Recently, I have discovered a tons of Ants crawling around my floor....

The thing is that you do not know how clean my room is. It is very clean. My co-worker who has never seen my room, but seen how tidy and clean my office space is nearly diagnosed me of OCD (obsessive compulsice disorder); not a bad thing, since apparently David Beckam has that too!!

WEll anyways, ants are everywhere. Just a few weeks ago, at the start of summer, I am honored with the precence of a huge queen ant who was audaciously passing before me. Needlessly say, you would have guessed, but not the way you would think.

I decapited it as if it were Louis the XVIII.

Ok. I thought I see the last of it. but then a few days later. More tiny lil ants!! I panicked and I decided to use a scotch tape to just collect them!

I thought it was due to a small spill or something.

But....SOmething happened. Something looks fishy. Something Ain't right!

ants are everywhere. I can actually pin point and identify exactly where they are as if my hands have eyes of their own.

I Decided to dust all my furnitures. I guess they were dirty or something. but ants are germs transporters. so they are dirtier.

In Africa, some red ants would ravage and kill an elephant in approx 2 hours. but then they have powerful jaws.

These ones are lil. but red!

I dunno know whether they are the same ants. But I think from which "hole" they come from. I am thinking of buying raid.

What do you guys think :) ways of killing or not killing them?

(psst. btw. just a lil secret: someone here in the forum is supa dupa hypa sensitive of killing them :D)

*cough*col dbloode dhea rtles smurd ering ...wha tdidt heyev erdot oyoueh!*cough cough*

what? /huh

*Goes off to pick the poor lil wiggley fellahs off tha tape*

They'll die a terrible painful death of starvation! /cry

*Goes into Papa fingah shakin mode*

Now how would you feel if you were stuck to some giant strip of sticky stuff all hungerin and fadin away to nothing. Lieing there among the dead bodies of others who got trapped there before you and others who struggle to get free?

Hmm? Hmmmmmm? /mad

Now go and make peace with your new family. ^_^

lol Schot...you're being funny- I feel kinda bad for them. I guess they would go reincarnate again!

but they are so smart. for instance, they know how to pretendto be dead whenever I go look for them. it has become désormais a full time job for me.

I feel like a bounty hunter /diablo /diablo

Guest gogoblender

make yer peace hk

ya know...it's funny how they're only in YER room

stepped on any ants last summer?

I hear they can make it hard and fast through yer ears

/oooo

gogo

Get some ant killer and leave it in the corners of you're room and where ever else the little buggars congrigate!

/guns :Mafia2: /guns /viking /guns

Give it a few weeks and they'll all be dead

hehe yeah burn it Burn it all Muhahahahaha

seriously

mix baking powder and powdered sugar (its somthing allmost everyone have inhouse and it works) :)

(and cheaper then the stuff you can buy at the mart)

Guest gogoblender
just burn them. you might lose your place, but at least you wont have any more problems with ants /lol

er....

*checks papers*

gak...no fire insurance on teh apartment!

Hk...wait...

noooooooooooooooo

:)

gogo

heh, llama...see waht you got happenin now...

lo, I have no idea how my pants keep coming up

or lack of

:)

gogo

Don't you mean coming down?

Nyuck nyuck nyuck! /lol

Guest gogoblender

I think I liked this thread better when it was about ants

oh, btw hk...there's a strange rustling package I left for you near the window.

Open it up

I dares ya

/devil

gogo

Best way to get rid of ants: use bait stations. You know, "final meal" for the colony and all.

That's the problem. Ants act as an organized whole. The whole stinking colony of thousands. Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about here.

*gets comfy in rocking chair*

Okay, back in my younger days I worked in pest control. Yup, I was the Orkin Man. One day the manager of an office building called me all frantic on the phone. "There's ants all over the place!! Every time someone from pest control comes out, it only gets worse! Can your company pleeeeeease send someone out here who can fix this problem? Make sure it's not the last guy; all he did was spray some stuff and leave."

So, off I went to this office building, armed with nothing but my pocket-protector and a mushy peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. I was usually the guy they sent out on jobs like this one. Why me, you ask? Was it because I was so awesome and incredibly talented? Nope. I was the last one in the pecking order at the office, so I got stuck with all of the "hard" jobs. /wink

Having been around the block a few times, I'm here to tell you that the worst insect problem you can ever have are ants. Forget roaches and fleas. Lightweights in comparison. Ants are the Einsteins of the insect world.

To get back to my story. This was a 9-story office building. I did my best to look all professional and serious as I did my rounds in the building, inspecting the damage and noticing what a mess the place was. Ants were literally everywhere. They ruled. The ants in this particular office building had adapted to the presence of pesticides, completely avoiding the floor and the baseboards....they were running around on the friggin' ceiling! /shok

They were in the elevator shafts...break rooms...all over desks and tables...geeze, it was bad. The building manager asked me my opinion. Is there any way to stop them?

Of course, I said. A thermonuclear warhead dropped directly on the building should do the trick. /thumbsup

However...since that isn't likely to happen, I asked her to give me one hour to come up with a solution. I had an idea, you see. Ant colonies are amazing. They act as one organism, adapting and changing in response to their environment. The ants in this building were 100% untouchable by pesticides because they changed the way they moved around in the building. I had a gut feeling these ants were getting into the building from some point outside, high up against the building: from a tree, more than likely. Kind of hard to imagine that problem having such a simple answer, but as it turns out, my hunch was correct.

I found where these suckers were getting into the building. It wasn't from the ground floor...no, too much pesticide down there. They would die trying to get in from the ground. On the fifth floor, the branches from a very big oak tree rested against the window of one of the offices. Sure enough, a huge stream of ants were coming off of the tree and onto the building. Their trail went up. So, up I went to the sixth floor, where I found these ants inside of the elevator shaft. Aha! Sneaky little buggers. /ninja

I called building maintenance, and asked them to trim back the oak branch. As I left I told the building manager to call me the next day with a status report. With that, I ate my soggy PBJ and drove back to the office.

Sure enough, no more ants. They disappeared completely less than three days later. ^_^

Ants are the worst, let me tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have lived in the country almost all of my life. When I was like 6, the question of what was inside an ant colony popped into my little head. So I just walked over to an ant's borrow (I think they were brazilian leaf cutter ants. the big red spikey ones) and stood there for quite a while, dodging some angry ones that had found me. Anyway, because I really wanted to know what was INSIDE, I went back home and took a pick and I just started pounding at the borrow. /rofl ------> /lmao ------> /lol ------> :D ------> /blink ------> /shok

I got stung, easely over 100 times.

The psycho state I reached while puonding away... Only a kid could do that. But I would never do that again in my life.

Now that I remember, I feel kinda sorry for the poor little critters /sweat

/lmao /lmao /lmao

The ants! lol... wow! ants are shared foes or so it seems. unfortunately the ants are scared of me due to a massive ant genocide /diablo - they were getting younger by the day... and poof.. .they disappear...or so I Think! I might need to figure out where they gone or eat through after reading Tharkane's Thread (thanks for posting ... :))...and Therion /lmao /lmao /rofl Poor you.. do you have pics ;)...

Anyways now the annoyance comes from those huge mosquitoes and flies. they are everywhere. GOGO! Clean up the strange rustling package you left for me at the window /shok (hope it's not your pants lol)