Lang's Farewell - Legendary that dropped from mob on Dryad Island!

So... risk/reward is still in line. Most dangerous enemies have best drop chances (however miniscule the drop chance is).

I was excited by the orange colour of the name. [My only orange drop is boneslicer. :)]

That's crazy gogo! the nameless are easier than dryad isle? shiza! I've done a lot of tests vs. the nameless in niob, and they can pack incredible damage (over 30k per hit on some chars)! the dryad isle must've been really altered by the expansion that I've not noticed yet.

Cheers,

heh, well it's because it's easy to get the guardians down to a rote sequence. We all know the elements in order, and how to run the path through, so that the precise guardian wakes up at the right time, and we can flip up our relic holder. Once you get that pattern, it can become more familiar.

The problem with this area in the dryads, is that that dang totem is doing a hefty chunk of damage :eek: And... there is chaos factor... the shamans are particularly good with their vining, and this on top of the totem is pretty dangerous. And...the spheres are doing hefty damage as well... so it's like I'm having to flip my relics back and forth tween poison and blue is way harder than having everything planned in advance. As well, I haven't put any points in Armor yet... so I'll keep this area for when my toon more rounds out.

Till then... I'm gonna put Blood Dryad Shamans on hold

:)

gogo

Well, only real help I can offer is if you're doing the HE... try laying an expulse down, with mod 3a banish direct spells...

Totems gone, fen fire attacks gone, ca attacks gone, everything gone except a few whacks from melee, which crystal skin easily takes care of :eek:

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

The actual band members themselves are danger class 10, the highest class, and yeah pointless as you can't kill em ;)

For barganing affecting quest rewards, I don't believe it can be one that auto-completes, ala mini bosses, and it must be four star or better, and you must have barganing mastery unlocked, which at mastery gives better quest rewards. the chance from four or better star quests is VERY low, but all legendaries are possible I believe.

That's crazy gogo! the nameless are easier than dryad isle? shiza! I've done a lot of tests vs. the nameless in niob, and they can pack incredible damage (over 30k per hit on some chars)! the dryad isle must've been really altered by the expansion that I've not noticed yet.

Cheers,

Hmmm...so running the blood forest again and again is the way to go :)

Well, only real help I can offer is if you're doing the HE... try laying an expulse down, with mod 3a banish direct spells...

Totems gone, fen fire attacks gone, ca attacks gone, everything gone except a few whacks from melee, which crystal skin easily takes care of ;)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Haha...you have an answer for every situation :eek:

Totems gone, fen fire attacks gone, ca attacks gone, everything gone except a few whacks from melee, which crystal skin easily takes care of :)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Really good strategy

Elegant and simple

:eek:

gogo

To elaborate just a pinch on expulse, it stacks its boni like other debuff/buff spells, so with mod 3a 'block direct magic attacks' (which is just chance to block Combat Arts, it will show up in the sigma, and beside the combat arts listing in F menu) this can be stacked.... like to absurd levels.

Like having almost 1000% chance to block Combat Arts. Yeah.

Also, like hallowed restoration, its good to slap it in a combo, and then you never forget to have it up.

It blocks darned near everything, those freaky LL% attacks, the Kobold Chieftans stone throw, pretty much everything, again with mod 3a.

Cheers,

EDIT* and if you want to get really shnazzy, take the 'pentagram' mod, and you can stack -detremental effects with it, nullifying most of the threat from dots, weaking attacks etc. It EVEN protects from having your own spells reflected back at you! (gotta be really high though to match your powa!)

Edited by r00ster
To elaborate just a pinch on expulse, it stacks its boni like other debuff/buff spells, so with mod 3a 'block direct magic attacks' (which is just chance to block Combat Arts, it will show up in the sigma, and beside the combat arts listing in F menu) this can be stacked.... like to absurd levels.

Also, like hallowed restoration, its good to slap it in a combo, and then you never forget to have it up.

It blocks darned near everything, those freaky LL% attacks, the Kobold Chieftans stone throw, pretty much everything, again with mod 3a.

Cheers,

EDIT* and if you want to get really shnazzy, take the 'pentagram' mod, and you can stack -detremental effects with it, nullifying most of the threat from dots, weaking attacks etc. It EVEN protects from having your own spells reflected back at you! (gotta be really high though to match your powa!)

Full of informative information. Thank You for your insight!

Wish you had the time to be more active, as a side note*

I remain, Etherian

Cheers,

I remain, Etherian

Welp, thanks.

Am actually fully functional for now, I am usually on the HC servers again!

Edited by r00ster

Cheers,

I remain, Etherian

Welp, thanks.

Am actually fully functional for now, I am usually on the HC servers again!

I will definetly keep an eye open for your name. I am assuming somewhere in your char. name there resides *r00ster*?

Also, which difficulty? Currently my highest toon is level 67 in Gold. She could be easily pushed into Plat. as she is tanking everything.

I remain, curious

EDIT: *not to highjack the original thread* *sorry gogo*

Edited by Etherian

Found 2 legendaries today in the Dryad region, one from the Gyrvim dragon and one from a champ tree spirit. Up until today I had only found 1 other legendary total. Unfortunately they were both the same item and both sacred relics of antidote :)

Larvi, that's awesome! Even if they are relics, they are still high end drops. Will you keep hunting in that area? My own build is finally getting to a level where I can start putting some points in def and other assorted niceties like Delphic to boost up the power of Expulse Magic... getting fitted to go up against that nasty little corner of the world soon.

:)

gogo

Gogo, your fire elf will do wonders against the fen fires in the region. They are wide open to fire and poison damage, and with some nice cold ice relics on you should be good to go :)

gogo, yep, I'll definitely be running the area more, especially the dragon since you can farm it many times in a row without starting a new server. It is exciting to start seeing those orange drops and hope they continue for this char. It is the first char I've had with EP mastery, not sure if that helped or not but going to keep pumping up the MF level on this char. The 2 sacred relics did have a boost to MF so that is nice.

The 2 sacred relics did have a boost to MF so that is nice.

Those relics w/ duel mod MF are a true find. If they spawned as fire based, would be kind of ironic to use them against the same beast which 1 dropped.

I remain, :bye: