Questions regarding Seraphim/Warding Energy/ My build

Ajaxduo

I recently purchased sacred 2 and I have to say I'm loving it, it's so deep! I have had a few trial and errors but atm I am very happy with my dual wield seraphim...tears everything to pieces so far! :D

I play on the xbox 360, so in a way as most games do some aspects of the game vary a little in difficulty. I remade my seraphim due to being unhappy with the mods I made on warding energy (reflect projectiles and reflect spell chance) I prefer more ++ to shield since im usually in the enemies face and so far I haven't regretted it one bit. Anyways, here is my build so far I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight/tips that may help along the way!

Attributes:

Strength : 100%

Skills:

level 02 - Exalted Warrior Focus : I keep it at char level (1st Mastery)

level 03 - Tactics Lore : (5th Mastery) ?

level 05 - Dual Wield : (2nd Mastery) ?

level 08 - Armor Lore : I got 20 points in here and its fine for now :)

level 12 - Concentration : 2 Buffs, why of course ;)

level 18 - Revered Technology Focus : To modify Warding Energy and Divine Protection. - I'm wondering whether to boost this into mastery so I can keep on using runes to level warding energy?

level 25 - Warding Energy Lore : More shield is always a good thing and a % how generous (3rd Mastery) ?

level 35 - Constitution : More health, because if those shields drop I'll be toast. Also I read that in mastery you can regen whilst incombat! (4th Mastery) ?

level 50 - Combat Discipline? I really have no idea, reading about it seems as a quicker lazy way to use skills. the bonus dmg sounds nice though. *unsure*

level 65 - No idea what to choose here, maybe sword lore to unlock sword modifiers? I've heard mixed stories about it though :\

Mods:

Battle Stance

Premonition

Drill - Reduces energy cost of Battle Stance

Retaliation - Chance to reflect close combat damage

Pelting Strikes

Succession - Chance for double hit

Focus - Pelting Strikes requires less energy

Precision - Chance to land critical hits

Soul Hammer

Aim - Chance to land critical hits

Battering - Reduces target's armor

Coup de Grace - Can inflict twice as much damage

Dashing Alacrity

Bloodlust - Further increases attack speed

Delay - Increases duration of Dashing Alacrity

Impatience - Reduces cooldown of Dashing Alacrity

Warding Energy

Field Force

Field Force

Resource - Reduces cost to maintain energy shield

Divine Protection

Capacity - Divine protection lasts longer

Boost - Reduces cooldown of Divine Protection

Improved Mirror - Increases chance to reflect spell damage

Thats what I have so far, I'm really wondering though which 2 extra skills I should pick, whether I should bring Revered Technology Focus into mastery and the order of mastery I should take!

Discuss! :)

EDIT: My topic keeps changing its name by itself everytime I refresh the page! how odd, sorry for any inconvience :\

Edited by Ajaxduo

Heya,

well..... if you work the shield right, you will not be needing Constitution. You could consider taking Toughness and CD.

You can also take a few General skills. EP and Bargaining.... or EP and Divine Devotion.... the latter I would only consider if I had Testa for Deity.

Another option would be Rev Tech Lore, as it does not only boost damage, but shield energy as well.

It seems that the real question is: 'What do you want from the build'. It is pretty solid if you play your cards right.... now for finetuning..... damage, utility....

Greetz

edit: forgot about order of mastery.... I'd go for Mastery of Tactics lore/Armor lore/Warding Energy asap. (level 75)

Edited by Barristan

Thanks :drunkards: well I have taken constitution already but atm my warding energy is nearing 2k it barely ever goes down, although I am on silver (my seraphim is lvl40). I have a dryad that I have EP and bargaining on so I wanted to keep this build pure, as I'm going to play with a friend on live :P Oh I didn't realise that Rev tech focus increased shield! Is there any charts to show how much it increases it by? also is it just + or + %? Thanks for the insights (:

I didn't notice tech lore improving the shield, but I did notice that it improves the damage mitigation provided by the shield. On my 110 caster Seraphim with only 2 defensive skills, I've gone close to 400 flat damage mitigation thanks to revered lore.

So technically, revered lore is well worth the pick. The test seraphim (which is now a real char) also proved that warding lore can substitute constitution, but you do need to pump vitality early on (at least till level 50) to offset the lack of it.

I can also provide some insight into the sword lore pick you were pondering about. I had a similar build to what you are doing and I must say sword lore was a wasted one. It only works of you go for a two-hander with decent life leech on it. Problem is that this two-hander is slow and even though it drops bosses down quite well, it is still a handicap in normal combat, where kill speed makes all the difference. Problem is, I took sword lore as a last pick, while I could have gone for one of the multitude of skills that could supplement my build. In the end, I have a 66 level offensive seraphim I'm not quite ready to play yet, simply because all other chars I've made lately (the caster seraphim, the utility bosskiller and the HE) kill much faster than her.

