discussion how armour affects damage, or in the double-d-girls thread, the theory that hitting an enemy with no armour greatly boosts the damage is done.

The theory of big damage hits (CAUTION MATHS):

If you try out different values of armour always against the same damage you will find an armour value at which the damage you get is same as the damage that is shown for your enemy in the last kill window. I call this armour value FPA for fixed point armour. My theory is that the damage reduction from armour is with this formula:

(x-1)/(x-b), with x = your armour/FPA and b and FPA depending on damage, difficulty, monsterlevel and your level. Predicted damage by this formula is very close to the damage actually seen.

If you do a test to get some values, you will get b if you are hit naked, because then x = 0. Wearing some armour for next test you will get the value of FPA.

Now for the big damage:

if you hit something which no armour x is obviously 0. A typical b in gold is like 2, in niob like .5. So in gold hitting an enemy with no armour would be (0-1)/(0-2) = .5. This is a positive value so your damage hitting an unprotected enemy would be raised by 50%.

In Niob: (0-1)(0-.5) =2 so your damage would be raised by 200%= tripled.

Since I am not able to play while one of my kids is at hospital I am mainly doing some maths in the waiting room. But I am quite sure on this (x-1)/(x-b) thing. The criticals probably come first, resulting in a high needed FPA. So the x in the formula is close to zero. Then this critical damage is boosted again by the armour damage reduction.

I still need volunteers doing spome tests about this for me :Just_Cuz_21:

Mainly: is armour piercing same as having 0 armour in the formula. This would make armour piercing very interesting.

Without having done any extensive testing into the chance to disregard armour mod, I was recently playing a dual wield dryad who I was focusing on that mod. The times when the mod would seem to activate would result in at least as much damage as was suggested in the character window I.e. equal to and greater than the suggested max damage shown ingame. How much more I cant remember but it definitely seemed to me that this was hitting as if there was no armour present every time it activated. Definitely an interesting proposition. Unfortunately that dryad died and I got a little sick of playing them so ive been playing other characters recently and havent got anything to test/give proof of what im saying...

Still, its definitely an worthwile mod to have on your gear. :)

• 4 months later...

Cool! Just a question: Combat Arts in posts 2 and 3 are only Area of Effect, isn't it? So what about adding pics? It's gonna be a great ammount of words, nearly illegible, maybe some images will help :D