Way to change the campaign side from Dark to Light by editing the savegame?

Is there a way to change the campaign side from dark to light by editing the savegame?

And if so, what about changing a char from HC to SC?

Thanks in advance! ^^

Yes you can do both of those and much more, however it is frowned upon to say the least and is not for discussion on this forum.

If however you want a savegame editor , you should see this posting, Savegame Editor

This works well with the Ice & Blood expansion patches 2.65.1 & 2.65.2 as well as the unexpanded game 2.43

Edited by locolagarto
Yes you can do both of those and much more, however it is frowned upon to say the least and is not for discussion on this forum.

If however you want a savegame editor , you should see this posting, Savegame Editor

This works well with the Ice & Blood expansion patches 2.65.1 & 2.65.2 as well as the unexpanded game 2.43

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not doing it to cheat ^^. I am just doing it because I made an SW to play with my brother in LAN and chose dark when I never choose that one, just cuz he wanted to test the inquisitor... which I knew it'd be too weak for his taste... Now I have an sw I can't play with him, and I'm looking for a way to change that without restarting it.

About the HC to SC, its for the same reason, so I can use some of the chars I have from closed network with him.

I just wanted to know the number that I should edit (in hex) to solve that fast, otherwise I would restart those characters.

Anyway, thanks a lot for answering, and sorry to have bothered you, I'm not a cheater lol.

If you want to use HC characters on LAN from the closed servers you can export them if you have Ice and Blood and use them in LAN, singleplayer, whatever. Converting from HC to Sc...I havent used the editor so cant tell you if it will do that.

You can change from dark to light and vice versa using the Sacred 2 Heroeditor. This only works well up to a certain point of the campaign (I think it was the end of the first chapter).

If you have played quite a bit with this char, it will create a lot of trouble with quests and it will mess up your Questlog.

Anyway, thanks a lot for answering, and sorry to have bothered you, I'm not a cheater lol.

Don't worry about it, neither am I and I use this editor all the time. It is perfect for tweaking build ideas and testing new combos, etc without having to spend hours playing a test character to get it to a high enough level to try something out, when you know you will scrap it afterwards. Do you think the game's developers didn't do the same sort of thing when they were testing various aspects of the game?

Editors like this are a great tool for experimenting, but ruin a good game when used inappropriately. So as long as you use them responsibly, there is no problem.

Thanks for all the answers.

Due to the fact that the campaign is very advanced, I guess I should recreate, that'd be faster.

Yeah I know the effects of cheating on good games... That's why I've avoided it since I started playing games seriously with Diablo 2 (I'm almost 24, I know I started late, I couldn't afford a computer back then lol, my brothers and I had to gather money to get our first).

Yeah, I have edited the savegame in hex to experiment with a few things when I played in closed net by exporting the char and tweaking it for lan/sp. Me myself I'm studying to become a software developer (games luckily one day) and I know the trade ^^.

Again, thanks a lot for the answers, I didn't think of the quest log, so it seems the best solution is recreate, after all, I'll get the guy back in shape in no time.

Yeah, I have edited the savegame in hex to experiment with a few things when I played in closed net by exporting the char and tweaking it for lan/sp. Me myself I'm studying to become a software developer (games luckily one day) and I know the trade ^^.

Did you get some hex adresses that would convert a SP toon to LAN and vice versa? I tried that for some time but never fidgeted that one out...

Did you get some hex adresses that would convert a SP toon to LAN and vice versa? I tried that for some time but never fidgeted that one out...

Nope, haven't seen that myself so far... The real trick with hex editing isn't the adresses, but getting the format of the file... once you have the format sheet, you can edit anything anytime you want. I've found how to change level, experience, skills.... but haven't messed with the quests at all...