Ideas for High Elf's taking out Champs instead of Death Blow?

Since deathblow don't work anymore. what would you use with a Pyromancer He to take down the champs faster.

Another?

Combos for all toon's what is good ones to use. When say all toons not just the he I am using.

I'm looking forward to some good answers on this. I have been considering making a pure fire HE lately just to see the whole screen burning up, but I have been wondering about how it is now balanced with Death Blow now not working for magic users' spells.

Spell caster pros here....where are you getting your damage from these days?

:)

gogo

I'm looking forward to some good answers on this. I have been considering making a pure fire HE lately just to see the whole screen burning up, but I have been wondering about how it is now balanced with Death Blow now not working for magic users' spells.

Spell caster pros here....where are you getting your damage from these days?

:yawn:

gogo

I wonder if a %life leech weapon works with spells cast, besides the obvious Magic coup. either way Furian and I are on the hunt for weapons and armor and anything we can find with %life leech.

Chance to hit will increase your chance to do normal damage on every swing. DB is a threshold of the enemies HP that at which you begin to do double damage. So a 50% DB means that when the boss's health gets to 50% you start dealing double damage per hit. It only works with weapon based attacks though. so increasing CTH is great, but won't do double damage like DB.

A Dryad with full Deltheya's set has built in Life Leech percentage. mine at level 78 was 2.7%. at Niob is gets to 5%. That doesn't seem like a lot but 100% /2.7% is 37 hits to kill the boss. and with RI hitting 2 for every shot. that becomes 19. and with 0.5 second regen you can do those 19 hits in 10 Seconds. no matter how big he is or how many HP the boss has. a Dryad with full Deltheya's Set can kill any boss on the map in 10 sec. Provided you have the necessary CTH to make every shot count.

HE has magic coup that can be modded for life leach and you can find shurkens or 2 handed pole arms with life leech. it stacks so combine them for a nice little percentage. Shadow Warrior also has 2 or 3 Combat Art's with life leech mod.

I guess modding meteor shower for extra damage fire and physical damage and crit is the way to go and then raising that damage through Combat Art levels and smith arts and fiery ardor.... Stun the boss with a stationary teleport if necessary. Or modding shard for extra damage.

I find high elves to be generally squishy compared to seras with dp and dryads with bark, but they are great mob killers. I never finished niob with my fire elf, though I did get there. Having 2 kinds of skin available will probably make you a bit less squishy.

Apart from crit the only other thing that might work is "chance to disregard armour". Has anyone ever tested it with spells?

I think that's kinda like what ancient magic does so I'd be surprised if it worked with spells.

I remember soldats wrote some stuff about chance to ignore armor. The discussion did not include a reference to it working with spells or not: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1989&page=2

Edited by ka243
A Dryad with full Deltheya's set has built in Life Leech percentage. mine at level 78 was 2.7%. at Niob is gets to 5%.

Are you sure it gets that high? if yes, that means that if you are using 2 Kal'Dur's Legacy you could get up in over 10% :wow:

A Dryad with full Deltheya's set has built in Life Leech percentage. mine at level 78 was 2.7%. at Niob is gets to 5%.

Are you sure it gets that high? if yes, that means that if you are using 2 Kal'Dur's Legacy you could get up in over 10% :wow:

I have think about a build like that sometimes ago. :P

We've this kind of bonus on full sets : Dry Detheya - seraphim Celestial - Temple Guardian Close combat

And... this three chars have Enchanced Perception for first choice of comp... hazard :):wow:

seraphim and dryads can have DW.... yum. :D

Edited by Woody
Apart from crit the only other thing that might work is "chance to disregard armour". Has anyone ever tested it with spells?

Hmmmm? interesting

Oh my that would be wicked. a Double D girl with axes. OMG.

I have a set of level 200 test Chars that Barristan Sent me and a level 200 Dryad with full set on Niob was 5%. yeah boss killer!

You just gotta find the stuff.... :wow:.

Its all in the network Mate! you find some, you share some. Great friends make great builds!

This kinda got on a dyrad topic :wow: , So I got my HE to 48 and net went down last night. I couldn't get online to see what yall came up with. Then I played my seraphim with like 47% DB. Besides her taking out champs faster. My HE takes out hordes of mobs alot faster than the seraphim, so the extra sec I take to kill a champ or boss with a HE isn't that bad to come to think about it.

What combos do you all use on HE, dyrad and seraphim. I am still new and not sure what combos if any I should use. My seraphim is a shopper dual weild. I was having a problem finding bargining gear for her. Playing my HE barginger. I found some nice stuff to swap to my seraphim. levlel 51 now with a barging of 116 not bad. I am finding some nice stuff with her. my fav is +12.3 experience per kill gloves. Highest I seen on apair.

About rings with modifier: experience per kill. I can't seem to find any. I find a bunch of chance to find magical, so does HE and seraphim not find them with that modifier?

This kinda got on a dyrad topic :wow: , So I got my HE to 48 and net went down last night. I couldn't get online to see what yall came up with. Then I played my seraphim with like 47% DB. Besides her taking out champs faster. My HE takes out hordes of mobs alot faster than the seraphim, so the extra sec I take to kill a champ or boss with a HE isn't that bad to come to think about it.

What combos do you all use on HE, dyrad and seraphim. I am still new and not sure what combos if any I should use. My seraphim is a shopper dual weild. I was having a problem finding bargining gear for her. Playing my HE barginger. I found some nice stuff to swap to my seraphim. levlel 51 now with a barging of 116 not bad. I am finding some nice stuff with her. my fav is +12.3 experience per kill gloves. Highest I seen on apair.

About rings with modifier: experience per kill. I can't seem to find any. I find a bunch of chance to find magical, so does HE and seraphim not find them with that modifier?

Sorry Mate! sure did steal your topic there didn't I? I think my original thought process was life leech. 2 handed weapons with LL% or Shurkens with LL% are the best weapon against bosses IMO. the question I have to ask or have to test is if you are holding a weapon with %LL does it work with casted spells? if it does then there is your answer.

I tried a +12 LL weapon didn't see the lines coming back to me like when I use it on my ranged dyrad.

Darn, that would have been too cool. do you have your gameplay option set to show damage numbers? LL shows as additional damage in orange and healing in green

nope I had that turned off. I wll re test it.

BTW what would you put in your boneslicers as a duel weild seraphim?

High level - (niob if you have the ability) Damge Smith Art from blacksmith. they already have a couple great mod built in. Check this out:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...win_Boneslicers

Skull Smash/Continuity/Intensity if your HE is weak and don't want to get near the bosses.

Magma Rain/Smoking Rock/Devastaion if your HE is able to tank the bosses.