Editing a picture taken

When I take a picture in game it comes out as a .tga file. what program can I use to edit and crop pictures that I take with the Print Screen button? Or is there a way to change the default picture taking program to a .jpg?

I think the easiest way would be to not use the TGA at all. When you press print screen the screen image is saved to your clipboard. You could open Paint and press CTRL+v to paste the image into Paint. Then right click on the image-->choose crop from the menu, hold down left mouse button and drag across image the part you want to save, right click on image and choose crop again and then choose save from the menu up top. :)

Thanks buddy. But ummmm I'm searching now and can't find clipboard. I'm running vista if that helps. And how would I not use .tga to begin with. My system isn't uber powerful to run programs in the background like Fraps that I have tryed. It bogged me down to an uncomfortable fps.

Thanks woody. Just downloaded that program. Looks like theres alot to learn to get the hang of it but it looks like this will work for me. Thanks buddy! :)

Now I can get some pics of my Ultimate Warrior stats and post them into the build.

Edited by Furian67
Thanks buddy. But ummmm I'm searching now and can't find clipboard. I'm running vista if that helps. And how would I not use .tga to begin with. My system isn't uber powerful to run programs in the background like Fraps that I have tryed. It bogged me down to an uncomfortable fps.

Clipboard is just a spot in memory. you can't find it. in this case it will hold only 1 pic at a time. so after the prnt scrn you have to alt tab to the desktop. right clip and add new bitmap image. then open the new file and rightclick:paste. there you'll see your screen capture. then save as: to file of type .jpg and you can use the tools in paint to crop or what every you want.

Or as Spunky says, use fraps or xfire which will automatically save as jpg. but you'll still need a program to edit. if you upload to photobucket there is an edit feature that is simple and will allow you to crop right from the website.

The absolute simplest way for me is ifranview. It's a five second download free from net. I press print view, then snap ifran view open and press CTR V

Pic is there to be saved, renamed and or uploaded to bucket.

Ifran view is super light and I love the way it snaps open so quickly:

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

:)

gogo

Gogo does this program allow you to take pics of say the sigma tool tip? The regular windows print screen won't take a pic of the tool tip.

ahy hahaa!

So different from when we were running the trader eh?

That wonderbabe could burn through pots like money. It's funny cuz with this new build, I was enjoying it so much , I was taking my time so I could enjoy the levels instead of having them go by too fast.

I hope you give iranview a try, it's so simple, powerful and the way it works... so quick

:)

gogo

I use schots method but don't use paint to crop the images.

I hit print screen, alt tab to desktop, open paint & save as jpg in a folder I have just for pictures and then use acdsee (Here) to edit them how I want. I know there are free viewers but I am just used to this program after so many years. I then upload to photobucket and use that link to upload.

adviceforforums.jpg

I just used irfanview that Gogo suggested and it works great, nice and easy. Also figured out what I was doing wrong. Updated my Ultimate Warrior with some Buff Suit evidence.

yay... go ifran view... or as Brad says...Urf an view :)

Furian, watch, you're going to become the bigest paparazzi... taking and editing pix adds so much more sweetness to the forum life.

I'm just happy you got it all going, and it's what you want

Crabcakes...on the house!

crab-crack-bucket-l.jpg

:lol:

gogo

Crabcakes....ohhh man its been so long since I had some of that. I used to live in Maryland and get them all the time.