This may sound a little cheap but...

Anyone know where I can get a very cheap (or even free :D ) copy of Sacred 2 for the PC. The 360 version is good and all, but I'd like to start playing online (don't like live very much) with all you guys.

Or even is theres a way to use my 360 version and convert it to PC or whatever. My Pc is pretty decent and can run Guild Wars at top spec windowed near flawlessly.

All help appreciated =D

Anyone know where I can get a very cheap (or even free :D ) copy of Sacred 2 for the PC. The 360 version is good and all, but I'd like to start playing online (don't like live very much) with all you guys.

Or even is theres a way to use my 360 version and convert it to PC or whatever. My Pc is pretty decent and can run Guild Wars at top spec windowed near flawlessly.

All help appreciated =D

The Gold link at the bottom of the page is, I believe back up and running. and it's not a bad price. My friend john got his on E-bay. Not sure what he paid but I bet you could get one there. I am not sure about a used copy, and the secure rom licensing feature in the game my cause you issues unless the license is clean. That's why I recommend ordering new. you don't want to have to pay twice to get a clean license.

Hmm, £30 for both Sacred 2 and I+B, I'll have a look around. See what I can find. What exactly does I+B have to offer. Afaik it bring the Dragon Mage, 2 more islands and new enemies. Anything else special to it? Or is it not really worth getting it for a person that has only been playing a few weeks?

amazon.co.uk has 2 different ones.

Sacred 2 used and new for £8 Windows XP

Sacred 2 Gold Edition Windows Vista / XP for £17 but it isn't released yet.

Will the XP version work okay on Vista? (I use vista)

If it works fine then I may just get the £7 copy :D

It has two new regions but most importantly... Us! :D If you're hoping to play with the gang here you'll need to have both Sacred 2 + Ice and Blood. If you don't have Ice and Blood then you'll be playing on completely different servers. The lobby is the same but you won't be able to play on the same servers as us. And I gather the non Ice and Blood servers are pretty empty.

But before you do anything I'd suggest you check out the minimum specs. Sacred 2 is much much more demanding than Guild Wars. Partly because of overall higher quality textures in Sacred 2 and partly because of highly optimized coding in Guild Wars.

Game Summary#Tech Specs

Sacred 2 in all of my experiences ran perfectly in XP 32, XP 64, Vista 64 and Windows 7 64. You just need to be VERY careful about how you install, patch and configure. If you do get the pc version make sure to post about it on DarkMatters and we'll tip toe you through it. There's just too many ways for things to go wrong, lol.

Hmm, £30 for both Sacred 2 and I+B, I'll have a look around. See what I can find. What exactly does I+B have to offer. Afaik it bring the Dragon Mage, 2 more islands and new enemies. Anything else special to it? Or is it not really worth getting it for a person that has only been playing a few weeks?

Honestly if you are new to sacred2 you could wait on Ice and Blood. is adds some better balancing. nerfs some mods like +all skill and others to increase the difficulty adnd make seasoned players have to rethink the way they build Characters. and its easy to add on later

the game runs just fine on XP,Vista,Win 7. some advance features like PhysX and Elite GFX(collectors edition) are a little buggy and cause crashes on Win 7 otherwise runs fine for most

For 8 British Pounds new, that sounds good to me.

Buying used copies is a risky business atleast when you are planning on playing online where the key could already be used to make an account, be sure to buy a new one and you can be sure you get what you payed for.

My computer looks up to scratch for it.

1gb RAM (should upgrade to 2 at some point) / intel core 2 duo e4500 dual core / nVidia GeForce 8300GS (wiki says the GeForce ones are built for gaming so...) :D

Also if the game does run slow at all (really shouldn't) I guess there are options to turn off shadows and stuff like that, which aren't really needed.

Is £30 a good price for both Sacred 2 and I+B? If so, I'll probaby wait till my first weeks worth of EMA comes in as money is a little low atm (thank you christmas -_- ) I'll maybe have a look round the shops tomorrow in my lunch break, see what I can find.

