Want to use CM Patch for game but don't have EU Version

There is a way, it involved a fair bit of hassle such as editing registry settings...so the guide was removed from the site in the end. It may still be on the official forums though.

Oh well that's nice to hear lol. I made a thread on the official forums asking if anyone knew how to do it the other day, but no responses yet :)

Hi BDd, welcome to Darkmatters!

As DB has posted up above, that info is probably on SIF now, if anywhere at all.

You can also consider getting Sacred 2 Gold, it will give you a second key to use for EU servers as well as Ice and Blood.

Cheers

:)

gogo

P.s. I've split your question off to form it's own topic so at not move focus of other one from the patch.

There is a way, it involved a fair bit of hassle such as editing registry settings...so the guide was removed from the site in the end. It may still be on the official forums though.

Oh well that's nice to hear lol. I made a thread on the official forums asking if anyone knew how to do it the other day, but no responses yet :)

As far as I understand it, you need to change both registry keys "language" and "speech" in the Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2/ Register of your registry from en_US to en_UK.

Then rename the locale/en_US folder of your Sacred 2 installation to en_UK.

Start the game to see if everything is all right. (If you see Text on your menubuttons all went well so far.)

Then go and download the patches you need to get your "UK" version to v2.43 and try to apply them.

Tell me if any problems or errors occur. If you succeed to v.2.43, let me know and go happily to buy Ice & Blood (of course you need to change the closed and open net lobby server address, but this is already explained here on the forum).

If this goes well, I will make a patcher for the conversion of US to UK. :oooo:

Edited by czevak
As far as I understand it, you need to change both registry keys "language" and "speech" in the Ascaron Entertainment/Sacred 2/ Register of your registry from en_US to en_UK.

Start the game to see if everything is all right. (If you see Text on your menubuttons all went well so far.)

Then go and download the patches you need to get your "UK" version to v2.43 and try to apply them.

Tell me if any problems or errors occur. If you succeed to v.2.43, let me know and go happily to buy Ice & Blood (of course you need to change the closed and open net lobby server address, but this is already explained here on the forum).

If this goes well, I will make a patcher for the conversion of US to UK. :P

Ah thanks. Hm well I changed the two registry keys and the one folder to en_Uk. I started the game and there is no text, on anything. I can play the game fine though, but no text anywhere lol.

And thanks gogoblender, I was wondering where my posts went :sick: Also what does SIF mean? Sacred international forums?

Edited by bddblade

If this goes well, I will make a patcher for the conversion of US to UK. :)

Ah thanks. Hm well I changed the two registry keys and the one folder to en_Uk. I started the game and there is no text, on anything. I can play the game fine though, but no text anywhere lol.

And thanks gogoblender, I was wondering where my posts went :sick: Also what does SIF mean? Sacred international forums?

SIF is the Sacred International forum. :P

Yeah :) I have another question that's a little off topic, but why can't I just buy the ice and blood expansion and install it on my computer? I have the us version too btw. I read that if I just uninstall my game then all I have to do is install the game directly without installing patch 2.40 and I should be fine? But I dunno lol.

Lmao, oh yeah huh :) Guess I was just trying to fully confirm it or something haha. Guess my only option is what is written above, but like I wrote before no success, guess I have to wait for czevak response. Why was that expansion only for the Eu version anyways? :4rofl:

Edited by bddblade
Lmao, oh yeah huh :P Guess I was just trying to fully confirm it or something haha. Guess my only option is what is written above, but like I wrote before no success, guess I have to wait for czevak response. Why was that expansion only for the Eu version anyways? :)

From what I've read on it - the key word is licensing.

When Ascaron created Sacred 2, they licensed it to DeepSilver in the UK (and rest of the world) and lined up CDV in the US. Why this move? Who knows.

Bottom line - Ascaron went belly up. DeepSilver bought up what was left - including the Sacred franchise. As such, any and all deals with CDV were suddenly null and void. Kind of hard to have a deal when one of the parties involved is no longer around. From my understanding, the Ice and Blood Expansion came out after Ascaron was bought out by DeepSilver.

Now what sort of politics went on behind closed doors that lead to DeepSilver not making a deal with CDV to bring Ice and Blood to the US - only those who were there actually know. Bottom line - there was no deal to bring Ice and Blood to the US through CDV. Maybe it was greed, maybe it had to do with the lack of volume in US sales, maybe CDV figured there wasn't enough interest nor money in it to justify making a deal. Maybe a combo of all of the above? Hard to say.

The only way to reliably get Ice and Blood - get the Sacred 2 Gold package from DLGamer or otherwise import the puppy from a vendor in the UK - provided you find a one with a copy.

Edited by wolfie2kX
Lmao, oh yeah huh :P Guess I was just trying to fully confirm it or something haha. Guess my only option is what is written above, but like I wrote before no success, guess I have to wait for czevak response. Why was that expansion only for the Eu version anyways? :P

Sorry, I got preoccupied by other stuff. :)

Go to the folder:

(Vista or Windows 7)

(yourdriveletter) default: C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

or

(XP)

(yourdriveletter) default: C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

Have a look at your options.txt. Are there entries with "en_US" in it as well? Change those also to en_US. Retry.

Hope it works.

