How do I know if I reached skill mastery without removing my gear

mastery.jpg

The first 3 skills have mastery, the last 2 not. If you look at the golden frame around the icons you notice that the horizontal lines around the icons are interrupted by black dots if the skill is at mastery. So there is no need to remove your equipment when spending skill points close to mastery. As soon as the dots appear you are at mastery.

If this is already at wiki, sorry.

mastery.jpg

The first 3 skills have mastery, the last 2 not. If you look at the golden frame around the icons you notice that the horizontal lines around the icons are interrupted by black dots if the skill is at mastery. So there is no need to remove your equipment when spending skill points close to mastery. As soon as the dots appear you are at mastery.

If this is already at wiki, sorry.

Hmm...makes me wanna redo this to be much more noticeable for the CM-Patch. Nice find chattius! :butcher:

Also the number of any skills that you have actually put 75 points into and are not modified by item modifiers will be white. Any numbers in blue indicate increase by item modifiers and are not mastered when showing 75 points.

@rnarchlord

I removed my equipment for the picture, normally all my skills would be blue and above 200.

@ololcat

Yes, you are right at this. But you have to click on the skill to see this. With bad luck 5 times if you just leveled and and are already at 70 points without knowing it.

@czevak

Would be nice. After some eye surgeries -including my eye put out of my head, fixed and inserted again- I hate to look for these small dots :butcher:

Edited by chattius
And this was why in the beta we asked for them to put the same detail on skills as they did with CAs (base level + actual level), would have made life so much easier...

Now that WOULD be handy to have.

@rnarchlord

I removed my equipment for the picture, normally all my skills would be blue and above 200.

@ololcat

Yes, you are right at this. But you have to click on the skill to see this. With bad luck 5 times if you just leveled and and are already at 70 points without knowing it.

@czevak

Would be nice. After some eye surgeries -including my eye put out of my head, fixed and inserted again- I hate to look for these small dots :)

@chattius

I believe my remark and the remarks of the others were more for the benefit of others not that familiar with the notations used in the game and not aimed at you. I am certain that you are well versed in the game as you have answered many questions about obscure things in the game. Sorry to read about your visual acuity loss. Even with my excellent monitor I still keep a magnifying glass handy for some of the fine detail stuff in various websites. And yes, I am an old timer. :P

Even with my excellent monitor I still keep a magnifying glass handy for some of the fine detail stuff in various websites. And yes, I am an old timer. :)

Now that's a great idea! :P

czevak: Well, I, for one, would personally be fine with anything that clearly shows the difference in mastered and non-mastered skill.

But that looks good for me. ^^

Would you like it this way?

mastryframe.jpg

Or would you guys prefer a type of more modern framing?

That framing looks pretty good. How hard would it be to square off the left side instead of leaving it rounded, I.e. bring the gold out more to make it flat?

That framing looks pretty good. How hard would it be to square off the left side instead of leaving it rounded, I.e. bring the gold out more to make it flat?

That would not be hard at all. The pictures have a square format anyway, but does a square frame around a rounded button inset really look that good? :)

That would not be hard at all. The pictures have a square format anyway, but does a square frame around a rounded button inset really look that good? :)

I just thought it would be easier than making those little rounded points. After all we already have a triangle breaking up the right side.

I just thought it would be easier than making those little rounded points. After all we already have a triangle breaking up the right side.

I already made this one. This was a screenshot from the ingame menu with the modified frame in action. :)

I already made this one. This was a screenshot from the ingame menu with the modified frame in action. :)

So is this going to be included in the next CM patch? In case no one has mentioned it, we who are lacking in modding skills, really appreciate you and the others doing all that modding work and research. It keeps the game fresh and even more interesting. :)

RE: magnifying glass to use on websites: Internet Explorer comes with built-in accessibility features that you can turn on/off to allow you use the computer to magnify parts of web pages, or... you can change the default font sizes to larger...

I did both of these things for a co-worker before her cataract surgery. It really helped her!

Cheers!

RE: magnifying glass to use on websites: Internet Explorer comes with built-in accessibility features that you can turn on/off to allow you use the computer to magnify parts of web pages, or... you can change the default font sizes to larger...

I did both of these things for a co-worker before her cataract surgery. It really helped her!

Cheers!

Yeah, I know about the built in magnifier but I don't need everything big. It is easier and quicker to grab a magnifying glass when I want to take a real good look at some detail in a game like the three dots when mastering a skill in sacred 2 or on a webpage that might otherwise get overlooked because of its tiny size. Besides, the magnifying glass sits on top of the desk for when I am doing other things not on the computer.

I am using a macroscope.

Minox_Photokina_9.jpg

I bought it direct at the company building them in Wetzlar. Wetzlar has a dozen companies in the optical industry and my avatar is its coat of arms because I grew up there.

The mini-telescope was really useful around my eye surgeries. I had only one eye still functionable (even it was at -10 dioptres). I could use the macroscope to watch sport and theatre, TV (couldn't read text lines), animals from falcons down to insects and more useful:

I could attach it on a stand, tripod or helm adapter to do fine works. It can focus to something close as 1 foot, which leaves enough room for hands or tools. I am still using the head adapter when I do graphics at computer or connect wires to explosives at job.

I never got used to the Windows buildin magnifier, so something similiar to magnifying glasses in my case too.

While browsing the Minox homepage to see if they have new macroscopes I stumbled above this brandnew camera:

hand_tk2_180px.jpg

Seems the camera shoots 4 pictures the same moment and so you can get nice 3D effects, or focus different distances of same motive, ....

Minox 4-eyed camera

Edited by chattius
So is this going to be included in the next CM patch? In case no one has mentioned it, we who are lacking in modding skills, really appreciate you and the others doing all that modding work and research. It keeps the game fresh and even more interesting. :woot:

Yes it will be included in the next release, which will be v0100 in about two months.

The upcoming release is v0090 and has been already finalized for internal testing.

Excuse me if this has been said before. If you mouse-over the skill before mastery it will say in red something like "Mastery Bonus gives god mode and noclip" or something like that. If you have mastery then there is nothing written in red, just your skill stats. It doesn't matter if you are wearing +gear or not, the red writing still disappears when you get it mastered. A fugure without gear on the skill panel would still be nice though, I have no idea how close I am to mastery on tactics right now simply because I am too lazy to get "naked".

okay, time to add this to the wiki lol. It's like this info keeps surfacing then going under till discovered again... I'm worried the next time it comes up, it may not surface... off to the wiki it goes!

:)

gogo

And this was why in the beta we asked for them to put the same detail on skills as they did with CAs (base level + actual level), would have made life so much easier...

Getting naked to see what your actual skill levels is, is just dumb. This would have made it so much easier. Sometimes I have a few weeks between plays and trying to remember what is what level is difficult.