The voices behind the classes

I read some easteregg stories about (german) sacred2. So I knew that the voice of the shadow warrior in the german version is the same as from Maximus in the gladiator (synchronizing speaker). Which fits well in my opinion.

But then our 7 year old musical genius watched us playing and suddenly said, funny this sounds like Diego. I was looking up and Diego, the sable tooth tiger from Ice Age is the same speaker.

She is just 7 so she didn't knew older movies or movies way above her age. But we tried some more tests:

The dryad:

It is the speaker for Jodie Foster. My daughter was right there. Even she didn't knew Jodie Foster as an actor. For her Foster was this crazy woman in 'Nim's Island' who fears animals and nature. I don't know which other movies the speaker synchronized and if ascaron did choose the speaker for the dryad in a ironic way, movie and sacred2 are both 2008, but I think it is funny, a dryad who hates natures :tease:

The high elf:

That's Bart she said. Looking up it is the speaker of Bart Simpson, in the movie, series and computer game. I looked up her movie synchronizations and closest to high elf would be Jovovich in the 1999 'Johanna of Orleans'.

The seraphim:

She didn't know, but it is the speaker of Sarah Michelle Geller. Chosen because of Buffy ?

Inquisitor:

She said that is Freddie Faulig (Robbie Rotten) from the Lazy Town TV series for kids.

Are there funny speaker/class combinations in other languages too?

I read some easteregg stories about (german) sacred2. So I knew that the voice of the shadow warrior in the german version is the same as from Maximus in the gladiator (synchronizing speaker). Which fits well in my opinion.

But then our 7 year old musical genius watched us playing and suddenly said, funny this sounds like Diego. I was looking up and Diego, the sable tooth tiger from Ice Age is the same speaker.

She is just 7 so she didn't knew older movies or movies way above her age. But we tried some more tests:

The dryad:

It is the speaker for Jodie Foster. My daughter was right there. Even she didn't knew Jodie Foster as an actor. For her Foster was this crazy woman in 'Nim's Island' who fears animals and nature. I don't know which other movies the speaker synchronized and if ascaron did choose the speaker for the dryad in a ironic way, movie and sacred2 are both 2008, but I think it is funny, a dryad who hates natures :butcher:

The high elf:

That's Bart she said. Looking up it is the speaker of Bart Simpson, in the movie, series and computer game. I looked up her movie synchronizations and closest to high elf would be Jovovich in the 1999 'Johanna of Orleans'.

The seraphim:

She didn't know, but it is the speaker of Sarah Michelle Geller. Chosen because of Buffy ?

Inquisitor:

She said that is Freddie Faulig (Robbie Rotten) from the Lazy Town TV series for kids.

Silly question: You're saying the voices speaking German are these actual actors? Or the voices of German voice-actors who dubbed the voices for the Hollywood actors?

I do recognise voices in video games sometimes, but I didn't think I recognized the voices in the English version of Sacred 2. I'll have a look at who they were and report back.

From Gamespot credits...

Voice Actor Hansi Jochmann

Voice Actor Sandra Schwittau

Voice Actor Michael Pan

Voice Actor Nana Spier

Voice Actor Thomas Fritsch

Voice Actor Raimund Krone

This is the CDV release, so I think these are the english voiceactors? I don't recognize anyone but Hansi.

Edited by essjayehm

The dryad:

It is the speaker for Jodie Foster. My daughter was right there. Even she didn't knew Jodie Foster as an actor. For her Foster was this crazy woman in 'Nim's Island' who fears animals and nature. I don't know which other movies the speaker synchronized and if ascaron did choose the speaker for the dryad in a ironic way, movie and sacred2 are both 2008, but I think it is funny, a dryad who hates natures :butcher:

The high elf:

The seraphim:

Inquisitor:

Silly question: You're saying the voices speaking German are these actual actors? Or the voices of German voice-actors who dubbed the voices for the Hollywood actors?

I do recognise voices in video games sometimes, but I didn't think I recognized the voices in the English version of Sacred 2. I'll have a look at who they were and report back.

From Gamespot credits...

Voice Actor Hansi Jochmann

Voice Actor Sandra Schwittau

Voice Actor Michael Pan

Voice Actor Nana Spier

Voice Actor Thomas Fritsch

Voice Actor Raimund Krone

This is the CDV release, so I think these are the english voiceactors? I don't recognize anyone but Hansi.

The guy in the english version that does the Shadow Warrior voice sounds like the same guy that does naration for the Saturday morning cartoons for spiderman and marvel.

• 9 months later...

Hopefully it's not bad form to reply after all this time, but did anyone ever figure out who the English-speaking voice actors are? I've looked all over, but apart from a few criticisms here and there I can't find even a hint as to who they were.

I've no real need to know, I just have a long-standing curiosity about who's behind the voices in videogames I'd played! I thought Oblivion was tricky enough to figure out as there weren't many details available at the time, but I have no leads at all here...

Well, apart the above, I really don't have any idea. And I'd say for the English version, only ones that truely fit are tha Shadow Warrior and the Inquistator. IIRC, SW has the same voice as Dark Elf in Sacred 1?

The others are just meh for me. Though the seraphim does have few nice lines here and there; "This is not a drill, this is Apocalypse. Please stay calm and exit the building." :P

Damn - Michael Dorn and Brent Spiner as the Temple Guardian and the Inquisitor? I would never have guessed.

Well, their German overdubs, anyway. :D

I'm somewhat amused that the high elf VA has exactly the same facial expression as the high elf herself. :lol:

No the pictures of the above link:

Left is always the german voice actor for the movie actor which is center. it doesn't say that the movie actors did voice acting themself for sacred2. It is just that we germans know from where we know the voice.

So if Jodie Foster would have spoken the dryad not many in germany would have noticed it. But her german voice is way better known here.

I found only a single link which mentions an english voice actor involved in sacred2. See my last post. But since I don't have english version I can't say which role he was speaking.

Some german voice actors are very good in improvising. The length of german and english often doesn't fit. So there were cases where the german voice actors made a movie/series to a success while it failed in original version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Persuaders!

CBS News investigated the German dubbing industry in 2006, where they, too, confirmed substantial differences between the German and English-language versions of The Persuaders![20] In trying to assess the reasons why such a radical change was made, CBS discovered that German dubbing artists believed that "staying exactly true to the original is not always the highest aim." This spirit was invoked by the person who oversaw the adaption and also performed Tony Curtis' role:

When a company says they want something to be commercially successful, to make people laugh, I give it a woof. I make them laugh like they would in a Bavarian beer garden.

—Rainer Brandt, co-ordinator of the German dubbing of The Persuaders and Tony Curtis' dubbing voice.