What enemies are One Hit Kills?

Heyas. I've been running through the bestiary lately, adding various details about each enemy, and have begun to develop my own sort of danger rating of enemies. Now I'm wondering if others might share my perspective. It's the one hit kills that I'm finding most tricky. In my own experience with both a High Elf and a Shadow Warrior I've noticed that certain enemies are consistently easy and others consistently difficult.

Can we tag certain enemies as One Hit Kills? The use in this knowledge would be for effective farming and grinding. So here's my list. Anyone disagree or can add to it?

One Hit Kill List:

The list is in exclusion to Champion versions of the below enemy types.

Fen Fire

Kerbos

Scarab

Seeker

Servant of the Harbinger

Chicken

Construct

Rabbit

Demonic Skull

Kobold

Weaving Spider

Blade Spider

Small Toxic Elemental

Mudsucker

Rat

How bout the constructs or whatever they are in the blood region or wherever. And those kamikaze green things in the forest near the start of the main chain there. And...are you after any sorta level/difficulty wise subjectiveness in this? Cos these things, at least for me flow back and forth with difficulties...ie it may take a few level in a new difficulty to start killing as effectively as in the previous one therefore less 1hit ko's, at least initially anyway.

And also pigs or boars (whatever they are called)?

With a huge BFG everything except bosses are one hit kills ;) except the fen fires in the great machine that you can't hit with a bfg for some reason . Sorry, had to do it :). Good topic though.

Edited by ka243

Ah! I completely forgot the Contructs Dragon. Definitely one hit kills. They are soooo much fun too. Love exploding large mobs of those dudes. Adding to the list!

Good question about level/difficulty. I'm basing this list for character's who are in or near their "prime" so to speak. Relative to difficulty. Scratch that... Actually I believe the enemies I've listed so far are all reliably one hit kills with only one provision. That you are playing in a difficulty that is geared towards your character level. For example this list is not useful for a level 60 character that plays in Platinum or Niobium, (Though it might me in fact...). "One Hit Kill" would be in a "best case scenario" as in; You're gear has been recently upgraded and you are using a damage type that the opponent is weak against.

lol ka. Weeeeeell... Maybe I should also add a note stipulating. NOOOOO BFG's! :)

P.s.

Not sure about the Boars/Pigs Dragon. Do you think they are a garaunteed one hit kill? I seem to recall that they have a large amount of health.

Kamikaze green things is the Seeker in my list.

Good question about level/difficulty. I'm basing this list for character's who are in or near their "prime" so to speak. Relative to difficulty. Scratch that... Actually I believe the enemies I've listed so far are all reliably one hit kills with only one provision. That you are playing in a difficulty that is geared towards your character level. For example this list is not useful for a level 60 character that plays in Platinum or Niobium, (Though it might me in fact...). "One Hit Kill" would be in a "best case scenario" as in; You're gear has been recently upgraded and you are using a damage type that the opponent is weak against.

P.s.

Not sure about the Boars/Pigs Dragon. Do you think they are a garaunteed one hit kill? I seem to recall that they have a large amount of health.

Well, that sounds like reasonable to me. Hmm...the boars...the last toon I played was a rev tech seraphim who was able to one hit them with archangels wrath. This was WITHOUT using bfg to increase the damage...however it was modded for two bolts, so is that really a one hit ko if one cast but 2 bolts kills the boar? Of course without that mod the bolts do more damage and the alternative mod increases damage too so thats a def one hit anyway.

So...is this one hit with Combat Art's or without is maybe what im asking...?

Edited by Dragon Brother

I have a bit of a problem with the definition of this... heh, sorry Schot :P Off hand when I think of one-hit kills...I think of something that will ALWAYS be a push over.

Fen fires, are nothing short of a push over for me...and if yer saying that they are one-hit kills only versus a certain single element, I`m not sure how much of a resonance this has for peeps that already have an `` understanding``or ``preconception` of what the word has come to mean in their heads.

