Any good bow based builds?

I guess that there really aren't any "truly" bow-based builds, are there? The ranged character, Dryad, has the Blowgun, which is so far and away more powerful because there is no "flight time" for the projectiles. Shurikens are the only ranged weapon with Life Leeched from Opponents x%, as well as being able to use a shield with them and a high fire rate, makes them more desireable for most people.

Aside from the obvious, and taking an established build and substituting a bow for blowgun/shuriken, I guess you could look for the bows you want to use (I am assuming you got a chest full of 'em and want to put them to some use?) and try to plan out a build from the modifiers available on them.

Not much love for the bow in Sacred 2, I have noticed.

They do however make very good substitutes for melee characters, if you feel threatened by powerful enemies.

I.e. Sit back with CTRL held down pelting a boss with a melee class, instead of getting in for melee and possible death :whistle:

I usually always have a bow or energy weapon on a slot for some particular bosses.

Like why fight the garganthropod, and risk a death when u can sit just outside his 'alert' range and whack it down with a bow.

Some may call it cowardice, I call it tact!

Yes, no just pure bow builds for me too. My melee elves don't use any weapon skill, so they fight with what ever weapon they like: axes, polearms, sword and shield or even a bow.

They do however make very good substitutes for melee characters, if you feel threatened by powerful enemies.

I.e. Sit back with CTRL held down pelting a boss with a melee class, instead of getting in for melee and possible death :D

I usually always have a bow or energy weapon on a slot for some particular bosses.

Like why fight the garganthropod, and risk a death when u can sit just outside his 'alert' range and whack it down with a bow.

Some may call it cowardice, I call it tact!

I was gonna echo in on this the same way. Best ranged class in game has the best ranged weapon, the blow pipe. It's just a matter of balancing regen (ha, as if you have to , just eat one rune you'll be fine) and it's mostly about piling on damage. Easy, mono-focused... relaxing.

It would be interesting to set up an alternate class ranged build... in that case then yes, you would start looking at comparisons tween the other ranged weapons out there. Bow and Energy sticks would become interesting at that point...Zinsho has done a comparison table here in the wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Ranged_Weapons

As Scott posted, check out ranged unlock bonuses (list at the bottom of the link's page I put up ) ...maybe there is something there you would like to work with as a non dryad ranged toon.

Good luck

:bounce:

gogo

Thanks for the input. I may start messing around with a couple of builds to see if I can find one that I like.

I love bow characters in the dungeons.....feels like I am holding back an army with just me, my box and a doorway.

I've been building a veiled ranged shadow warrior which would work with a bow, but I've tried both bows and 2H energy weapons and the energy weapons do a lot more damage. I can give you a high level skill overview if you are interested, I made it to niob in closed net HC at level 70 so he has no problems staying alive or boss killing

It's true. I ran a ranged SW for a wee while... and found that kill speed was faster with energy weps for the Shadow Warrior than other rangeds.

:)

gogo

Attack speed at 150% with frenzied rampage is awesome :gun2:

gogo, did you use your Khral's Sceptre on your ranged SW? I would love to see the damage that thing puts out for boss killing.

Ah ha, you remember the drop!

lol, no I never got to use it with him.. I deleted the toon I think around in the sixties or something...but with that new Legendary,it could be interesting ^^

:gun2:

gogo