Yup that's about it. Mitigation improvement on WE, but I do believe it directly increases DP's energy.

On other thing... On PC, the dmg improvement from STR is not worth the points. I do not know how that is on Xbox tho. 'Playing HC, I'd usually go for Vit on the first 50 or so levels and than change to willpower, to increase shield energy.

Good luck with the build!

Greetz

I have around + 500 weapon damage from strength so far, I was going to invest in constitution up to mastery just incase my shields drop ;) seraphim can't regen shields in combat either so thats another reason as to why I took it. Atm I'm having a problem with gaining set items, been farming the griffon and raging boar not a single seraphim drop it's driving me insane :\ all I get is Inquisitor, SW and some Dryad. Beat silver campaign today I deal out 1k really fast so those bosses were wasted in no time, although I was careless and didn't let my shields regen and 1 of the nameless guardian hit me for 964 dmg 3-4 times and I nearly died haha (I knew having all those + hp items would pay off ^^"). I have two skill choices left although im only level 43 so, I'm thinking of Rev tech lore for the extra dmg mitigation. Only problem is the lack of Area of Effect, relying on quick kill speed from pelting strikes it does work but hitting all at once would of been nicer. Which brings to mind maybe investing in Flaring nova? I doubt I will add points into Intelligence though but with the dmg bonus from the rev tech lore and neccesary mods it might be useful, although I've never used it so some advice would be welcome (:

So to sum up my new questions:

Would rev tech lore (more dmg mitigation on shields, and + shield bonus?) which would also allow me to use flaring nova as Area of Effect which I lack, be worth it?

Anyone here play Sacred 2 on xbox live? need a few seraphim sets for my gold playthrough :\

@gogo thank you, I admit I have been lurking around here for quite some time haha this game is just TOO addictive ^_^

Heya,

Nova is a fun CA... used best for crowd control. Does Deathblow still work for spells on Xbox? If so, Nova could really be worth it :D

Had a toon once where I would combo Nova with Pelting.... causes quite the devastation on mobs really :)

Anyways, good luck!

sounds enticing! though I don't have a clue for mods on flaring nova..maybe:

Flaring Nova

Bronze

* Expand - Increases Flaring Nova's radius. (53.8% increase)

* Impulse - Sends out two pulses, but reduces strength and area of effect. (+1 pulse. -30% damage reduction) This

Silver

* Perplex - Opponents temporarily lose their attack power. (40 + 1.5 per CA level decreased attack value)

* Stun - Chance to stun opponents within range. (19.8% + 0.2% per CA level chance) This

Gold

* Flux - Increases Flaring Nova's damage. (66.6% increased magic damage / 28.6% increased overall damage) This

* Laggard - Slows the target down. (25% + 0.5% per CA level decrease)

Thoughts? I'm thinking that 2 waves will = more dmg overall (Area of Effect reduction is abit nasty though) + better chance to stun, im not fussed by slow enemies never get a chance to run from me anyway ^^"

EDIT: just used one rune to get flaring nova looks hella cool, although my level 1 pelting strikes is around 700 max dmg on the CA but on flaring nova its max 250 although it is unmodded. It has + 4 CA level from my set boots and a regen time of 7 seconds, now with the x2 mod thats 500 max and with the Flux mod im guessing around 750 + dmg? sounding better now, although im wondering how I will manage the regen time :\ pelting strikes is easy to regen. Although for flaring since I have like 1.3 regen per hit so x2 would be 2.6 seconds off 7 seconds still doesnt make it spammable in crowds. Maybe it's a skill that becomes powerful as you progress? To be honest though I do need to get my level 50+ set so I get more sockets I still have level 20's equipped with + hp haha.

Edited by Ajaxduo
Go with Impulse, Stun, and Flux. Make the nova pure awesomeness :whistle:

Exactly what I was thinking! :P Just wonderin if I should level it at all (nasty regen though) maybe I need to socket lots of regen per hit. I need like 0.5 rings I only have 0.3 :\

Exactly what I was thinking! :whistle: Just wonderin if I should level it at all (nasty regen though) maybe I need to socket lots of regen per hit. I need like 0.5 rings I only have 0.3 :\

My nova on my last seraphim had a regen time of .5 secs in the combo. If using regen per hit gear, you could easily achieve a 1.5-2 sec nova and be superpowered.

Exactly what I was thinking! :whistle: Just wonderin if I should level it at all (nasty regen though) maybe I need to socket lots of regen per hit. I need like 0.5 rings I only have 0.3 :\

My nova on my last seraphim had a regen time of .5 secs in the combo. If using regen per hit gear, you could easily achieve a 1.5-2 sec nova and be superpowered.

yeah just guess I will have to farm some new gear :P thanks for the tips though!