Your unluckiest lucky find?

My level 60 something inquisitor kills the garganthropod, I find not one but TWO set pieces...for the dryad (which I hadn't even created at that point).

My first time killing the white griffin after hearing it drops set pieces, I did it on bronze with my level 32 temple gaurdian(my first character ever!) and wipe him out in seconds...he dropped 58 gold, lesson learned: always get enhanced perception or +chance to find valuables

ah good old memories, or perhaps bad ones? O.o

more recently, my inquisitor solos the wild boar on gold, he drops 4 set pieces, all for the seraphim at a level I'll never reach with her, luckily my friend has just such a seraphim and gets all the loot... x.x not so unlucky, but I guess pretty bad none the less.

I could go on like this for days but these two stand out the most in my mind as probably the worst luck I've ever had, aside from going through silver from level 1-40 and not picking up a single set piece, let alone 'decent' weapon. Inquisitors need enhanced perception badly. :D

Me and my friend decide to fight the Griffin. I stocked us up with plenty of potions but our gear was terrible (both level 7) not sure why but we fought this thing for a good 15-20 minutes. I was curious the whole time as to what it would drop and when it was finally killed I got to celebrate with a whopping 200 gold.

Hint Hint...get a character that is very powerful that can drop a boss in 2-4 hits and you guys will be amazed at the drops you get...basically, less hits to kill a boss = better drops...Anyway, wouldn't exactly call it unlucky but this was a pain...One time I was hunting for Armantins set pieces with a Shadow Warrior & I was farming the White Griffin & Raging Boar and I kept either A) getting a bunch of Eternal Silence & Infernal Torment set pieces which I already had or B) Picked up a bunch of set pieces for an Inquisitor which was my main character at the time...

Edited by Skylar Cb
Hint Hint...get a character that is very powerful that can drop a boss in 2-4 hits and you guys will be amazed at the drops you get...basically, less hits to kill a boss = better drops...Anyway, wouldn't exactly call it unlucky but this was a pain...One time I was hunting for Armantins set pieces with a Shadow Warrior & I was farming the White Griffin & Raging Boar and I kept either A) getting a bunch of Eternal Silence & Infernal Torment set pieces which I already had or B) Picked up a bunch of set pieces for an Inquisitor which was my main character at the time...

Quite true but these were memories from long ago(at least 6 months for me), and even with killing in one or two hits luck has a major part to play. Hence these are the Unluckiest moments ^.^

I've been playing for a few days now and have been using my Dryad to farm the white griffon. I keep on getting the same set items over and over for the Dryad and Seraphim but never a complete set.

Hehehe... Last night, I get killed by 4th guardian, then within 5 mins, I find a Cowl of Carthisis (5-channel armour for Inquisitor). Perfect! Awesome! Exactly what I needed! 2 minutes later. game freezes (I forgot to save the find).

I'm laughing at myself, now... but not last night.

I'm sure this isn't news to people. When you complete a quest, you have a chance of a an item drop... sometimes.

The more quests you complete in a session (if freeplay) then the higher the small chance of getting a drop.

Many times I've have dropped "Circle of Life" at low character levels. Woo hoo. An unique that gives +1 Vitality and +1 to something else (Constitution maybe?). Worth about 428 gp at the Trader's. I first got very excited about the name... and then looked at the stats. Unique, but nothing to write home about.

I'm sure this isn't news to people. When you complete a quest, you have a chance of a an item drop... sometimes.

The more quests you complete in a session (if freeplay) then the higher the small chance of getting a drop.

Many times I've have dropped "Circle of Life" at low character levels. Woo hoo. An unique that gives +1 Vitality and +1 to something else (Constitution maybe?). Worth about 428 gp at the Trader's. I first got very excited about the name... and then looked at the stats. Unique, but nothing to write home about.

Sigh...circle of life and begulor's sparkles have dropped so many times for me from quests at low levels its not funny. However, last time I played I got 5 set drops in about 15mins from normal mobs. 4 of them were boots of the Demiurge at the same level :gun2:

Sigh...circle of life and begulor's sparkles have dropped so many times for me from quests at low levels its not funny. However, last time I played I got 5 set drops in about 15mins from normal mobs. 4 of them were boots of the Demiurge at the same level :)

Argh! I've seen this exact thing. My buddy got 4 Demiurge boots in one play-session (2-3 hours, I think). All level 60.

Sparkles/circle same as getting an Atamark's Star in Silver (+2 Vitality, woo-hoo). First unique that dropped for me after I defragged.

• 7 months later...

So I thought I'd be clever and try to scam the game by reloading aftert my 4* class quest trying to get a different/better item, it auto-saved the quest and erased the loot it gave me. Man I so deserved that.

Once I got Faldail's Eye in three consecutive containers, that was lame.

So I thought I'd be clever and try to scam the game by reloading aftert my 4* class quest trying to get a different/better item, it auto-saved the quest and erased the loot it gave me. Man I so deserved that.

Once I got Faldail's Eye in three consecutive containers, that was lame.

That made me laugh pretty hard, maybe im tired, idk.. and I got nothing to contribute with since I forget all my bad experiences (keeps me sane), so I guess this post makes me a spammer... my bad.

Also had to just make a reply to something, recently found this website again after going from Sacred 2 on PS3 > Sacred 2 on PC :DD updating as im typing ;)

Heya,

farming over 200 Guardians for a Legendary and finding one of the many crappy ones!

Always consider those unlucky lucky..... at best that is :D

Greetz

How bout plain old unlucky...farming for about the same number of runs, finding a legendary relic in silver (so no mf bonus) then finding nothing for 800 more kills and then the toon dies... :( was a while ago...my legendary farmers since have been more lucky.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Heya,

farming over 200 Guardians for a Legendary and finding one of the many crappy ones!

Greetz

How bout plain old unlucky...farming for about the same number of runs, finding a legendary relic in silver (so no mf bonus) then finding nothing for 800 more kills and then the toon dies... :( was a while ago...my legendary farmers since have been more lucky.

DB vs. Barri 1-0 ;)

Greetz

Well, I did have another story along this topic recently...

Looking for a new weapon for my Bot, I get a :drool: sword from the Guardians (in Gold):

180(?)-200 damage

Chance for Serious Open Wounds (requires Sword Lore Mastery)

Opponent level for Deathblow ~32%

and 2 silver slots.

I stash it in the chest as I was only 73 at the time, so a couple of levels and I can pump swords to 75 (with sandbagged points), and the DB will be about 60% with 2 more DB rings slotted.

I jump into Platinum to test the waters and to setup portals for bosskilling... and I get <drumroll>

Serpent's Tounge. :yay:

(I forget) - 280 damage,

Chance to reflect: Close Combat

1 gold and 1 silver slot.

WOW. +80 base damage, yesplease! Saves me 74 points in Sword Lore, which I use to finish my Focus mastery, and points leftover for more defensive skill boosting.

EDIT: I put three ? in a row where I have (I forget) and the forum auto-corrects that to :) Cool! now I can put :) and really confuse people 'cause if you type it you get :)

Edited by essjayehm

Heya,

Greetz

DB vs. Barri 1-0 ;)

Greetz

Thats one that I would have preferred losing ;)