Job interviews can really stink somtimes!

oh man.....I just finished a phone interview with a prospective job and I don't know. They got onto a subject I really enjoy and have a lot of experience in and I think I may have overdid the enthusiasm. They were interested in the conversation but my excitement into what they wanted to know was way higher than theres I think. It is so hard to read over the phone the pace and general temperature of the room at the other end of the phone. with no body language or faces to read.

Now I am worndering if I sold them or pushed em back. Only way to know now is the waiting game. Could be :) or :woot:

Such an impersonal way for them to interview prospective staff...All the best though :agreed:

They are up in Brockton MA where Knuckles is. about a 10 hour drive from here. that was actually the second phone interview. Hopefully they fly me up. these days companies don't spend the money to fly people in for interviews like they used to.

I think your enthusiasm is part of your game. Consider it a gift, and it is certainly not something that many people can share with others successfully over the phone while maintaining confidence. I've done a few phone interviews, and it's hard to know when or when not to tack if we don't have a face, and all we have is a voice. Second phone interview? That's great news though, you're already in the top percentile with that... what's next... personal? If they don't fly you up, how will you meet?

:agreed:

gogo

Everything is kinda different with this company. this is thier busiest time of the year, and they are thinking of bringing me up to help them through this crunch on a short term basis. which I would be greatful for the work, but I wil still have to win a permenant job with them after the crunch. That doesn't really give a guy alot of confidence ya know. I could go bust my butt just to find out they aren't gonna hire me full time anyway.

Genuine enthusiasm is a positive attribute to have.

Some people might take it the wrong way if you came across as being insincere.

So long as you did it in a professional manner then the employer should be impressed.

Good luck with the job. :agreed: