My level 157 Dryad bitten and leeched to death in Niobium

Holy **** ...

I'm so, so, so sorry to hear about that Gogo. That Dryad was amazing and I didn't know what could ever kill her. Well, here goes the answer - a bug. It's so unfair to rock every map with a well-built char just to succumb to a stupid bug like that.

That thing can really take the wind out of someone's sales... but it can also be a motivation to make a new char.

You may want to consider making a full LL% build, gogo. At least that's build cannot be killed, and farming bosses isn't much of a problem. A level each hour or so (over 125), less at lower levels. Some "sticking to the safe limits" might be prudent in such an occasion.

EDIT: BTW, Gogo, you're not alone in your pain... I feel as if all my chars are dead now, because the installation woes that Sacred 2 brings me every time are back...

Edited by Dobri

The demon champs being bugged explains why they went from being hardly a problem in vanilla to something to dread in Ice and Blood. Fighting with hand on space bar there is essential... and I only play softcore. But death still sux there too, its just no final (though I hardly ever play dead characetrs after they die, losing SB makes it hardly worth the effort).

It sux to hear Gogo but you will grow from it :D

Ayuh

It took me a few days, lol...no Sacred 2 this weekend...but I got in touch with family again, and after a long sojourn from good curried goodness and punches from nephews I'm in good spirits and ready to give another build a go.

Looking at the forum here for some build ideas being thrown out for the new 165 bargainer, and I'm ready to stir up trouble again in Ancaria.

rawr

:(

gogo

Gogo, here's a simple guardian farmer build for you:

Seraphim

Celestial set + Endijian wings

Shuriken + Glacial Defender Shield

Build:

Ranged Weapons - faster shuriken attacks

Armor Lore - wear better sets

Exalted Focus - to quickly mod battle stance, dashing alacrity and pelting strikes

Constitution - for more HP, just in case

Toughness - better Damage Mitigation

Shield Lore - wear better Glacial Defenders + Better chance to block + Better def rating

Enhanced Perception - items FTW

Bargaining - the necessary skill

2 free skills (currently mine are revered focus + concentration, but I find them unnecessary)

-> so I would suggest... hold on to something...

--> Speed lore - adds atk/def rating, might save you a few precious mods for more + All skills or more + XP per kill

--> Alchemy - makes the strong mentor pot last through the entire run

Masteries obtained in this order:

Armor Lore/Exalted Focus/Constitution - by level 75

Ranged Weapons - by level 80

Toughness - by level 95 or so

Shield lore - by level 110

Then master Bargaining and the other skills.

Sockets:

half of the sockets - + All Skills/- opponent chance to evade/XP per kill

the other half - +XP per kill/+opponent chance cannot evade attacks

-> BUT do not go way over 100% chance to hit the nameless guardians, or your wasting your mods.

What does this build have:

- big damage mitigation

- big blocking

- enough HP

- some reflection and evasion

- fast levelups

- great LL%, which means invulnerability - at level 130 I have 4%, which drops a guardian in less than a minute without suffering any damage

Now simply grind the guardians till level 165 and never worry about dying. That's what I do to get my shopper to level 140 and I get a level every hour or so alone. In my opinion, this is the safest way to get a shopper to level 165 without dying and get a bunch of legendaries in the process. Oh, and not to mention less playing time. I don't feel any pleasure in having to grind various areas for 3-4 hours to get a level...

In the end, I think I'm going to post that build as a full guide someday, since it's tried and true :(

Edited by Dobri
Gogo, here's a simple guardian farmer build for you:

Seraphim

Celestial set + Endijian wings

Shuriken + Glacial Defender Shield

Build:

Ranged Weapons - faster shuriken attacks

Armor Lore - wear better sets

Exalted Focus - to quickly mod battle stance, dashing alacrity and pelting strikes

Constitution - for more HP, just in case

Toughness - better Damage Mitigation

Shield Lore - wear better Glacial Defenders + Better chance to block + Better def rating

Enhanced Perception - items FTW

Bargaining - the necessary skill

2 free skills (currently mine are revered focus + concentration, but I find them unnecessary)

-> so I would suggest... hold on to something...

--> Speed lore - adds atk/def rating, might save you a few precious mods for more + All skills or more + XP per kill

--> Alchemy - makes the strong mentor pot last through the entire run

Masteries obtained in this order:

Armor Lore/Exalted Focus/Constitution - by level 75

Ranged Weapons - by level 80

Toughness - by level 95 or so

Shield lore - by level 110

Then master Bargaining and the other skills.

Sockets:

half of the sockets - + All Skills/- opponent chance to evade/XP per kill

the other half - +XP per kill/+opponent chance cannot evade attacks

-> BUT do not go way over 100% chance to hit the nameless guardians, or your wasting your mods.

What does this build have:

- big damage mitigation

- big blocking

- enough HP

- some reflection and evasion

- fast levelups

- great LL%, which means invulnerability - at level 130 I have 4%, which drops a guardian in less than a minute without suffering any damage

Now simply grind the guardians till level 165 and never worry about dying. That's what I do to get my shopper to level 140 and I get a level every hour or so alone. In my opinion, this is the safest way to get a shopper to level 165 without dying and get a bunch of legendaries in the process. Oh, and not to mention less playing time. I don't feel any pleasure in having to grind various areas for 3-4 hours to get a level...

In the end, I think I'm going to post that build as a full guide someday, since it's tried and true :D

That sounds like a fun build definetly would like to see a guide someday too. :(

Give it a go :( It's a level 200 guaranteed. I did it in SP, I'll do it in Closed net as well (hopefully all the way to 200 as well), as soon as I'm done leveling my shopper (which is 90% based on this build as well) to 140 to support this build properly.

As for the guide, I'll conjure up one in the next few days :D

Edited by Dobri

I am starting to wonder if the dryad is predisposed to 1 hit deaths. I just lost my level 52 staff dryad in Crystal region. I was aware of the instant death bug there, but had always heard everyone came back alive after restart. I was doing really well, 1 hit and everything in range was going down. I got to the area with the cross section quest and started really bringing in the xp. when all of a sudden, after a successful shot I saw all the xp, all the LL% lines and a glimps of my health going from full to empty and down I went. No big deal I thought, don't panic. just exit and restart and everything should be o.k.

Nope.... she was dead. I don't remember any bad reflect in there, although my damage isn't that high, multiple reflects might hurt me. I just don't get this one. I had full health, and my detheya's set was LL'ing all the health I needed......

I can only guess it was one of the Crystal Boars that reflected your LL% damage, I have never fought against them with LL% weapons and have always been able to re-enter after my false deaths.

Crystal Boars have LL themself so it seems that you got hit by a double dose of LL that killed you for real.

SADface D:

And they won't change it, either, huh? Sadness...

That's a nasty bug to watch out for, though! Thanks for the heads up - she did not die in vain, right?

*hugs and extra hugs*

~Jaggy