The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion

While our beloved forum was down. One night after work, mainly to tired to play EU HC. I found this game while researching Graphics Engines.

The Elder IV Official Homepage found here: OBLIVION

In all honesty, spent minimal time researching this title. But I have to admit, this game did look interesting. The Graphics also look simply amazing!

Anyone in our community try this game? I know it is a well acclaimed title with great reviews & many awards.

I remain, curious

Ya, and there are WAY to many mods for it, at a certain moment my oblivion folder was larger then my sacred 2 folder on my HD. While oblivion is 4 GB in files, and sacred was 16 GB or something. so 12+ GB on mods... And then I didn't even use all of them, just a "small" collection.

Edited by Arperum

Yes, I still play this game regularly. Like Sacred, this is a totally addictive game that I have to keep coming back to. The huge number of mods available combined with the almost infinite choices available by altering race/skill/weapons/armour/tactics make this game infinitely replayable.

Awesome game, was also addicted to it for quite a while.

The Dark Brotherhood(think thats what it was called) quests are probably my favourite in any game.

Wish Bethesda would get on and make another Elder Scrolls game, Fallout 3 was good but the setting was dull compared to Oblivion.

Found the game to be too massive and I lost all purpose for playing about half way through.

I didn't like the combat at all and that's what probably killed it for me in the end.

Bought it a while ago when there was some Quakecon offers in Steam. Haven't still gotten very far in it. The interface is kinda different from the ones I've played.

Though I'm sure it'll suck me into when I really give it a try. A friend has recommended it warmly. And it sure is massive in every aspect. Surely be a good pastime, whenever I'll need a cooldown from Sacred.

Ok, so I started looking for mods once more... got about 70 mods downloaded, mostly new ones (that I don't have stored somewhere) So if I get to installing oblivion again, and then my mods, I'm pretty certain my folder is going to end up way to big and in a huge mess...

between guild wars and oblivion Im never bored at my computer. I have to see if I can get daggerfall to work on my new computer now too. I love the elder scrolls.

Ok, so I started looking for mods once more... got about 70 mods downloaded, mostly new ones (that I don't have stored somewhere) So if I get to installing oblivion again, and then my mods, I'm pretty certain my folder is going to end up way to big and in a huge mess...

Now I am very interested. You have all given positive feedbacks, much appreciated!

Recently I have gotten permission from our #1 member to directly link this thread w/ mods.

Mods pertaining to the afformentioned game. Please feel free to directly link. I would have trouble finding mods of value to be truthful.

No need to link the mods of little or no value. Primarely seeking mods that will hold water.

Also, if you could, please give a brief description as to what the mod exactly does. This would also be very helpful.

In short, I hope this action will help others such as myself, creating a shortcut to OBLIVION mod nation!

I remain, :agreed:

I got my current modspree mostly from this list

I may build a list of the mods I have this weekend or next week, or never >_< (last one if I forget and/or don't have time for it).

Also, don't forget to get the unofficial patch, it fixes literally thousands of bugs.

Edited by Arperum

I think Oblivion is a MUST for any self respecting RPG'er. There are so may aspects of the game to be explored.

Primary MODs to have are the Unofficial patch for both main game and Shivering Isle and Phinix's Immersive Dark UI.

Try it you won't regret it!

I always like to use the "Improved Archery" and "Real Combat" mods, but one mod I would not do without is the "Alive Waters" mod. I just love swimming in this game and the fish make it so much more interesting and fun when you try to catch them.

I got my current modspree mostly from this list

I may build a list of the mods I have this weekend or next week, or never >_< (last one if I forget and/or don't have time for it).

Also, don't forget to get the unofficial patch, it fixes literally thousands of bugs.

Thanks for the list Arp! Also where can we get the unofficial patch from?

I think Oblivion is a MUST for any self respecting RPG'er. There are so may aspects of the game to be explored.

Primary MODs to have are the Unofficial patch for both main game and Shivering Isle and Phinix's Immersive Dark UI.

Try it you won't regret it!

Have a direct link for these mods as well?

I always like to use the "Improved Archery" and "Real Combat" mods, but one mod I would not do without is the "Alive Waters" mod. I just love swimming in this game and the fish make it so much more interesting and fun when you try to catch them.

I grew up on the Oregon Coast. My father was a commercial fisherman for many years. This mod would surely remind me of times lost. Where can we download this?

Thanks to all who responded. I'll use this game as a go between. After my last death in Ancaria, I took 2-3 days off. This is exaclty what I could have used during that time.

I remain, :)

This is pretty decent site for downloads as well.

It has seperate sections for Morrowind, Oblivion and Post Nuke games.

Thx, podgie, another awesome reference page. I like this page most of all because it is well orgainized and has direct link folders pertaining to certain mods.

I remain, :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

Oblivion is a great RPG. Not as good as Morrowind or Daggerfall but great fun nonetheless, IMO.

I've played Oblivion and it's add-ons with three different char types: fighter, mage, and criminal-theif. Great to see the different guild storylines. I enjoyed the Shimmering Isles much.

ZConnor

am a 360 man myself and I will say this the elder scrolls kick serious arse I got hooked when a mate leant me morrowind neva played daggerfall or the arena, I went and got the GOTY copy of morrowind then when the release of the 360 and oblivion I had £50 ready spent lol I wound never play the game with mods, the game is too beautiful to cheat on it. I have all the DLC for oblivion, and have mastered most skills.

I will admit I prefered the ending to morrowind in that you actually got to fight the end boss where in oblivion was a fight where you were merely a spectator, I can only hope that bethesda put down the geiger counter and rad suit and pick up a sword and a spell tome and be quick about it

if I put an elder scrolls game in my xbox it wont leave for like 6months at a time.

Very few mods are for cheating in the game, most add extra content to the game. New races, more quests, new areas, more dungeons, new graphics, etc.

I have over 70 mods for the game and none of them are to make the game easier, infact most make the game harder, not easier!

Very few mods are for cheating in the game, most add extra content to the game. New races, more quests, new areas, more dungeons, new graphics, etc.

I have over 70 mods for the game and none of them are to make the game easier, infact most make the game harder, not easier!

most of those are for the PC format though

1 other thing I liked about morrowind was the chance to fail at something whether it was a potion or an enchantment where in OBV you were gonna suceed everytime and then you may as well have been a master at it from the off lol