Lurker Reporting In

Last summer, my brother was in town, and he popped a game called Sacred 2 into my 360 and forced me to sit down for some couch co-op with him. We clocked a good eight hours together, I think, but the game hadn't captured me in quite the way it had captured him. A month or two down the road, I decided to take a chance and pick up a copy of the game for myself. Maybe it was playing it at my own pace, or maybe it was the warm feeling I got from using the Temple Guardian's Archimedes Beam (I'd been playing a Shadow Warrior with my brother), but I found the magic.

Between screwing up on my Temple Guardian's build in the way that nearly every newbie does and being curious about how the Temple Guardian was supposed to be ran, the GameFAQs board managed to redirect me to here, to the official forums, and of course to the Sacred wiki.

There's not really much for me to say: I'm a casual player who's chuckling to himself at having clocked over sixty hours into a game and still being able to count himself as a newbie in the grand scheme of things. I don't really expect to be active here: it seems like the answer to most of my questions lie in the various character guides and at the end of a search of existing threads. But I at least wanted to say thank you to everyone who had a hand in the various character guides and also to all the newbies before me who have asked stupid questions that don't matter competitively but are still wondered.

Hey, Welcome Aboard Rift. Glad you were able to find your way here. If ya have "any" questions feel free to ask. There are numerous guys around here that can answer any and all questions you might have. A few of us PC guys even came from Xbox origianally. I myself logged a good 1k hours on the Xbox before following my brother to PC.

So anyways welcome and pull up a seat, make yourself comfortable and have a cold :yay: on me.

Great to have you on board, and welcome shall ye be Rift :yay:

Just do some diggin' or ask if you are curious about something.

Thanks for the welcomes, Furian and Spunky. (Awesome smilie.)

If I wasn't on one of the old MacBooks without a video card, and if I had a copy of XP lying around, I'd be tempted to pick up a copy of the PC version. Especially if Ice and Blood can work on the American copies. (Haven't really looked into how all that stuff works out.)

Mostly, I've just been glancing at the character builds. I'm kind of slowly taking each class to Level 15 and want to get to know each of them. So far I've gone through Temple Guardian, High Elf, and Seraphim. I've spent a few hours in multiplayer with the Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor, but I can't really remember much about them now. Not really much to ask there, though: the guides cover everything pretty well, and it's just a matter of choosing my playing style. About the only thing that seems to vary is which stats should or shouldn't be raised. (I've gotten the impression that's more of a player preference than a build preference, with most of the hardcore players leaning towards vitality, I think.)

It's not really my style to ask questions that have already been answered in other threads. And like I said in my first post, it seems like most stuff has been answered at some point or another. (Hunted down thoughts/opinions about the deities earlier today, which was what kind of prompted me to finally create a newbie thread.)

If there's something I think is worth asking, rest assured I will. It just seems like everything's been covered somewhere already.

V

Thanks for the welcomes, Furian and Spunky. (Awesome smilie.)

If I wasn't on one of the old MacBooks without a video card, and if I had a copy of XP lying around, I'd be tempted to pick up a copy of the PC version. Especially if Ice and Blood can work on the American copies. (Haven't really looked into how all that stuff works out.)

Mostly, I've just been glancing at the character builds. I'm kind of slowly taking each class to Level 15 and want to get to know each of them. So far I've gone through Temple Guardian, High Elf, and Seraphim. I've spent a few hours in multiplayer with the Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor, but I can't really remember much about them now. Not really much to ask there, though: the guides cover everything pretty well, and it's just a matter of choosing my playing style. About the only thing that seems to vary is which stats should or shouldn't be raised. (I've gotten the impression that's more of a player preference than a build preference, with most of the hardcore players leaning towards vitality, I think.)

It's not really my style to ask questions that have already been answered in other threads. And like I said in my first post, it seems like most stuff has been answered at some point or another. (Hunted down thoughts/opinions about the deities earlier today, which was what kind of prompted me to finally create a newbie thread.)

If there's something I think is worth asking, rest assured I will. It just seems like everything's been covered somewhere already.

Hey! And welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. No need to label yourself a newbie with us. Even us with a few thousand hours in are learning something new everytime we play sacred or read these threads. So your one of us now!

Thanks for the introduction Shattered. It still means a lot when new members post how they found us and if the community here was helpful.

Welcome to DarkMatters.

:D

gogo

Heya Shattered. Nice tah meet yah and thanx for dropping a hello. :P

...If there's something I think is worth asking, rest assured I will. It just seems like everything's been covered somewhere already.

...No need to label yourself a newbie with us. Even us with a few thousand hours in are learning something new everytime we play sacred or read these threads. So your one of us now!

That's something I really love about the Sacred games. The developers put so many variables into the game that even after years of playing there are still questions to be asked like; What does Direct Damage do? I dunno! Nobody does! :( The community as a whole is STILL trying to uncover the depths of Sacred 2.

Oh, and I completely agree with the general take on the many forms and usages of "noob" here on FDM. We've all got questions that need answering. Even the long time players. :D

Thanks for the welcomes, Locolagarto, Katran, Kriv, Gogo, and Schot.

V

Hey! And welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. No need to label yourself a newbie with us. Even us with a few thousand hours in are learning something new everytime we play sacred or read these threads. So your one of us now!

That's not particularly reassuring. It says leagues about what I haven't learned yet.

Heya Shattered. Nice tah meet yah and thanx for dropping a hello. :P

...If there's something I think is worth asking, rest assured I will. It just seems like everything's been covered somewhere already.

...No need to label yourself a newbie with us. Even us with a few thousand hours in are learning something new everytime we play sacred or read these threads. So your one of us now!

That's something I really love about the Sacred games. The developers put so many variables into the game that even after years of playing there are still questions to be asked like; What does Direct Damage do? I dunno! Nobody does! :( The community as a whole is STILL trying to uncover the depths of Sacred 2.

Oh, and I completely agree with the general take on the many forms and usages of "noob" here on FDM. We've all got questions that need answering. Even the long time players. :D

Guess I shouldn't ask about formulas, then? (I only picked the game back up recently, so I've forgotten a handful of things I used to have a slightly better grasp on.) Good to know about Direct Damage, though.

Anyway, I'm slowly poking my way around, starting with the console forum. We'll see what happens.