Honestly if you are new to sacred2 you could wait on Ice and Blood. is adds some better balancing. nerfs some mods like +all skill and others to increase the difficulty adnd make seasoned players have to rethink the way they build Characters. and its easy to add on later

the game runs just fine on XP,Vista,Win 7. some advance features like PhysX and Elite GFX(collectors edition) are a little buggy and cause crashes on Win 7 otherwise runs fine for most

For 8 British Pounds new, that sounds good to me.

How funny that Schot and I were both replying at the same time with completely opposite recommendations.

Schot's points are dead on accurate, as a multi player game we have tons of fun! But I played more or less single player for months on XBOX before the transition to PC and ended up upgrading my 6 year old DELL XPS 400 to get the same quality as XBOX. now I get better quality than the BOX. And I missed Spunky's point as well you have to register your Key to get a Closed net account to play with the gang here. and they are a use only once kinda thing. So be careful if that the direction your going

Okay then, I may not bother with I+B till later if I'm a newb >:D But then again, me not getting it would mean I can't connect to anyone here from what I read a little up the page.

and also locol I saw your little step-by-step guide :D

Ok, here is a little help for anybody new that will be installing the game from scratch, so they don't pull there hair out like I did.

If you are installing fresh from scratch:

For Ice and Blood

1. Run the Sacred 2 Fallen Angel install, this installs version 2.02.

2. Run the Sacred2-UK-INT-2_40_0_0.exe patch, this installs all cumulative patches to version 2.40(if you run any other patch before this one it will not work)

3. Run the Ice and Blood install.

4. Run the Ice and Blood v2.65 patch

For Sacred 2 classic

1. Run the Sacred 2 install

2. Run the Sacred2-UK-INT-2_40_0_0.exe

3. Run 2.43 patch or use Sacred2 updater

A few conflicting opinions about I+B, is it really worth getting it straight away? :P I spose the ultimate question is, do I want to play with you mangey bunch? ><

Okay then, I may not bother with I+B till later if I'm a newb >:P But then again, me not getting it would mean I can't connect to anyone here from what I read a little up the page.

and also locol I saw your little step-by-step guide :P

Ok, here is a little help for anybody new that will be installing the game from scratch, so they don't pull there hair out like I did.

If you are installing fresh from scratch:

For Ice and Blood

1. Run the Sacred 2 Fallen Angel install, this installs version 2.02.

2. Run the Sacred2-UK-INT-2_40_0_0.exe patch, this installs all cumulative patches to version 2.40(if you run any other patch before this one it will not work)

3. Run the Ice and Blood install.

4. Run the Ice and Blood v2.65 patch

For Sacred 2 classic

1. Run the Sacred 2 install

2. Run the Sacred2-UK-INT-2_40_0_0.exe

3. Run 2.43 patch or use Sacred2 updater

A few conflicting opinions about I+B, is it really worth getting it straight away? :P I spose the ultimate question is, do I want to play with you mangey bunch? ><

Hey now who you calling mangy? :D we are just a little smelly and in need of a haircut! that different :D Oh and Gogoblender lost his pants, but knuckles has the in on some nice pink spandex! but other than that...... :P

I think I will probably end up getting the £30 deal, as a new Sacred 2 is about £12, and I+B is about £35 (say whaaaaa) So overall it's £17 cheaper.....All goes on what I see in the shops tomorrow I guess. :D

Thanks for all the help :D

Oh also, does this support gamepads? I have a little doohickey that lets my 360 controllers connect to the PC which I use to play emulators and such.

Edited by sam6555

I would definitely get the version with Ice and Blood in it, especially if you plan on playing on-line. Plus it's a lot more fun playing when you can hang out with us weirdos :D

...How funny that Schot and I were both replying at the same time...

Me again! :lol:

1gb RAM (should upgrade to 2 at some point) / intel core 2 duo e4500 dual core / nVidia GeForce 8300GS (wiki says the GeForce ones are built for gaming so...) :D

Also if the game does run slow at all (really shouldn't) I guess there are options to turn off shadows and stuff like that, which aren't really needed.

Is £30 a good price for both Sacred 2 and I+B? If so, I'll probaby wait till my first weeks worth of EMA comes in as money is a little low atm (thank you christmas -_- ) I'll maybe have a look round the shops tomorrow in my lunch break, see what I can find.

