Which is the easiest character to pick for Sacred 2?

Good point chattius......."easiest" is greatly defined by a players personal circumstances.....hence my reference to HC online. :)

But for general play I still think r00's advice answers the OP's question. :)

I am surprised r00ster didn't link a post he made on SIF forums about each different class, but anyway.

Here it is: Difficulty of character. Not sure if it is still current.

It is much easier to restart from level 20 than it is from 120, I have listened to rooster's advice before and have used a build very similar to the one he listed above for the last year. Once you have a good build, levels fly past and what was a struggle before, isn't any more.

Edited by colif
Lastly, some of the most MASSIVE advice I can give; DO NOT spec into Shadow Viel. DO NOT. It is the most horribly broken skill in the game, and completely and utterly destroys any and all challenge. That may sound cool, but once you do it you quickly realize that it kills all fun. Nothing attacks you, the 'fight' music never even comes on.... If there was one thing I could go back and change about my SW, which is a utility toon (forger) would be taking this into a buff.

It has completely destroyed any amount of fun he was to play. The ONLY reason I have not deleted this pathetic excuse for a character, is he's 75 and is my forger. You need a forging character.

Hey, he didn't ask for the most fun to play, only the easiest and you have to admit that they don't come any easier than a Shadow Veil build!

Besides which, some of us do happen to like playing such a character from time to time, as well as melee style characters. I know that a lot of people have never got past the 'Wounds Increase Damage Dealt' boost which was so prominent in Sacred 1 and that it has held over into a masochistic 'please damage my body' style of play in Sacred 2 as well, but it is by no means the only way of playing this game. Some people approach the game from other viewpoints than Conan style characters, magic users are hardly going to want to stand toe-to-toe with an axe wielding berserker. They are going to want to cast their spells from a safe distance and if they can be invisible while doing it they are not going to complain are they? Likewise, rogue/thief style characters live for the chance to stab their enemies in the back invisibly and with the least possible danger to themselves.

So while I respect your opions and choices, I would hope you would respect other people's as well and try not to sound so disparaging about "the most horribly broken skill in the game" or "this pathetic excuse for a character".

Thank you.

Edited by podgie_bear

I have found a fun way to use shadow veil. Don't use it except on: guardians, garganthropod, dragons, Abishai.... Challenge is one thing but losing a character you spent 4 days real time building because of those bosses sucks the big one. With shadow veil they are like a pinata. You smack them and collect the loot.

The rest of the time run: Grim, Reflect, and Skeletons. Skeletons are no good against heavy duty boss anyhow.

Anyways thats how I roll and I am very pleased.

Lastly, some of the most MASSIVE advice I can give; DO NOT spec into Shadow Viel. DO NOT. It is the most horribly broken skill in the game, and completely and utterly destroys any and all challenge.

lol, not sure if I like the way this advice is sounding.

You can say a skill is broken...but that really would be your opinion, right? And let's not forget how many skills were all thought to be broken but now have found utility.

I have always thought that utility is what it's all about. And since eveyrone is different, utility is relatively infinite.

R00ster if you haven't found a use for speccing Shadow Veil that makes you happy well..*shrugs*... lol this is also a reflection of your own personal utility, and what you seek for in this game.

There are a good number of guides here on this site where many players have walked with happy Shadow Veil builds. Not everyone has the same amount of time as you or as others, and the beauty of this game has always been the depth of creativity it offers to all players from all walks.

Everyone to their own fun, I say, and if you have your own way of adding different ingredients to the mix, DarkMatters has always been the site to promote and celebrate each player's own distinct, and most importantly, valid road.

:viking:

gogo

In general, it can be considered broken, not because the skill is bad, but because it's like tapping the "patience for the win" button first and then the "I can get to 200 without dying" button afterwards.

You are absolutely correct gogo, there are are plenty of solid builds based on veil. However, basing a build on veil also hinders the char a serious lot. Granted, one can easily get over 20k damage out of skeletal fortification and spectral hand, but that's nothing compared to what other chars can do at a much lower price for immortality. I, personally, would only recommend a veil build for fun and for making a niob smith without worrying about dying.

I, personally, would only recommend a veil build for fun and for making a niob smith without worrying about dying.

That's enough of a wonderful reason for me, IMO, for one to be created.

