Attack Speed Caps at 150 or 220?

I've read on the Wiki that attack speed caps at 220, but then I've heard elsewhere that it caps at 150. However...some skills like Ranged Weapons increases attack speed, up to +75% at level 200. How would that work out if the cap is at 150? Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks!

I've read on the Wiki that attack speed caps at 220, but then I've heard elsewhere that it caps at 150. However...some skills like Ranged Weapons increases attack speed, up to +75% at level 200. How would that work out if the cap is at 150? Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks!

Spunky and slevin are both correct, the 220% you are reading refers to sacred 1, you have to be careful when you search for pages on the wiki that what you end reading is from sacred 2, because there is alot on there referring to the original.

And not knowing if the poster plays AddOn or Consoles: combinations use either casting speed or weapon speed...

And consoles won't have left and right clicks :)

And not knowing if the poster plays AddOn or Consoles: combinations use either casting speed or weapon speed...

And consoles won't have left and right clicks :)

Thanks for the reply, guys. I just checked again, and I was mistakenly looking at the Sacred 1 pages before. I have the PC version and have Ice & Blood as well. On the PC versions, the combos correctly use casting speed or weapon speed, right?

What I don't get then is if attack speed caps at 150%, why that example I gave of a level 200 Ranged Weapons giving +75% AS. It seems like a waste.

Attack speed from weapon lores also boosts up your casting speed of your weapon related combat arts, so if you have gone way over the maximum Combat Art level without penalty you will get decreased casting speed.

Then those 75% could come in handy.

Attack speed from weapon lores also boosts up your casting speed of your weapon related combat arts, so if you have gone way over the maximum Combat Art level without penalty you will get decreased casting speed.

Then those 75% could come in handy.

Ahaaaaaa! NOW I get it.

How much decrease do you get per level?

No idea, as I have never paid much attention of how much it decreases with each Combat Art level over the max allowed one without penalty.

But I can throw out the numbers I see on my Shadow Warrior:

With Rousing Command at level 119 and the max level without penalty at 84 my casting speed is at 133.1%.

This is with Hafted Weapons Mastery that gives me 66.5% attack/casting speed.

Ah, I see. I just checked though, and my attack speed is currently, say, 120%. However, the "Combat Art execution speed" of my Darting Assault/Ravaged Impact is only 100% or so...it doesn't seem to have the bonus from my attack speed. I mean...I don't see any noticeable casting speed of these two arts at all, since it seems to be instantaneous, but I was curious since you mentioned it.

Edit, I did some playing around, I think I figured it out. You're right in that only attack speed from weapon lores boost execution speed. The item bonus/sinister predator bonus wasn't being factored in. I should read more carefully -.-

Edited by cloudblade70
I just checked though, and my attack speed is currently, say, 120%. However, the "Combat Art execution speed" of my Darting Assault/Ravaged Impact is only 100% or so...it doesn't seem to have the bonus from my attack speed.

Correct. Higher Execution speed or casting speed will make the Darting Assault animate faster. Taking Ranged Lore or boosting your Attack Speed via weapons will boost your left click attacks. Since a Dryad can run both left click and right click at the same time... it is like having two well maintained gun turets on your wonderbabe that can mow things down quickly. Best Attack Speed will give you three left click attacks per cycle of Darting Assault if you are holding both buttons down and have properly taken care of your left click attacks.

:)

gogo

Correct. Higher Execution speed or casting speed will make the Darting Assault animate faster. Taking Ranged Lore or boosting your Attack Speed via weapons will boost your left click attacks. Since a Dryad can run both left click and right click at the same time... it is like having two well maintained gun turets on your wonderbabe that can mow things down quickly. Best Attack Speed will give you three left click attacks per cycle of Darting Assault if you are holding both buttons down and have properly taken care of your left click attacks.

:oooo:

gogo

Say what, now? Regular attacks at the same time as Combat Art attacks? DNC (does not compute)