Chance that opponents cannot evade attack

I was surprised that there was no wiki entry for this mod:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...t_evade_attacks

The synergy between this mod and Life leech % is insane, particularly with dealing with high level niob bosses with millions of hitpoints. Through my testing, it doesn't seem to matter how horrible your attack rating is; with high enough values for both mods, you can do 30000+ damage (on a non-critical) 1/3rd of the time. That's just with a weapon and shield slot, no socketing for damage or chance to hit on armor.

Edited by jimhsu

The damage is gonna be the same regardless of your chance to hit. Life leech as a percentage actually leeches that pecentage of the monsters max health. So more health, more leech. Of course you need to be able to hit it with a weapon based attack to leech life which is where this mod and others are useful.

Yes, my point exactly. For a character with low attack, neither mod is useful without the other. But with both...

And I did test "Opponent's chance to evade". Against bosses at least, this mod seems to work better.

Well, they are both useful without each other, but yes they do work together well. You always want to be able to hit stuff if you're a melee/ranged character, therefore opponents chance to evade and chance for opponent to evade attacks are always useful. As to lifeleech, thats nifty in any situation :)

Edit: And after reading what you put on the wiki, not to criticise or anything but the following:

For example, a ring giving a 10% Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks will approximately increase the chance to hit from 10 to 20%, or 60 to 70%, et cetera.

Doesnt actually hold true, I can remove an item with 6.6% chance that opponents cannot evade attacks and go from 86% hit chance to 73% chance to hit against one creature and from 125% to 114% against another. I think you may want to come up with someway of restating what youve written without the numbers as they only hold true in your specific situation...gear, skills, creature stats and so on...a very unique situation. They overall effect will vary for everyone so a sweeping statement like that isnt quite true.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Ah that page was in desparate need of some attention. Good stuff Jimhsu. :agreed:

Dragon's point is a good one and stating that 10% Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks will equal a set % would be misleading to a reader. Better to say something to the affect of:

"Although it is uncertain as to exactly how much 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks' will improve a 'Player - Chance to hit' it has been seen by several player's that 10% 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks' will improve a 'Player - Chance to hit' by 8-27% depending on equipment and opponent type.

Still not an exact science so to speak but it's something. I put 8-27% because I just went in game and tested the modifier. Against a Spider I tested using a ring with exactly 10% 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks'. The lowest increase I saw was 8% and the highest increase, which was against a Werewolf, was 27%.

During my quick testing I was adjusting my stats mostly by varying amounts of 'Opponent's chance to evade'. 'Opponent's chance to evade' seems to have an effect on 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks'. What I saw was that the higher my 'Opponent's chance to evade' was the better the benefits were from 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks'. I assume that 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks' will also be affected by other stats such as base Attack Rate and of course an enemies stats.

P.s.

Not sure about Life Leech being in another modifier's page but could be useful to add usage strategies to each modifier page to help readers... I think it would make more sense to add info about 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks' on the Life Leech page. Life Leech does need 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks' or Opponents chance to evade in order to function well but 'Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks' does not need Life Leech to function at all.

I wonder if there is different effect on enemies with high evasion:

If an enemy has no evasion than the negative evasion from 10% enemy can't evade makes him an easy target because of the hit formula. But if it would have say 90% evasion, isn't then 10% enemy can't evade just reducing this 90 % evade to 80% evade but the defense value stuff is untouched and the hit formula hasn't the nice bonus from negative evasion?

I don't know how it works on PC but on console I can have literally single digit chance to hit something and yet with a little less than -40% opponents chance to evade I never miss.

Quite overpowered stat imo.

There is actually two stats here :

Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks

Opponent's chance to evade

The former actually is always a lower base percentage offered than the latter at comparable levels when shopping for these mods.

We know that these mods are superb regarding CTH against opponents, usually always beating out any other CTH modifier that has Attack Percentage or flat Attack values:

Chance to Hit Calculator: Takes all the guesswork out

...but what would really help, perhaps after looking at all the discovery and discussion that has happened regarding these mods is is a great definition for both that would:

-Define

-Distinguish how they are different from each other

-Perhaps see how they relate to one another, whereby as a modder, multiplier, etc ...reconcile the two?

:D

gogo

p.s. I have done some formatting on the page that was added to wiki for this, and moved it's synergy with leech as a note, while we look at how to define these two very interesting and thoroughly useful mods...specially for Dryads! :)

• 3 months later...
There is actually two stats here :

Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks

Opponent's chance to evade

The former actually is always a lower base percentage offered than the latter at comparable levels when shopping for these mods.

We know that these mods are superb regarding CTH against opponents, usually always beating out any other CTH modifier that has Attack Percentage or flat Attack values:

Chance to Hit Calculator: Takes all the guesswork out

...but what would really help, perhaps after looking at all the discovery and discussion that has happened regarding these mods is is a great definition for both that would:

-Define

-Distinguish how they are different from each other

-Perhaps see how they relate to one another, whereby as a modder, multiplier, etc ...reconcile the two?

:(

gogo

p.s. I have done some formatting on the page that was added to wiki for this, and moved it's synergy with leech as a note, while we look at how to define these two very interesting and thoroughly useful mods...specially for Dryads! :woot:

Just to ease minds... I am working on this... but first I may have to re-format my PS3. Also, lost a 3/4 page filled with OCE CtH numbers :cry: Totally my fault for not putting it someplace safe...

Needless to say, on a point-for-point basis, COCE is more effective than OCE. BUT, more slots are needed to get COCE at same % as OCE........

Also, I have Survival Bonus opponent level modifiers figured out for Platinum. Starting completely over will give good verification on Silver.

See y'all Monday!

One other stat that I am sure helps this is Direct Damage, but since its still a mystery, I can't prove anything.

COCE is obviously more powerful since it is always given with lower values.

One other stat that I am sure helps this is Direct Damage, but since its still a mystery, I can't prove anything.

Strangely enough, COCE shows way less effect on the chance to hit enemy in the last 10 enemies panel.

Yes it does, but when you have gotten so much OCTE that all the enemies evade chance is vanished the COCE starts to show it's real power, with my Shadow Warrior I have -60% OCTE and when I equipped my axe with -59% OCTE my hit chance against one of the Nameless Guardians was 88%, but when I swapped to my axe with 17% COCE the hit chance raised to 118%.

Strangely enough, COCE shows way less effect on the chance to hit enemy in the last 10 enemies panel.

Are you comparing equal amounts of COCE and OCE? (ie 10% of each).

I am also noticing difficulty levels have differences... probably because enemy evasion is higher. Just a theory for now...