Not Acceptable, Error 406

Propogation, some agation, target of castration... who cares agation....

argh....

blech

meh

*Thwack*

sorry, that`s just me early morning getting it all out. Me and Schot`s IP was locked out of getting to the sites yesterday... very frustrating, not fun, and a bit frightening...

Anyone else?

We are being told by our hoster that it was a lock out issue becuase of too many wrong log ins...

That this is coming because of the new server change...

erk

:crazy:

gogo

yah, that`s why we weren`t able to get on...at least from resisdence. At work, I was able to access the sites, but when getting home we were locked out until the hoster did some work on the mod sec which is security for the servers.

:crazy:

gogo

I don't know where to post this, but I'm trying to start a new thread and I can't seem to do it as it gives me a error all the time.

Here's the error I get: "Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Any idea how to solve it?

Heh, I just noticed that this error is why this thread was started to begin with :crazy:

Edited by Spunky

Hey guys I'm looking into this. At the moment I'm assuming this is a result of the recent server move our host initiated. I wasn't able to even reach the forum for over a day and only resolved the problem by deleting my browser cookies. Deleting cookies let me get back on the forum but I'm still having trouble trying to edit the wiki...

As soon as I can figure out what is going on I'll post it!

P.s.

Title changed

Ok, after a bit of research it looks as though the new server we're on has an extremely aggressive firewall. After some googling I found a similar case to ours in that a single specific word was causing the problem. By chance I decided to send a support ticket to our host asking the specific word was being blocked. I pushed submit and then had a good laugh. His site, our host, rejected my post, lol. So I decided to send him a different post that included a very simple paragraph explaining that I was sending a test support ticket. It passed through fine. I then pasted my previously written support ticket, (Thank god I pasted it to notepad!), into his site again and submitted it. Again it was rejected. Oh brother...

So now I'm just trying to figure out a way to send the support ticket that includes the blocked word. I'll let you all know when more is learned.

And no I am not telling what the word is. :crazy:

P.s.

Ok. Finally got our host's support ticket system to work. I tried brackets around the word. No go. Tried the word in quotes and still wouldn't send it. Finally after putting on a big sombrero, hopping on one foot while singing Mr. Sunshine and spinning round in circles my ticket was accepted. Thank you oh mighty support ticket god. Thank you... Oh yes and putting periods in between each letter of the blocked word helped too. *goes crazy*

Ah gial. I should have gone with the faithful underscores. Where have you been?! :)

Ok... So is it ok for me to get mad now? I've been checking all kinds of stuff and all day I kept going back the wiki page, Map Revealed. Simply because it's a very simple page. Mind you that doesn't work anymore, haha. As has been lately if you edit that page and then try to Preview, Compare or even Save the page you'll end up on a very white page that reads... "Suckah!" and then it will procede to laugh at you. Ok ok, so that's not what will really happen but it sure feels that way. Ugh... Anyway, you'll get an error page. However! IF you remove the percent symbol, (which I can no longer type even on the forum here, Gah!), from the wiki page Map Revealed and theeeeeen push the preview button... Voila. Everything seems to be ok again. Aaall because of a simple little percent symbol which is... (Ok at this point I'm ready to ramble on into a fit I'll probably regret so I'll stop right here).

So go ahead and try it guys. No really. Please! lol. I'd like to be sure that I'm going nuts for a reason and not just because of my own system. ^^ In the meantime I'm going to go focus my frustrations into a tight little beam that will travel across the world and burn a hole through our hoster's head. Yep.

It took some time for me to figure out that the percent symbol was causing these errors, but finally I was able to narrow it down after a gazillion of tries :)

Thanx Spunky. It's good to know I suffer with others. :) Hopefully I can find a solution to this from our end rather than waiting for a response from our host. Been over 6 hours and still no word from him.

Until then don't anyone type a percent symbol. :)

Ok. Host provider fixed his settings. We may all enjoy our percent symbols again at 100%! :)

Editing wiki pages, PMs and posting should be back to normal.

Cheers all. Glad we're back to "normalcy". :) Oh and considered yourself blessed Dragon Brother. I know I would, lol.

We should be ok Spunky. gogo tried every key on his keyboard in our mod forum and nothing blew up. Though for the record I did say "should" in this post. Eh heh, *cough cough*.

As it turns out we learned that our host had turned on a server side function well known as mod_security. It's renowned for being overly aggressive in terms of security and well... I don't think I need to elaborate on what "overly aggressive" means. "No you may not type %'s!" says mod_security...

So then! Back to our regularly scheduled program. Let the madness ensue.

Shoopin___Madness_by_Soulnova.gif