Hmm, ok. With 1GB of ram I'm hesitant to say that you'll have a fun time... Although I did direct you to the Tech Specs page I don't entirely support it's info. The fact is that I believe the minimum required specs listed are completely inaccurate. In my opinion people should treat the Recommended specs as the minimum. I'd recommend at least 2GB of ram in order to have fun. :)

Also I'm not sure how your 8300 is going to fair though. I'd say Sacred 2 is nearly as demanding as Crysis. In fact probably more...

Hmm, £30 for both Sacred 2 and I+B, I'll have a look around. See what I can find. What exactly does I+B have to offer. Afaik it bring the Dragon Mage, 2 more islands and new enemies. Anything else special to it?

Yeah, alot of insects. Ice and Blood is unfortunately not very stable.

Well, there are some new armor and weapons, also new uniques and if I'm not mistaken also new legendaries.

There are a bunch of new quests and some weapons have got a new effect. Staves now have the effect of shooting balls from it, if you take magic staff as a skill. For example; a magic staff with a poison effect you can now shoot poison with the staff to the enemy.

Now also new, well not entirely, is the carrier imp. This was first only available for those who had purchased the CE, but with Ice and Blood it becomes now for everyone available.

And there camera settings are changed.

Edited by candesco

Okay then thanks for all the help.

And Schot I'll just see how it goes with the ram. If it does run a bit slow I'll see what I can get with my EMA £100 xmas bonus. :lol: The comp I have is unmodded from the shop floor of PC World and has been like it for just over 2 years now >.<

See you all in game maybe =D

I think I will probably end up getting the £30 deal, as a new Sacred 2 is about £12, and I+B is about £35 (say whaaaaa) So overall it's £17 cheaper.....All goes on what I see in the shops tomorrow I guess. :lol:

Thanks for all the help :D

Oh also, does this support gamepads? I have a little doohickey that lets my 360 controllers connect to the PC which I use to play emulators and such.

And that would be a no to the doohickey things. I have one and no it does not map in Sacred2 key bindings, yet..... I have one and wished I could bring my 360 gamepad over, but after playing keyboard and mouse for a while, you won't miss the gamepad.

Anyone know where I can get a very cheap (or even free :lol: ) copy of Sacred 2 for the PC. The 360 version is good and all, but I'd like to start playing online (don't like live very much) with all you guys.

All help appreciated =D

Hi Sam, heh, I understand why you'd want to get a deal on this game. For a single standing game, it can't be beat, and it goes head to head against some mmorpgs I know ^^

Yeah, it's a bit pricey, especially if you want to get into the EU servers with us, but maybe in a bit, the prices will get even better and good things will arise.

I see you're having fun here on the boards, I'll also take this moment to personally welcome you to DarkMatters.

:D

gogo

I'm a bit concerned with your graphics card:

this from the wiki;

In the summer of 2007, NVIDIA released the entry level GeForce 8300 and 8400 series of graphics cards. Both series are based on the G86 core and as of December 2007, both series only have a GS version. The GeForce 8300 is also only available in the OEM market, and thus cannot be found in retail outlets. These graphics cards are targeted mainly for those who just need a discrete graphics solution, as the video card performs poorly in intense 3D applications such as high-end video games. It was originally designed to replace the 7200 and 7300 models, but was incapable of doing so due to its poor performance in high-end video games. It's able to play modern games at playable framerates at low settings and low resolutions making it popular among casual gamers and HTPC (Media Center) builders without a PCI Express or AGP motherboard.

Also your 1 gig RAM is right on the minimum requirements. Coupled with a low performing video card you could be in trouble.

I would first check out the Can you run it site and then if possible I would get the demo.

