Belated Intro...

Hi all. I thought I'd better get around to posting something as I've been inactive since joining DarkMatters other than reading all the info!

I was trying to create an avatar which is a pretty lame reason for not posing a thing, so I've gone one of the defaults for now.

I played the original Sacred on PC way back which I loved as it was similar to Diablo. Yes, it had bugs (as does Sacred 2) but the good far outweighed the bad.

I am playing Sacred 2 on the Xbox360 (it is about time they got a game like this for the console!) when I can - it's hard to juggle game time with work and the wife (those of you who are married know what I mean) so no Niob characters for me yet!

I am constantly amazed by how complex the customization is, yet how simple the base game is. Thank god for forums like this as I've created a lot, lot more characters than I've kept!

Other than gaming (which is pretty darn obvious) I enjoy reading, music, X-rated activities and beer. Combining more than one of those interests can be... interesting.

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Excellent introduction Kristian!

Welcome to Dark Matters

p.s. you should take Combat Discipline to get the full advantage of those Combo activities! :eek:

p.s.s. I can't believe I just made a gaming joke out of your intro, I am turning into a gamer geek! :biggrin:

No dramas loco - I guess it makes me a geek if I get the joke.

P.S. If only you'd told me that sooner... I went with Riding :eek:

Not so useful for that reading and beer combo! :biggrin:

No, that would require Concentration!

However, riding is useful for... well, use your imagination :biggrin:

Man, I'm gonna stop - starting to sound like an adoloscent who's just grown his first pube.

No, that would require Concentration!

However, riding is useful for... well, use your imagination :biggrin:

Man, I'm gonna stop - starting to sound like an adoloscent who's just grown his first pube.

Yep we tip toed around that one about as far as we can.

cheers and good gaming to ya!

Hi all. I thought I'd better get around to posting something as I've been inactive since joining DarkMatters other than reading all the info!

I was trying to create an avatar which is a pretty lame reason for not posing a thing, so I've gone one of the defaults for now.

I played the original Sacred on PC way back which I loved as it was similar to Diablo. Yes, it had bugs (as does Sacred 2) but the good far outweighed the bad.

I am playing Sacred 2 on the Xbox360 (it is about time they got a game like this for the console!) when I can - it's hard to juggle game time with work and the wife (those of you who are married know what I mean) so no Niob characters for me yet!

I am constantly amazed by how complex the customization is, yet how simple the base game is. Thank god for forums like this as I've created a lot, lot more characters than I've kept!

Other than gaming (which is pretty darn obvious) I enjoy reading, music, X-rated activities and beer. Combining more than one of those interests can be... interesting.

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Excellent intro! I love it when people take some time to write a bit about themselves. It' a great way of meeting up quickly with the gang, we get to see who else out there is as much in love with gaming as we are :eek:

Do you like working with images... that why you wanted to make an avatar? And on an interesting note... all those Sacred 2 Avatars were custom made by Schot and were taken on by Ascaron as the official Sacred 2 default Avatars for the Sacred International Forum :biggrin:

I'm happy you found us, we're a little bit of gaming nirvana full of nice peeps and heavy gamers. Enjoy Sacred 2, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

p.s. nice font btw

After what I just read...I'm not sure what to say.

Speechless which is rare indeed!

Welcome, Enjoy the game mechanics which involve Riding?

nope that doesnt work either... :biggrin:

I remain, :eek:

Do you like working with images... that why you wanted to make an avatar?

I'm actually a graphic designer and freelance artist - obviously a rather lazy one! I was going to use some of my artwork for my avatar, but being a bit of a perfectionist, I haven't been happy with any so far!

Cheers to Schot for taking the work (temporarily) out of my hands!

Wow when you come out of the "Lurkers" closet you really go all out. must have been keeping all these great posts locked up for quite some time. :)

Enjoy and great to read your thoughts,

loco

Wow when you come out of the "Lurkers" closet you really go all out. must have been keeping all these great posts locked up for quite some time. :)

Enjoy and great to read your thoughts,

loco

Us aussies are always like that :) Welcome to the forums though Kristian. Hope you enjoy the stay.

Lol...thats how you stereotype us? The vegemite lovers?

rflmao...all I can picture is "Crocodile Dundee". I know it is an odd stereotype. But it makes me giggle when I read your posts when I imagine Paul Hogan speaking the words.

Welcome Kristian! sounds like a norwegian/scandinavian name BTW.

And when I are on the subject, who where these norwegians that populated these boards? I know of only two that is from Norway that have been here a couple of years now.

Thanks all for the (mostly kind) welcome :evil:

Spunky - my mother is Danish/Latvian so yes, my name is Scandinavian based. However, my father is Australian with Scottish roots.

To top it all off, I'm adopted from Vietnam with anonymous birth parents so my actual heritage is :)

Everyone tries to claim me, apparently I have an African nose, Mexican features, Asian hair with an Italian hairline and could be part Indian when I'm tanned...

So a true international man of mystery!

P.S. Vegemite rocks!