6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Play a video game until passout
    • buy stuff that makes you sleep
    • I'm a teenager, no prob here
    • I don't sleep
    • I just plob down on my bed and I'm a sleep
    • Other....

I think that this would be good for everybody to use and exchange ideas about how to get the best nights sleep, or what not to do. Without having to go out and buy stuff just to get sleep.

EDIT: I put this in the wrong spot, gogo, want to put this in the bar for me pleasssssssssssssse?! :):bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Edited by daemonrocks23

Hi Nickolas

I'm kind of lucky, never had a problem falling asleep. I know it's a terrifying problem if you can't, can become chronic... so I'm grateful everytime I hit the pillow and I wake up eight hours later... unless I have to play Sacred :)

I do like eating a little something before eating, pleasant feeling, doesn't really matter what it is.

:bow:

gogo

I'm pretty good at sleeping. Never really have any problems.

My girlfriend has lots of issues though and she wakes at the drop of a hat. She has recently been listening to Pzizz, which is a mix of relaxing music and noises.. or so I am let to believe, I have never made it past the introduction :)

The best advice for sleeping is to sanction your bedroom as a sleeping only area. Remove anything distracting, like computers/tvs/etc. This will force your brain to associate the area with sleep and nothing else.

Well I know you said without having to go out and buy stuff. But I have found many "sleep aids" to be overly strong and make you so sleepy then next day they seem to loom over your head like a fog the next day.

I work as a production supervisor on evening shift. We have daily deadlines that must be met. if not we must re-run the entire job the next day(plus the next days work), or pay tens of thousands of dollars in fines to get our jobs out after the cut-off time.

Needless to say, I go home at 11:00 P.M. with lots of busy stuff running in my head. I try to relax by reading posts on FDM, and playing a little sacred 2. but I still find myself laying awake half the night unable to sleep after going to bed, then the alarm goes off after 4-5 hours sleep and I just have to force myself back into the shower and off for another days work. long days too I might add.

Well a while back a friend had recommended a supplement called Melatonin. It is a stress relief/ sleep aid. It contains no antihistamines like other over the counter sleep aids. I tried it a few times on nights I should have been sleeping but wanted to stay awake and it didn't seem to "affect" me. so I put it aside and figured I just blew $10 on nothing.

So, recently I was discussing my trouble getting good rest with my boss and his boss. and the subject of Melatonin came up again. And so I decided to try again. Now when I get home from work I get a glass of water, and my Melatonin pill and sit at the computer for about an hour to "relax". about 45 minutes before I want to go lay down I take 1 3mg dose. now when I go to lay down to sleep I am out within 20-30 minutes of laying down and the biggest difference is that when I wake up in the morning (before my alarm goes off!)I feel great. like I really got good rest. no "Fog" in my head or overly tired feeling like I used to have. So I will give it a go for a while and see how things feel after a month or so..

p.s. I moved the thread to the Bar for you

Well I'm a teenager so...no issues sleeping for me :) My uni schedule does kinda limit long sleep ins during the week so I get what I can by going to be earlier, very rarely do I not fall straight asleep.

thanks for that loco, I relized that I put it in the wrong place, right after I hit the post button.

What I do is I just lay down, but some time it doesn't work for me

Why pay for sleeping aids, or take unnecessary drugs?

I just play Sacred until I can no longer focus on what I am supposed to be fighting. At which point I switch off and pass out.

Why pay for sleeping aids, or take unnecessary drugs?

I just play Sacred until I can no longer focus on what I am supposed to be fighting. At which point I switch off and pass out.

That works for me too, but then I have to get up for work 3-4 hours later. and that sux

I don't sleep that well at all.

Have a hard time getting to sleep. After that, it's all good :drool:

Hi Nickolas

I'm kind of lucky, never had a problem falling asleep. I know it's a terrifying problem if you can't, can become chronic... so I'm grateful everytime I hit the pillow and I wake up eight hours later... unless I have to play Sacred :P

I do like eating a little something before eating, pleasant feeling, doesn't really matter what it is.

:)

gogo

Yeah, there's something awful about going to bed with that 'empty' feeling in your stomach. :) When I feel the urge to eat something, I try not to eat something cold either. So no ice cream, or anything from the fridge.

I find a glass of 'rooibos tea' with a bit of honey to help out as well. (warm, sweet, but no cafeine)

I'm pretty good at sleeping. Never really have any problems.

My girlfriend has lots of issues though and she wakes at the drop of a hat. She has recently been listening to Pzizz, which is a mix of relaxing music and noises.. or so I am let to believe, I have never made it past the introduction :P

The best advice for sleeping is to sanction your bedroom as a sleeping only area. Remove anything distracting, like computers/tvs/etc. This will force your brain to associate the area with sleep and nothing else.

I should try that. But since I still live at my parents, I can't find a place to put my stuff :bye:

Well I know you said without having to go out and buy stuff. But I have found many "sleep aids" to be overly strong and make you so sleepy then next day they seem to loom over your head like a fog the next day.

I work as a production supervisor on evening shift. We have daily deadlines that must be met. if not we must re-run the entire job the next day(plus the next days work), or pay tens of thousands of dollars in fines to get our jobs out after the cut-off time.

Needless to say, I go home at 11:00 P.M. with lots of busy stuff running in my head. I try to relax by reading posts on FDM, and playing a little sacred 2. but I still find myself laying awake half the night unable to sleep after going to bed, then the alarm goes off after 4-5 hours sleep and I just have to force myself back into the shower and off for another days work. long days too I might add.

Well a while back a friend had recommended a supplement called Melatonin. It is a stress relief/ sleep aid. It contains no antihistamines like other over the counter sleep aids. I tried it a few times on nights I should have been sleeping but wanted to stay awake and it didn't seem to "affect" me. so I put it aside and figured I just blew $10 on nothing.

So, recently I was discussing my trouble getting good rest with my boss and his boss. and the subject of Melatonin came up again. And so I decided to try again. Now when I get home from work I get a glass of water, and my Melatonin pill and sit at the computer for about an hour to "relax". about 45 minutes before I want to go lay down I take 1 3mg dose. now when I go to lay down to sleep I am out within 20-30 minutes of laying down and the biggest difference is that when I wake up in the morning (before my alarm goes off!)I feel great. like I really got good rest. no "Fog" in my head or overly tired feeling like I used to have. So I will give it a go for a while and see how things feel after a month or so..

You've made me curious. I might give that one a try.

I started having trouble sleeping a while back.

So. I used the mayoclinic site to see what the doctors of the USA had to say.

They were recommending a wind-down of about an hour. Eating a banana (has chemicals that help you sleep), drinking a glass of milk (has different chemicals that make you sleep), eating a slice of bread (has different chemicals that help you sleep) {they recommend one of the foods... not all of them!}, brushing your teeth...

They suggest you do nothing exciting (such as avoiding playing Sacred2) in your wind-down.

Further: they suggest afternoon aerobic exercise {I believe this will pump your fat system and move toxins to the exits}.

They suggest to avoid reading some book that really excites you... they frown on reading in bed. They frown on tv in bed too.

Oh--and lying down is always a plus. :)

So. Pretty much a lot of what has been said here already.

Sleeping pills could work for you (they are prescription in Canada)... but you're not supposed to rely on them. Your supposed to develop the good habits on your own.

Edited by FrostElfGuard