ONe hit kills for me have always meant something easy to kill, that is nothing short of easy...and having to squeeze off ALWAYS two shots against fen fires ....

provisions, reaons, conditions, certgains types of...

all of that neutralizes the effect, understanding of a one hit kill to me

ohk`s have to be always, certain, and not need us to stand on one foot, click our heels three times and mutter, mumble an incantation

Just saying this is a very subjective topic... maybe more of a guide than wiki info regarding which types of a monsters a particular player thinks are one hit kills?

:paladin:

gogo

p.s.was thinking about this... ohk`s could perhaps be a relevant concept for some games...but perhaps not for Sacred franchise...where even concepts like DPS mean nothing becuase of the sandbox nature of the game?

Time for my 2 cents worth!. I appreciate a list of enemies I "should" be able to OHK. But here is the catch. with the understanding that these enemies are OHK's when you have a properly modded, leveled, elemented and otherwise perfect set-up is fine, but for all of us that fail the OHK test against ,a boar for example or a spitting spider, we are left with the original problem/question/challenge/frustrating as hell issue of what am I missing. Schot says I should be able to kill this thing in 1 shot. What am I doing wrong. Which leads us back to the beginning. How to build a properly leveled, modded, equipped, elemented and otherwise perfect toon.

So my question is, how do I use this list to create a better toon?

• 5 months later...

Wow, took me a long time to come back to this one. Yeesh, my terrible habit of jumping from thought to thought is beginning to pile up on me, lol.

Heyas. I've been running through the bestiary lately, adding various details about each enemy, and have begun to develop my own sort of danger rating of enemies. Now I'm wondering if others might share my perspective. It's the one hit kills that I'm finding most tricky. In my own experience with both a High Elf and a Shadow Warrior I've noticed that certain enemies are consistently easy and others consistently difficult.

Can we tag certain enemies as One Hit Kills? The use in this knowledge would be for effective farming and grinding. So here's my list. Anyone disagree or can add to it?

One Hit Kill List:

The list is in exclusion to Champion versions of the below enemy types.

Fen Fire

Kerbos

Scarab

Seeker

Servant of the Harbinger

Chicken

Construct

Rabbit

Demonic Skull

Kobold

Weaving Spider

Blade Spider

Small Toxic Elemental

Mudsucker

Rat

Good question about level/difficulty. I'm basing this list for character's who are in or near their "prime" so to speak. Relative to difficulty. Scratch that... Actually I believe the enemies I've listed so far are all reliably one hit kills with only one provision. That you are playing in a difficulty that is geared towards your character level. For example this list is not useful for a level 60 character that plays in Platinum or Niobium, (Though it might be in fact...). "One Hit Kill" would be in a "best case scenario" as in; You're gear has been recently upgraded and you are using a damage type that the opponent is weak against.

P.s.

Not sure about the Boars/Pigs Dragon. Do you think they are a guaranteed one hit kill? I seem to recall that they have a large amount of health.

Well, that sounds like reasonable to me. Hmm...the boars...the last toon I played was a rev tech seraphim who was able to one hit them with archangels wrath. This was WITHOUT using BeeEffGee to increase the damage...however it was modded for two bolts, so is that really a one hit ko if one cast but 2 bolts kills the boar? Of course without that mod the bolts do more damage and the alternative mod increases damage too so thats a def one hit anyway.

So...is this one hit with Combat Art's or without is maybe what im asking...?

Using whatever means at your disposal indeedy. So it could be a OHK from a left click or a right click. (Excluding Combos and God Spells.)

I have a bit of a problem with the definition of this... heh, sorry Schot :Just_Cuz_21: Off hand when I think of one-hit kills...I think of something that will ALWAYS be a push over.

Fen fires, are nothing short of a push over for me...and if yer saying that they are one-hit kills only versus a certain single element, I`m not sure how much of a resonance this has for peeps that already have an `` understanding``or ``preconception` of what the word has come to mean in their heads.

