Hello and Goodbye

Hello I picked up sacred 2 for the 360 and was hooked immediately. A level 141 Shadow Warrior and a level 169 dryad. I was playing \online when the game lagged out. I wasnt even doing a vd run. I was able to save but when I went to play again FREEEEZZEEE. Save doesnt show corrupt on my memory card bot it does show highest level as 1. So I guess im done with this game. It was in my top 5 easy. But now ill never buy ascaron or the cdv company brands again. 200+ hours just gone. I cant tell you how much it sucks.

I've lost sooooooooooo much to this game too, mate. Maybe after a bit, you'll come back and give it a try again. I usually stay sore for a few days, and only then does my heart get into it.

Cheers and good luck

And, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

I'm actually glad that they implemented character export in Closed Net Hardcore mode (for computer that is) that way if we worked for 200+ hours we can at least save a copy of the char on our hard drive in case we die.

Pitty the consoles have some problems with implementing save games & also the red ring problem from xbox 360 scares me! I'll stick with PC for now ^^

I hope you take a little break & then just try it again, you can always try a different class and HOPE it doesn't lose your save game :S

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Is there no way to take backups of the chars on consoles?

You sure can. You have a copy on the xbox (or PS3 harddrive). You can have an additional copy if you use a removable storage device. Not many people get the removable storage device unless you like to play couch coop on different consoles.

Seems like a must have for people that are afraid of loosing characters and savegames then.

Another option is to have two hard drives.

I picked up a memory module for my xbox after learning the hard way. now I make regular backup of games I play. sucks that MS charges $50 for a 512Mb module.

No FECAL MATTER! right? I think PS3 is way better than the 360 because of the free Playstation network, Blu-Ray DVD player, and the free updates. Nothing better than free right? However you did pay $300-400 for the system shouldn't have more of these ridiculous fees just to play online...

Hi and welcome

There is nothing worse than losing a character that you have literally invested 100's of hours into to a bug. I have invented new swear words (copyrights pending) when it has happened to me. A few times I was sure I would never play again - went so far as un-installing it from my pc.

Sorry you lost your toons but I hope it isn't really good-bye. One of the keys to a successful game (especially for on-line play) is the community. You won't find a better place to hang out than here. Take a couple days off, kick a few things and maybe invent some new bad words and then come hang out with us :thumbsup:

Is there no way to take backups of the chars on consoles?

You sure can. You have a copy on the xbox (or PS3 harddrive). You can have an additional copy if you use a removable storage device. Not many people get the removable storage device unless you like to play couch coop on different consoles.

Thats a negative. The save game is tied to my profile so it has to be logged in to play. Also other profiles or guests cant use it. The save cannot be copied only moved from hd to memory card or vice versa. The only option I truly have is to download gamesaves which microsoft considers a violation of live policy. Download somones character but live becomes dangerous to play on. It would have never been as good as mine anyway. I dont know, I think it would take the hand of god to get me to start again. Its not another character, I had a level 41 Shadow Warrior , a 141 Shadow Warrior, and a level 170 dryad. She was to be my bargaining beast, a goddes to give to my seraphim. But oh well. Games gotta go. I was surprised of the responses though, community almost made me feel good :) . If any 360 players would hop on and help me with some awesome hand me downs id start again. The traders were giving me all skills +24 I had rings with 2.0 sec per hit. Nevermind the 2 level 200 officer sabres. orc shocks. 3 star relics. so so much. :cry: . LAter

True my advice does not help you at this point because your save is corrupted. Thus is the nature of backups they do not help you if they are not made before you have the problem. Sorry for your loss and good luck making new characters or in whatever other game you choose to play.

I've got a full chest on Xbox for seraphim, dryad, Inquisitor some high elf and weapons( desert sabers, orc shocks, officer sabers, sandrifa's laws, buls-eye bows). from low level to 150. I'd be happy to let you have anything that would help you get back on your feet if your interested. just PM me and I'd meet up on live with you.