Fun first!

gogo

p.s. Course..Niob smith is VERY good utility ^^

bah

c'on Rooster? SW? bewwwwwwwwww... :) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Fire off a coupla rounds with the hot end of a dire seraphim's lightning gun

Smokin!

smokin-aces-2.jpg

gogo

Hey gogo - from where is this image taken ? any movie or what ?

I would gogo, actually advise agaisnt BFG seraphim for beginners, as it gives off some quirky gamelplay elements that shouldn't become habit;

I.e.

Eating as many BFG runes as possible. If you try to do this with other characters, you're quickly going to have to 'restart' every character that ISN'T BFG.

It can be incredibly stale gameplay-wise, and may detract from people enjoying and exploring the game after the initial build, if they think omg this is IT?

It can be fun, but I wouldn't advise it to newcomers. That's just my take though.

It's like I now regret helping my RL friend start with a shadow viel shadow warrior. He thinks the games an absolute bore-fest now.

Much more appropriate for them to learn enemy attacks etc with a character that allows it, like SW with his generous defensive abilities etc. And will also allow skills like EP, which increase the fun factor big time.

Yup tried playing with TG it was tough so I scrapped him...

Now starting up my game with Schot's luckiest man alive Shadow warrior I reckon its gonna be a helluva ride....

Yup tried playing with TG it was tough so I scrapped him...

Now starting up my game with Schot's luckiest man alive Shadow warrior I reckon its gonna be a helluva ride....

My very first toon was a TG... really tough when you don't know what a combat art is 8\

If I ever move to PC, luckyman would be my first toon, for certain. Niob equip to start, yesplease!

Okie...

Welp, this is MY build and should be considered MY opinion.

Just note, this is my 'forger' I speak of, and SV is not limited to casters.

I will let you folks decide, and just present the facts;

Make of it what you will.

Cheers,

EDIT*

His damage sucks, because I have now over 100.8% +Xp in his gear. I am just trying to level him as fast as possible so I can have a max item forger.

Pretty much every slot in every item is +xp.

I would also like to add;

- When it was discovered that Frost flare had no range cap, and allowed exploits, it was fixed.

- When divine protection was shown that it could be maintained 100% uptime, as was not intended, it was fixed.

- When hallowed restoration was shown that it could have over 40k hp regen per second always, it was fixed.

- When it was shown that high elves could wipe a boss in 1 cast of a spell thanks to things like deathblow and deep wounds affecting spells, it was fixed.

- When it was shown the possibility of Viperish Disease, it was fixed.

There are many things that are or were possible that the devs did not intend, but only so many were reported and fixed/balanced. They could not keep track of the possibilities with everything, but once something was reported, they were pretty swift in what they deemed intended/not intended.

I wonder what they would have done with SV if someone had of reported it. Or the staff dryad multi hit thing.

Lastly, I am not criticizing anyones choice of play.

I am reporting only MY own personal experience. This SV build in the video is a real toon on closed HC. The view I have of the result is mine. What anyone else does with anything gaming or no, is not my business, and I withold any opinion. On things that are exclusively mine however, I think I should be free to express my honest feelings, as honest as they are.

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster
Niob equip to start, yesplease!

Great startup equipment for me has always been a huge part of where this game's focus on creativity took off. Yes, it was fun bedraggling along at the beginning with rags and broken weapons...but after about a year in, when the bargaining networks started paying off... that's when things really took off, and all of a sudden it was like the sky's opened up with dream builds no one every thought possible.

So much fun

:bounce:

gogo

SV is fastest way to end game but you don't learn much from the build.

Only way SV could be any more broken is if it let melee work with it, and then maybe I wouldn't have complained so much (Lol) as I would be playing a SW as a rogue, but Dual Wield SW is easy enough already, especially with RE buff.

Only way SV could be any more broken is if it let melee work with it

Hey colif, watch the vid I posted :lol:

Cheers,

EDIT* btw Dark peoples, I like the orange forum. Page loads, posts, everything is much faster 'running' wise. Sweet!

Edited by r00ster
I wonder what they would have done with SV if someone had of reported it. Or the staff dryad multi hit thing.

Lastly, I am not criticizing anyones choice of play.

I am reporting only MY own personal experience. This SV build in the video is a real toon on closed HC. The view I have of the result is mine. What anyone else does with anything gaming or no, is not my business, and I withold any opinion. On things that are exclusively mine however, I think I should be free to express my honest feelings, as honest as they are.

