Experience in gold difficulty, should be harder?

ok finally got around to playing today and finished silver!

woohooo cool last boss(s)

level 62 HE in gold!

I had this assumption that gold was going to be hard....first thing I kill level 71 brigand 600 some experience and I 1 shot him with fireball. what am I doing wrong lol I need a challenge my whole purpose of wanting to finish silver so soon was that I found the enemies there to easy. what can I do so that I actually have to heal and actually need to pay attention rather than face roll my controller.

I rolled a shadow warrior and I really like the idea of death warrior/mal champion but something about melee in this game makes me want to eat glass :)

thanks for any responses

cheers! :D

Gold is indeed meant to be a challenge. Don't get too full of yourself though and fall into the pit I did. I've lost 4 level 60+ characters because I thought gold was too easy and tried the Nameless Guardians. Just take it slowly and see when the enemies begin to really start inflicting the hurt, you know that's where you should level. Just my two cents on the matter :D

Your observation is accurate. The kobalds and Brigands of the Sloeford area are really meant for the learning portion of each level. Had you started gold at level 50 that level 71 brigand would have been more difficult, :D obviously, right? Just start advancing along. You will see that the Undead on gold are higher level than they were on silver( but difficult is all relative), and there is a bump when you cross into the human territory. Go grind with the champion boars near Black Oaks. that may be a little harder.

Survival Bonus is 1 key element to difficulty. the longer you survive the higher the monster levels will be. Next is the regions, the farther you advance towards the end region the higher the difficulty as well.

Ultimately the "difficulty" you experience will be:

1. unique to your gaming experience.

2. Your play style.

3. And the character build quality.

So if your finding things too easy, you probably have at least 2 of the 3 things going for you. Just keep advancing until you find that danger factor your looking for.

Good luck

Mostly I've noticed that gold isn't that much more challenging than silver (played an Inquisitor, TG, SW, and HE up to or through gold difficulty). Everything is still about as easy to kill (imo), everything just hits harder (I find myself in need of more health potions, and orc cave is much more deadly than in silver).

Heya,

it is all mostly a matter of level.... silver has a 0-60 range. So, when entering Gold at 60 or higher, it will not be much of a challenge.

But... if you need one, run your toon through the main story starting from the first level...... I can guarantee that running a level 32 Melee Dryad against Xanthiar on Gold is really hard :)

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Playing on-line with several people will also increase the monster difficulty. I don't play on console so can't verify that. But on the pc there is a huge difference between 1 person and 6 in a server.

Playing on-line with several people will also increase the monster difficulty. I don't play on console so can't verify that. But on the pc there is a huge difference between 1 person and 6 in a server.

Ooh yeah...so much more fun :)

And if these great suggestions don't work for you........ Make a Mad Dash across the map. Every 15-20 seconds stop and reverse your route. Running face first into a wave of mobs chasing you is indeed a challenge at times. Faster the run speed the better. For a real challenge do this with zero health potions. This is Hard Core, fight and kill or die trying. No turning back! :)

what console are you on? the experience seems a little off there... im playing a 55 SW on ps3 at the moment on gold and he gets about 3,000 experience on a normal dragon in the caves and about 7,000 on the elites

what console are you on? the experience seems a little off there... im playing a 55 SW on ps3 at the moment on gold and he gets about 3,000 experience on a normal dragon in the caves and about 7,000 on the elites

The console version won't make any difference. The difference in XP per kill will depend on the difference between the character level and the monster.

And if these great suggestions don't work for you........ Make a Mad Dash across the map. Every 15-20 seconds stop and reverse your route. Running face first into a wave of mobs chasing you is indeed a challenge at times. Faster the run speed the better. For a real challenge do this with zero health potions. This is Hard Core, fight and kill or die trying. No turning back! :D

I love doing this on Bronze just for lols. Round them all up then let loose with Incendiary Shower. Such fun!

Yeah I know I should do it on a harder difficulty (and when I get there I will) but watching Kobolds die in one nuke is ever so satisfying, regardless of difficulty, it just never gets old.

And if these great suggestions don't work for you........ Make a Mad Dash across the map. Every 15-20 seconds stop and reverse your route. Running face first into a wave of mobs chasing you is indeed a challenge at times. Faster the run speed the better. For a real challenge do this with zero health potions. This is Hard Core, fight and kill or die trying. No turning back! :)

I love doing this on Bronze just for lols. Round them all up then let loose with Incendiary Shower. Such fun!

Yeah I know I should do it on a harder difficulty (and when I get there I will) but watching Kobolds die in one nuke is ever so satisfying, regardless of difficulty, it just never gets old.

Totally Agree :)