Edited by czevak

Ah okay wolfie. Yeah that sounds about like you nailed it on the head there lol. Thanks for the explanation! That clears that up. And czevak I looked in the options.txt file and didn't find any en_US in there :/

Ah okay wolfie. Yeah that sounds about like you nailed it on the head there lol. Thanks for the explanation! That clears that up. And czevak I looked in the options.txt file and didn't find any en_US in there :/

Okay. Then Change:

if not locale then 
locale = {
}
end

to

if not locale then 
locale = {
language = "en_UK",
speech = "en_UK",
}
end

and see if that forces proper text and speech to appear.

Okie doke, well I just tried that and started the game. The menu buttons like "Single player" "multiplayer" "options" etc. etc. are showing ;) So that's progress. But when I go into a game, none of the text is showing for any of the items, or anything. Unless that's how it's supposed to be? Thanks for the help so far :cry:

Edit: Oh by the way I already am on version 2.43.0 build 1671 with the US patch. I say this because you mentioned above for me to download the UK version 2.43 patches once this little issue is good to go. So just letting you know so it won't cause any other issues or whatever involving patch versions that I may need to get.

Edited by bddblade
Okie doke, well I just tried that and started the game. The menu buttons like "Single player" "multiplayer" "options" etc. etc. are showing :P So that's progress. But when I go into a game, none of the text is showing for any of the items, or anything. Unless that's how it's supposed to be? Thanks for the help so far :)

Edit: Oh by the way I already am on version 2.43.0 build 1671 with the US patch. I say this because you mentioned above for me to download the UK version 2.43 patches once this little issue is good to go. So just letting you know so it won't cause any other issues or whatever involving patch versions that I may need to get.

No, that is not what it is supposed to be. I dont know yet, why the game would accept the new localization in the Mainmenu, but not ingame. Can you upload a debug.log?

Once the ingame texts work fine, it might be possible to install Ice and Blood, since you already have v2.43. It is a bit risky though and I dont want to push you into buying the UK addon.

Also keep in mind, that you will permanently be playing on UK servers, and thus your current closed net account (if you have one) will no longer be accessible to you unless you wipe and reinstall your original US version without Ice and Blood.

Ohh I see :) hm well bummer. How do I get a debug.log? Sorry I'm a bit of a noob :P I'll try googling it and see if I can get one going before you read this so you don't have to explain how the frak to do it lol. But it's fine on buying the expansion. It's only like $20 or something. not to big a deal. And that's fine if I play on the UK servers lol. the us servers are always dead every time I have gone on, so no biggy.

I just had a look into the installation log. Perhaps you can trick the patcher with renaming the subdirectory en_US to en_UK and setting those registry keys equivalent to this. I guess the patcher - the ice and blood addon is installed like a content update - will proceed then. This one has no md5 check before the patching process, but afterwards. So in case one ore more of your files differ from the UK version the addon will crush your installation and tell you afterwards that you have to reinstall the game.

If the installation goes well you have to patch forward to 2.65.1 and 2.65.2, then renaming your folder back to original as well as your registry keys.

Now you've to deal with the drm. There is a quite high chance that the activation key for the addon will not be accepted. It depends on the region and the question, if there's more than one license server for these keys. If you get this one activated you're ready to go, but only in singleplayer. I guess the US lobby won't accept an Ice and Blood client, as well as a EU lobby won't accept a US version.

I might be wrong with this, but looking to all these risks to crash your installed game I'd like to say:

Keep your $20 for the addon and better buy a UK gold version for £14.99 (thats around $25).

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-2-Fallen-Ange...5177&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sacred-2-Gold-PC-DVD/dp/B002WC7RH8

CU Marcus

I might be wrong with this, but looking to all these risks to crash your installed game I'd like to say:

Keep your $20 for the addon and better buy a UK gold version for £14.99 (thats around $25).

CU Marcus

There's ONE tiny problem with buying from Amazon.co.uk - the link you posted seems to be saying it's temporarily out of stock. How "temporary" that really is, isn't specified. Just says they'll ship, when/if they ever get it in stock... The DL Gamer download, OTOH, is available and depending on the Internet connection, can be had in a few hours.

I just had a look into the installation log. Perhaps you can trick the patcher with renaming the subdirectory en_US to en_UK and setting those registry keys equivalent to this. I guess the patcher - the ice and blood addon is installed like a content update - will proceed then. This one has no md5 check before the patching process, but afterwards. So in case one ore more of your files differ from the UK version the addon will crush your installation and tell you afterwards that you have to reinstall the game.

If the installation goes well you have to patch forward to 2.65.1 and 2.65.2, then renaming your folder back to original as well as your registry keys.

Now you've to deal with the drm. There is a quite high chance that the activation key for the addon will not be accepted. It depends on the region and the question, if there's more than one license server for these keys. If you get this one activated you're ready to go, but only in singleplayer. I guess the US lobby won't accept an Ice and Blood client, as well as a EU lobby won't accept a US version.

CU Marcus

Hey guys!

A reminder that the The DLGamer links at the top of this site help gamers get the game and to help SacredWiki and DarkMatters with hosting costs.

Our rep at the company has also been able to give this fansite/community a very good price for the download^^

:P

gogo