Cheers,

Although for an experienced player, Shadow Veil (buff) is the brokenest combat art, I feel it it balanced somewhat by the mis-click "auto-death"; that is to say, in the higher difficulties, if you unveil, it is pretty much GAME OVER (for a HC player)... yeah, we've all gotten away with it a few times, but it only takes one slip of the finger and death is very, very possible (if built to be a glass cannon). Add to that, the fact that spelldamage on minions getting applied to the Veiled warrior off-sets the power of the Veil a little as well (since the minions combat arts are in Astral Lord aspect too).

Whereas the other items you listed as being fixed had no downsides, Shadow Veil does have a couple of drawbacks (albeit MINOR ones, or very easily avoidable).

Another drawback of veil is the fact you don't agro mobs. So you can't collect them in one place and kill them more efficiently for leveling. These days I only use SV on elite bosses who are dangerous enough that I am not sure if they can kill me. Most bosses if you are leveled enough and have the right gear have practically zero chance to kill a player and those ones I do not use SV.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all that brilliant advice !, im a level 23 shadow warrior now, I know its been a very long time but rather than going around and leveling and crayying on with the story ive been learning more about the charateristics of the game, also the build that was posted on here was brilliant, but im not sure what you mean when you say NEVER take two lores, why is that ? with my LITTLE experiance with the game show that the two bonuses from attacks and attack speed from duel wield and tactics lore make for a really mean heavy damaging fast attaking SW

obviously guys correct me if im wrong =)

looking at my first post detailing my build, ive started to think abit more about my SP and thats why im level 23 just trying it out, I really hope I havent messed this gchar up as it has some BRILLIANT armour, well for a new guy,

also ive tryed to work my my own build alittle bit just to test the waters with the game kinda thing, im keeping tactics lore and duiel weild at considerable amount of level difference between my other skills, but that doesnt mean im excluding the rest apart from concentraion as I only want it for the two buffs im using, relfective emination and grim resliance.......thats why im not sure the build that was posted was on about a shadow viel build, im not even using that skill *very confused* lol having said that I have takin into account im deffinattly taking enhanced perception as I have a few items that will increase my xp for later on, im also taking forge and combat reflexes !

one more thing, how am I able to get ALOT of experience boosts, this is on the PS3 verison of the game, I dont undertsand the way people talk about xp being "in" certain items do you mean with the different coloured sockets ?

any feed back ad advice would be nice thanks !

Cyco

Edited by Still-Cyco
thanks for all that brilliant advice !, im a level 23 shadow warrior now, I know its been a very long time but rather than going around and leveling and crayying on with the story ive been learning more about the charateristics of the game, also the build that was posted on here was brilliant, but im not sure what you mean when you say NEVER take two lores, why is that ? with my LITTLE experiance with the game show that the two bonuses from attacks and attack speed from duel wield and tactics lore make for a really mean heavy damaging fast attaking SW

obviously guys correct me if im wrong =)

That was probably about taking two WEAPON lores, I.e. Sword Lore and Hafted Lore. Taking Tactics and DW is a good choice :cry:

looking at my first post detailing my build, ive started to think abit more about my SP and thats why im level 23 just trying it out, I really hope I havent messed this gchar up as it has some BRILLIANT armour, well for a new guy,

also ive tryed to work my my own build alittle bit just to test the waters with the game kinda thing, im keeping tactics lore and duiel weild at considerable amount of level difference between my other skills, but that doesnt mean im excluding the rest apart from concentraion as I only want it for the two buffs im using, relfective emination and grim resliance.......thats why im not sure the build that was posted was on about a shadow viel build, im not even using that skill *very confused* lol having said that I have takin into account im deffinattly taking enhanced perception as I have a few items that will increase my xp for later on, im also taking forge and combat reflexes !

If planning to use only two buffs, leave concentration at 1 point. I would invest in Tactics over DW early on, tho the double hits from DW mastery is also quite good.

one more thing, how am I able to get ALOT of experience boosts, this is on the PS3 verison of the game, I dont undertsand the way people talk about xp being "in" certain items do you mean with the different coloured sockets ?

Not completely sure about how this works for consoles, but probably the same as on PC. There are two different XP modifiers, blue ones and yellow ones. They are found on items like armor, rings, amulets etc. The blue modifier is increased by every point in EP. The yellow modiefier is fixed, is does not increase anymore. The sockets on gear increase the values of what you socket in it.

For example:

10% XP in a gold socket would be 11,5%

10% XP in a silver socket would be 10,7%

any feed back ad advice would be nice thanks !

Then! I hope this helps :D

Cyco