ONe hit kills for me have always meant something easy to kill, that is nothing short of easy...and having to squeeze off ALWAYS two shots against fen fires ....

provisions, reaons, conditions, certgains types of...

all of that neutralizes the effect, understanding of a one hit kill to me

ohk`s have to be always, certain, and not need us to stand on one foot, click our heels three times and mutter, mumble an incantation

Just saying this is a very subjective topic... maybe more of a guide than wiki info regarding which types of a monsters a particular player thinks are one hit kills?

:)

gogo

p.s.was thinking about this... ohk`s could perhaps be a relevant concept for some games...but perhaps not for Sacred franchise...where even concepts like DPS mean nothing becuase of the sandbox nature of the game?

Oh you had to pick Fen Fires... :( I get what you're saying gogo and I also remember that day you were struggling with those nasty things, haha. Although Fen Fires are OHK they can also dish out quite a beating. Nearly everyone build at some point in their career gets a reality slap from them, lol. I know I've taken several... But! The point here regarding OHK is that a build can dish out a OHK. The fact that some of those OHK enemies could feasibly do the same to you wasn't part and parcel to the concept but I could certainly include for the sake of Fen Fires. ^^ As for your trouble with pulling off a OHK it was because you were using Darting Assault. Not the "best" of your arsenal. Had you been using Ravaged Impact you would surely have OHK'ed them.

Time for my 2 cents worth!. I appreciate a list of enemies I "should" be able to OHK. But here is the catch. with the understanding that these enemies are OHK's when you have a properly modded, leveled, elemented and otherwise perfect set-up is fine, but for all of us that fail the OHK test against ,a boar for example or a spitting spider, we are left with the original problem/question/challenge/frustrating as hell issue of what am I missing. Schot says I should be able to kill this thing in 1 shot. What am I doing wrong. Which leads us back to the beginning. How to build a properly leveled, modded, equipped, elemented and otherwise perfect toon.

First point I'd add here is that I personally don't consider a boar part of the OHK list. In my experience boars are not reliably OHK's. So not a fair bases for general builds to test on.

It's a really good question you end off with loco and to be honest I hadn't really thought of it when I started creating the list. I just noticed a pattern and thought it might be something we could take advantage of. But now that you've planted the question in my mind here's a couple benefits the list could provide if I were to add more details to it:

Scarabs - Easy to kill and plentiful. A number of players have stated they get very nice drops from Scarabs. Since they are so easy to kill and there are many of them they may prove to be excellent for general loot farming.

Construct - Easy to Easy to kill and plentiful. The experience gained per kill is significantly good and considering the number of plentiful mobs provide an excellent enemy type for grinding. The normal Constructs can be easily OHK'ed and Champion versions can take up to 3 hits generally. They also inflict minimal damage. The area where these are, Field of Eternal Pain, found is also home to Demonic Skull which are the real threat within the area. They can inflict a lot of damage to the player with their ranged Magic damage attack so it is best to defend against them while grinding Constructs. Magic Relics are the best choice in this case. Also of note are the Healing Totems in the area. Healing Totems will heal nearby enemies if they are damaged by your attacks. Be mindful of these Healing Totems and try to gather mobs of Constructs and then draw your mob away from nearby Healing Totems. Or destroy the nearby Healing Totems first and then take out Construct Mobs. Once a player has done a few runs they will see how great Constructs can be for grinding.

Some other types of enemies from the list that people have enjoyed grinding on are: Small Toxic Elemental found just north and east of Thylysium and Weaving Spider around Lizurath.

Rats I can't imagine have any use or even Mudsuckers but... Who knows!

Wow, took me a long time to come back to this one. Yeesh, my terrible habit of jumping from thought to thought is beginning to pile up on me, lol.

Lol, I must of been having a really bad day! I was a little crabby there. phew!

Fen Fires are not one hit kills for my kungfu dryad. She is doing an armour piering physical attack and somehow fen fires are not impressed by armour piercing it seems. Do they have physical damage mitigation?