What is Fallout?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

hey guys!

lol, I keep reading it about it here and I'm jsut wondering what it is.

Is it kinda like diablo where you jsut buy the game and you can just play from free online?

how old is the game...is there still a community playing it?

Thanks!

:P

gogo

Yes it is like Diablo but only it is set in a post-apocalyptic world. It is old but it is were all the things started with taht kind of games. It has one of the best storys and a lot of freedom for you to make your path.

It is still played by many old time players and if you like diablo you must play the history that is Fallout.

here are some sites:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout1/offici...ite/index.shtml

http://www.nma-fallout.com/

and I found this bid on Ebay for falout 1&2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FALLOUT-1-2-2-GREAT-PC...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think I'd compare it to diablo really... as I recall diablo your battles were basically real time unless you paused it, wasn't it (it's been a few years since I've played Diablo)?

Fallout was a turn based RPG that was full of story, excellent characters and, most importantly, a tonne of freedom. Of course, that freedom allows you to frig yourself over as well, as most of your actions will have reprocussions and lead to, or prevent, certain NPC interactions and story elements. It's actually fairly similar to table top role playing in a lot of regards, while still being very much a video game.

Most of the game is in free timing, but combat was handled in turns; when you act in relation to the other combatants and how many actions you can perform are determined by certain attributes of your character. Basically each combatant acts on his/her turn and the others do their actions. The attack field is set up on a hex grid as well.

But yeah, it's big thing is its freedom and story; the freedom lets you explore countless avenues of attack for playing the game, and different approaches will yeild different in game results and the story is engaging, making replay value extremely high. The game is also quite non-linear, which is nice.

Guest gogoblender

wow

those are some pretty comprehensive sites

and teh communites look great

I wish I'd played this when it came out

I love the whole super science, radiation theme

:)

gogo

You must not pass this game Gogo the time has passed but there isn't a game that can call it self a heir to Fallout

Absolutely. I've replayed it several times through the years... and will play again. If you can try it out, do so.

Guest gogoblender

hahah, okay okay

I'm still lookin for a decent summer game

Are they still sellin this game?

is there a place I can get it online or something?

lol, sacred was the first time I apperaed online for a forum or even playin and it changed my perspective on gaming.

:)

gogo

p.s.lol kat yah I know balder's gate, but tha'ts soooo old right? But supposed to be one of the best rpg's ever made?

No, unfortunately they aren't still selling FO, though you may want to try looking online (Ebay, etc). If that fails, I'll do you a copy. Assuming I can find the disks.

Isn't FO older than BG?

Edit: http://video-games.search.ebay.com/fallout...gZ1QQsofocusZbs

I'd personally get this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Fallout-Collection-New...1QQcmdZViewItem as it contains all 3 FO games.

Isn't FO older than BG?

Yes it is older than baldurs gate.

Gogo you are killing me I am going to send you all of them if it takes me the last $ I have. This games are something that you MUST play or your game life will not be complite.

why oh why oh why did I even read this thread!!

/oooo

*goes to trawl the hell that is ebay!*

GoGo get it ! then tell me it's hateful and horrible!

*waves good bye to sleep*

/lmao

It looks excellent...noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hmm, the Red Ryder LE is often for sale in NCR and San Francisco (in Fallout II).

I can't recall where to find the Red Ryder in Fallout. In Fallout II, it's in the well in Modoc... or else the parents of the missing kid have it.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the tittle of this thread an my answer was: "only the best rpg ever!!:)" That's just me but, hey, how many games have Pocket Lint as an item:)!

Ankhanu, I got the Advanced Power Armour two days after installing the game. It's sooo easy. And fun! Wanna know how to get it:)

hehehe I so very agree... /thumbsup /thumbsup

Fallout is DA BOMB!

and I'm getting that /Explode game in 2 days...

forget pocketlint... how about a deck of "Tragic" /bounce

ring a bell:) /viking

jup I do :)

and alltho I know there are far better weapons in the game I must say that that sniper rifle u start off with ain't all bad ... I did many a level with that piece of equipment

HRIFLE.gif

oh and don't forget this qutie :)

VMINIGUN.gif

and I've allways been a big fan of Iguana on a stick /rofl

IGUANA.gif