Regeneration per Hit - New Ice and Blood Builds

I love the info here. Also that rph will only affect a portion of a Combat Art...the portion that is regen not the cooldown.

I know Acute Mind has one, which would explain why a portion of it`s time goes away when I hit...but the other part takes it`s time ...the cool down part.

Anyone know off hand which or all of the Combat Art`s that have `real` cooldowns in them ? This is going to be useful info.

Woody regarding staves and magic...NICE ...lol, this is a pardigm buster... maybe we`ll see some really cool ideas coming out of a magic user using a stave`s ranged to power his magical arsenal in Sacred 2...

Awesome Sauce

:P

gogo

The shooting of a mage staff is only for normal attacks not for combat arts like magic coup.

The bullets/shots take some time and its really tricky to recharge with shots on a moving target. Well I have to admit that I had an eye surgery because of an accident at my navy time and that I prefer close combat for my RpH builds because of this.

The character my oldest daughter played to get her grahpic card was an elf without concentration or regeneration buff in late game. I did some nasty rules like all 15 combat arts had to be fully modified, no concentration, hardcore into niob in 4 player games... She did a magic coup build with mana steal and RpH and traditional regeneration system.

RpH brings dozens of new ideas to sacred. I really like it. Śadly I had no time to test yet if it works with horse Combat Art's.

RpH brings dozens of new ideas to sacred. I really like it. Śadly I had no time to test yet if it works with horse Combat Art's.

Haven't tested either but I think it won't work. tell us what you find

Another thing to concider is that Combat Art casting/attack speed is reduced if the Combat Art level is above the Focus level cap. It's unlikely to be an issue early on (due to not having much Regen per Hit) or late game (as you'll likely have enough attack speed to counter it, or the difference won't make much of a difference), but might be in the mid game if you have enough RpH to allow you to use massive Combat Art levels & don't keep your Focus level high enough. 'Course, it may not be an issue if the reduction in Combat Art casting/attack speed isn't much...

Well that kicks in the question which of the 2 is valid:

1. Is casting speed first adding all boosts, then caps at 150% and then does the Malus because of too high level
  2. Is casting speed adding all boosts and the malus and then does the cap

Possible solutions:

• My dragon mage sohei has the companion modified for higher casting speed.
  • Staves with casting speed are very common and for some builds you only want the Reg per Hit, not necessarly the weapon damage.
  • If you go for really high buffs and keep the Combat Art's low, which effect on casing speed will this have? -Example dragon mage who can boost intelligence=damage with a buff.

Edited by chattius

Was accidently. When I am tired I forget to set the hook at stay logged in and dependant on browser/forum sometimes it remembers the text I typed and and sometimes not. So sometimes cut and paste result in two times the same text. GRMBL

Not much sleep at night. We were called out at 1am at volunteer firefighters when a car was hit by a branch of a tree at the storm we had.

And now it is 5pm short before leaving payed work to do washing and ironing at home as long my wife has her arm in a cast.

EDIT: I checked and it was a single post. If this is a double post again ... I will flame it to Klabautermänner, Kobolde, Wichtelmännchen.....

EDIT2: I had a question about shadow warrior: spectral hand used to recharge combat arts with rph. I was thinking if spectral hands counts as a weapon attack for rph and life leech if it would count as a weapon attack for this Killing Spree thing. So the Shadow warrior could stay invisible, doing single target damage with spectral hand and area damage with Killing Spree.

Edited by chattius

After getting some better gear (noteably a blowpipe, thanks Woody), all I can say is wow. Regen per Hit really needs some diminishing returns. It wouldn't be as "bad"/overpowered if it weren't for the insta-hit properties of the blowpipe, it was effective with a bow, but you had to get closer (to reduce the arrow travel time) to the monsters which makes it nominally more dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

My very own history with RpH

Pre-AddON - confusing RpH

I just re-read my first posts in the german forum and I had already great ideas for RpH. But sadly it had no effect on magic coup. So me or someone else started a topic about RpH after each patch. Some Combat Art's worked in some patches, some not, then sometimes only effect at low levels and not on high levels even the RpH was at 5 seconds. It was all confusion and nothing really useful. So I played without RpH for 9 months. I did each character class a year ago to level 25 and then decided to play melee elves. I designed several characters for my kids

The AddON, a new class and more

When the AddOn came out I tested the dragon mage: He has not a single weapon based combat art. So I tried a horse (yes horse, not special mount) build to test if horse combat arts might be fixed (they were not). I unlocked riding with alchemy, added all three magic foci for the buffs and elementalism lore. With riding mastery I could stay away and send out waves of destroyers, playing was almost to easy, given that alchemy boosted life leeching shurikens while cooldown of destroyers can do an awfully high unresisted damage versus bosses.