You might find the game is unplayable on your pc so best save your money for an upgrade first ;)

I'm a bit concerned with your graphics card:

this from the wiki;

In the summer of 2007, NVIDIA released the entry level GeForce 8300 and 8400 series of graphics cards. Both series are based on the G86 core and as of December 2007, both series only have a GS version. The GeForce 8300 is also only available in the OEM market, and thus cannot be found in retail outlets. These graphics cards are targeted mainly for those who just need a discrete graphics solution, as the video card performs poorly in intense 3D applications such as high-end video games. It was originally designed to replace the 7200 and 7300 models, but was incapable of doing so due to its poor performance in high-end video games. It's able to play modern games at playable framerates at low settings and low resolutions making it popular among casual gamers and HTPC (Media Center) builders without a PCI Express or AGP motherboard.

Also your 1 gig RAM is right on the minimum requirements. Coupled with a low performing video card you could be in trouble.

I would first check out the Can you run it site and then if possible I would get the demo.

You might find the game is unplayable on your pc so best save your money for an upgrade first ;)

Very good advice Stubbs and I agree. As much as I'd love to read about your adventures on the EU servers with the gang Sam, I'd hate for your experience to be spoiled by hardware hardships. I read a few reviews on the GeForce 8300 as well as wikipedia's entry and for Sacred 2 it doesn't look very good I'm afraid to say. At best you'd be gambling. Take Stubbs advice and try the

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Demo (1.7GB download rate was about 600/s)

Hmmm.... Need to add that to the wiki.

Man you guys are good lol

Went on the 'can you run it?' site and I meet the minimum specs perfectly. Recommended specs however, 1022.8 RAM compared to 2gb. And 368.0 video RAM compared to 512. I'll just see how the demo plays, and see how much the graphics can be turned down if it does run slow. I think my ema xmas bonus +a few weeks worth may be going towards upgrading my PC :D

Hopefully it'll all be okay =D

Time will tell.

Well I tried the demo, shame you can only play as seraphim.. >.<

It ran okay-ish..lol The mouse was pretty laggy, and getting used to new controls after playing GWs for 2 years (around 6500 hours O.o) and getting used to those controls....this may take a little getting used to.

Out of the two things, RAM and Graphics card, what would be my main priority? I'm guessing RAM seeing as the game ran quite smoothly....not too sure though.

Well I tried the demo, shame you can only play as seraphim.. >.<

It ran okay-ish..lol The mouse was pretty laggy, and getting used to new controls after playing GWs for 2 years (around 6500 hours O.o) and getting used to those controls....this may take a little getting used to.

Out of the two things, RAM and Graphics card, what would be my main priority? I'm guessing RAM seeing as the game ran quite smoothly....not too sure though.

Not sure what the version is on the demo. but the original release 2.02 uses a secondary mouse driver. after patching you will be able to use the windows mouse driver which should solve that problem.

As for the upgrade. ram is cheaper by far. prices in the US are down to about $25 a Gb. a decent video card is gonna go for 5 times that much. as for the ram if your on 32bit windows no point in going higher than 3 Gb. windows 32 doesn't recognize any more than that. I recommend a tool at Crucial.com that will scan your system and tell you what you have and what you can buy for your system. it's quick and my save some trips to the comp store.

crucial.com Gave these results

Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB

Currently Installed Memory: 1GB

Available Memory Slots: 0

Total Memory Slots: 2

Dual Channel Support: Yes

CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel

CPU Family: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz Model 15, Stepping 13

CPU Speed: 2200 MHz

Although the memory can be installed one module at a time, the best performance comes from using matched pairs of modules.

Pretty cool website :D I'll have to wait for some money to come in first though >.< Guess I'm stuck being on the 360 version for a while =/

Although the memory can be installed one module at a time, the best performance comes from using matched pairs of modules.

Pretty cool website ;) I'll have to wait for some money to come in first though >.< Guess I'm stuck being on the 360 version for a while =/

So you'll have to buy 2 1-Gb sticks. Did it give you the mem type ddr2 PC-5200 or something like that?

Pretty cool website ;) I'll have to wait for some money to come in first though >.< Guess I'm stuck being on the 360 version for a while =/

So you'll have to buy 2 1-Gb sticks. Did it give you the mem type ddr2 PC-5200 or something like that?

Q: What memory goes into my computer, and can I mix speeds?

A: DDR2 memory with support for DDR2 PC2-8500,DDR2 PC2-6400,DDR2 PC2-5300 speeds.

Yu-huh =D