Sacred 2 Soccer Balls

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page is looking solid... we shall increase the hunt... send out the dawgs of wor!

hounds.jpg

:viking:

gogo

p.s. I also just edited all pix in thumbnails to match.

:twitch: where in the world did you find that evil hellhound gogo?

There are children here you know... :D

I remain, :)

Woop woop found it. Soccerball number 8 is in Artamark's Gate.

ArtamarksGateSoccerBall.jpg

I posted it on the wiki in the spot loco left for it. Needs help to make it look like the others.

Also noticed that the Villa Boerdjk doesn't have the right picture for it now.

Thanks Bro, still after looking at what you did I don't understand the coding. They all look alike but yet the pictures are differant sizes. Is that becuase of the way they are taken and saved? What dimensions and details do you save your pictures in? I've been using Irfan for the pictures, seems easier to upload to photobucket than xfire.

Oh by the way. Who's to say how many soccer balls there are in the game? we thought there was 7 we now have 8. Seems to me the Dev's wouldn't stop just there.

Thanks Bro, still after looking at what you did I don't understand the coding. They all look alike but yet the pictures are differant sizes. Is that becuase of the way they are taken and saved? What dimensions and details do you save your pictures in? I've been using Irfan for the pictures, seems easier to upload to photobucket than xfire.

Oh by the way. Who's to say how many soccer balls there are in the game? we thought there was 7 we now have 8. Seems to me the Dev's wouldn't stop just there.

Well the coding is confusing to me too, but I experimented and figured it out.

<center>{{S2frame|</font>[URL=http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/SacredWiki/Sacred_2/Easter%20Eggs/ArtamarksGateSoccerBall.jpg][IMG=http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/SacredWiki/Sacred_2/Easter%20Eggs/ArtamarksGateSoccerBall-1.jpg][/URL]|none}}

I copied it over to the SacredWiki Photobucket account so all the images are together. The first part of the link is the original picture and size that you took. The second is the Thumbnail image I made by copying your picture and resizing it to 160 X 110 so it looks the same as the others. the other stuff is the Picture frame that schot made for the wiki.

Ahh ok, I don't have access to the SacredWiki Photobucket account to edit the picture. I only have access to the FDM bucket

ah ha...you guys like the war hound huh ^^ He's so cuuuuuuuuuuute:p

furian, a question... what resolution are you running the game in? I see that your pix that you're taking are smaller than mine... are you able to get larger pix? As well, if you press print screen then open up the pix in ifran view... you can then upload them to the bucket...you'll get a very large image that will work well in thumbnails which we can then see the details.

You guys are right...there is no limit to knowing how many soccer balls are in the game. All we know is that the Germans found seven? and we're closing in quickly

:)

gogo

@gogo I play on a 32" Toshiba, 1080p 1920x1080. I use printscreen then alt+tab to ifran and paste. I think the issue is probably in how it's getting saved.

I'll have to get into the details of the save.

Ps last count we know have 8 soccerballs.

Is there yet another location to make it 7, and Knuckles 3fer1 deal = only one? I'm trying not to look it up myself as I am really enjoying the hunt. I'm currently doing the main campaign, the Empty Office Quest and searching for soccer balls on Niobium. So much more fun doing this on niob.

Is there yet another location to make it 7, and Knuckles 3fer1 deal = only one? I'm trying not to look it up myself as I am really enjoying the hunt. I'm currently doing the main campaign, the Empty Office Quest and searching for soccer balls on Niobium. So much more fun doing this on niob.

I imagine there may be at least one in each region. we have 3 in elf land, and 2 in human land , 1 in desert land. so there is likely to be many more.

furian, I hear your enthisasm... actually this last round of wiki edits has been a lot of fun for me as well. As I was mentionning to Wolfie, getting into quests, the eggs, the graves has given me a lot of insight into the game's cannon, something which I had written off as a lot of fluff until lately.

I'm sure there are more balls out there, they shall be found.

*runs off to find find another picture of a hound*

:lol:

gogo

Just don't go truffle hunting with that oversized porker. The dog will find the truffle, but he won't eat it. The pig, OTOH, won't stop until it's gone. Come think of it, he'll probably eat you just as quick..

Edited by wolfie2kX

Beautiful!

Youre pix remind me of the kind of "look" that Knuckles has on his pix when he was tearing away at adding pix to the Bestiary. the buff, against the wooden floor with the soccer ball is particularly sharp.

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

This is another amazing project thread for SacredWiki which ran this summer. Again, a crazy team of peeps who scavenged the game and made this page happen:

Sacred 2 soccer balls

Bit thanks to Chattius, who "first got the ball rolling" with that tender description of spirit that was in the air during the launch of Sacred 2. And a cup of cheer extra for the conributors and formatters of the page. It's another one of the Wiki's showcase pages and this is the one that goes globally with being able to have fun with anyone else in the world with a game.

So... do we gots 'em all?

:P

gogo

• 5 months later...

This is about soccer and not a soccerball:

In the german version there is a statue in the cave in Karagh which holds a statue reading:

Prinz Poldi der Bankdrücker - Bei den großen Schlachten durfte er nur auf der Bank sitzen

Translation:

Prince Poldi the benchwarmer - At big battles he was only allowed to sit on the bench

I wonder how the statue reads in the english version.

Prinz Poldi is the nickname of Lukas Podolski. He is a soccer player in the german national team. While he did some scoring records in the national team, when changing his club and playing for Bayern München, he wasn't fitting into their tactical concept and most often sitting on the bench for the substitute players.

German newspaper from July 2008 before Sacred2 was released:

http://www.express.de/sport/fussball/erst-bank---dann-tor/-/3186/716332/-/index.html

Poldi+wieder+nur+auf+die+Bank+Auch+unter+Klinsi+%25C3%25A4ndert+sich+dar+%25281216225729735%2529.jpg

Unrelated to soccer, listening to NPC conversation:

"Werdet Ihr heute abend auch den Klängen von Monrosia lauschen?"

"Will you listen to the sound of Monrosia this evening too?"

Monrose are a pop band who won a german talent show in 2006 and had their hits at the creation time of sacred2.

Another statue mentions actors from the german telenovela Ways to happiness, at least my daughters say so, never saw the series.

Unrelated to soccer, listening to NPC conversation:

"Werdet Ihr heute abend auch den Klängen von Monrosia lauschen?"

"Will you listen to the sound of Monrosia this evening too?"

Monrose are a pop band who won a german talent show in 2006 and had their hits at the creation time of sacred2.

The english version of that line goes: "That odd assortment of minstrels will be visiting us soon. I've always wanted to hear the sounds of Monrosia."