But I noticed that with demon teeth and alchemy I could do 4.5 seconds (RpH) for a minute. So I tested RpH in the dragon forms with the same character (you get a totally new body, only dependant on your level and runes in the form) and I found it was not brought to the forms. But then I pressed my T-key because I was frustrated that I wasn't hitting. I had T always for trollteeth (+attack value and T for trollteeth or T for TREFFEN (german for to hit)) and I saw my attack value climbing a bit. Even the dragon berzerker had no alchemy skill: the trophies were unlocked at a level 1 alchemy. So I was playing with the other trophies and considered demon tooth a bit useful for 20 seconds quick combat. It was a very nice first dragon mage when nobody had a guide and there is a thread about this character in the german forum. The character was reconsidered over and over again while being playing but never restarted. Noone had experiences yet and I thought that this character was like a small swiss army knife, possible to do tests with most of the stuff a dragon mage can do. He reached Niob around level 100. But somehow it was not my playstyle. Using destroyers to fight at the corners of the visible screen was nothing for me. I wanted a close combat dragon mage.

First serious Testing

The Sohei

And then my real testing with RpH began: I was puzzled that noone in the console forum was using it even it worked there all the time. But most of them read the PC guides (for which it was nearly useless pre AddON) and most didn't try much own testing on consoles. So I decided to do my own RpH-Character. As a proof of concept I decided to do a challenging character: A dragon mage fighter who would use weapon hits to recharge his mentalism spells. I modified mind strike for Area of Effect damage since I would be mid in groups for recharging and I could do mind strike real high. It played surprisingly good.

A RpH-dragon mage Shopper

When my 12 year old daughter asked for a character similiar to her shield maiden (which shines with RpH, even designed pre AddOn) but with bargaining. I did some tests and found that a weapon skill for hitting would not be really needed - given the right equipment (a shopper should get it). So a bargaining variation of my Sohei was created. (same Thread as the Sohei)

She had to restart when she started playing at a youth club, she was playing a archangel's wrath seraphim.

Why no weapon combat Characters with RpH?

So the AddOn designed characters share a very similiar playstyle- at least for my 12 year old and me:

• melee elves: magic coup and stray damage with RpH
  • seraphim: melee range archangel's wrath with dual shots, explosions and criticals
  • dragon mage: mindstrike (modified for Area of Effect) and normal attacks with RpH at very high buffs and Combat Art's to recharge

All builds don't need tactic lore or a weapon lore (most useful for dragon mage, CtH sockets take a lot of room). So a semi-defensive spell like snow storm (slow) for elf, dragon strike (reduce enemy attack) for sohei, or shock waves (stun) for seraphim can be brought in a combination and recharged with the weapon based combat art. If you do not play much you try to have a similiar playstyle for all characters, same key bindings for similiar spells and such. So all my seraphim, dragon mage, dryad , shadow warrior ideas were kinda variations of my melee elf style: Close melee with protection mainly done by spells.

Tipps:

Regeneration system: I prefer the classical regeneration system for RpH builds. So you can have an emergency Combat Art from another aspect if your recharging hit fails.

Cast speed: I did modify my dragon mage Sohei's companion for faster cast speed. I did it because I had no dragon magic lore. It proofed to be the right choose: Combat Arts above malus reduce execution speed.

Planed characters:

I have not much time playing, so I am currently helping my 14 year old daughter to design a character for a PvP tournament in the winter breaks at a local youth club. The weird runes demand her to play a Netherworld Inquisitor. Leveling will be done with a RpH supported necromancer play style.

Edited by chattius