[CM-Patch] Call for Questwriters.

Yeh, I took the screenshot from the wiki, cleaned it up and adjusted the colours to make it look sort of sketched.

If someone wants to use it as a basis for a sketch, go for it.

so, I will give it a try. Here goes....

Well, Barristan, you got that one. I now have a small storybook about this and will try to create a chainquest for our Failitias.

For those direct speeches I need small descriptions for the log as well.

- After taking the quest from Nemaya (on the way to Turok)

- After reaching Turok

- After talking to Turok (on the way to Serifa)

- After reaching Serifa

- After talking to Serifa (on the way to Failitia the seraphim)

- After reaching Failitia the seraphim

- After taking the quest from the seraphim

- After reaching the Failitia the witch (she will show up as a seraphim)

- After transformation to her human form

Light path:

- Start of the fight

- When she's defeated

- After report to the seraphim

Shadow path:

- After taking the quest to kill the seraphim

- Start of the fight

- When she's defeated

CU Marcus

Light path:

Shadow path:

Oh, nice to know, the division into shadown and light in the last part of the series works. :lol:

back to the Book of Kal'Dur. I took barristans very good draft and translated it into german already. I also added some norse flavor by adding a norse string with translation footnote:

A tale of Northern history.

“By Lumen endowed, by Lumen protected!”

Thorbrand Kaldur, son to lord Magnus Kaldur, lord of the Northern Isle of Ice, was born under the second moon of winter. To his people, this was a sign of coming greatness. Thorbrand would be one of the greatest hero’s they had ever known. To his great misfortune, he was regarded and revered as such already, yet no great deeds had found him yet. Not that he did not look for opportunities. He would embark with his fellow warriors to plague the lands of Artamark time upon time, but to him it seemed he was just one of the warriors. Nothing special! The raids would come and go, the plunder and loot would differ every time, but with every return to his home, Thorbrand’s mood grew darker. How was he to be what was expected of him? Becoming the greatest of his people, when he had nothing to present than some mere loot and tales of victory?

With one of his darker moods, Thorbrand wandered into the Northern reaches of the isle. A savage, uninhabited reach of mountains, plagued by bitter cold winds and only few known places for shelter. He had passed all of those places, when he felt a great storm gathering strength. He cursed into his beard: “Bah! Thorbrand Kaldur, the great ‘hero’ of the Northern Isle, killed in a mere storm! What a tale would that make!” Muttering on, his eyes searched the mountains for a possible hideout, where he could weather the storm. And sure enough, a distance up the mountain he was climbing, he saw what could be a cave. Hard to see, as snowflakes were filling the sky so fast, that he would soon be unable to see anything. Picking up his pace, both to reach safety and stay warm, he hurried up the mountain, knowing that if his eyes had betrayed him, it would be for the last time. A sigh a great relief escaped him, when he reached what was indeed a cave. As he entered, he realized that this was not just a cave. It was not big, but it shone with a blue light. Searching for the source of this light, he found an altar where clearly this light was radiating from. Upon the altar he found an axe so beautiful, that he immediately felt awed. Inscribed upon the handle, in blue letters pulsing with inner light, was: ‘By Lumen endowed, by Lumen protected’ he read, knowing that this was the most special weapon he had ever seen, nor ever would see. A veritable weapon of the Gods!

"Aen lífdagar, aen rata tar sjá øx. Minn vilja elta ar nauðsyn, eða selja réttr jafnaðr!"* he said, as his hand closed around the hilt, never to let go of it in his entire life.

*(“If it liveth, It shall fall to my axe. I shall pursue as needed, and exact rightful punishment!”)

When the storm had subsided, and Thorbrand had returned home with his new weapon, his tale began. Although he noticed that raids, plundering and pillaging where a thing of the past. Wielding this mighty axe, he could do only good. He would wander the lands of Ancaria, searching out those that were in need of help. Nothing could withstand his mighty axe, as it seemed that with every swing, he grew stronger, and his foe weaker. Man and beast fell to his axe. He was even known for slaying the great white dragon of the North. Years upon years had he hunted evil, the axe bestowing him with an unnatural prolonged life, when tales of his heroic deeds were still plentiful, but no longer swelling. No new feats of heroism reached the ears of the people of Ancaria. Thorbrand Kaldur, the greatest hero of all time, was gone, and never seen or heard of again. Although a great many adventurer has gone off in search of his fabled axe, Thorbrand or ‘Kal’Dur’s Legacy has yet to be found again!

I got a friend who can translate to french, but I would need some people to translate this to Italian, Spanish and Russian. :)

Edited by czevak

Heya,

yeah! That sounds pretty sweet. :)

Working on questbooklog for Failitia atm, will post here when I finish it.

EDIT:

- After taking the quest from Nemaya (on the way to Turok)

I met a Dryad today. She told me about a friend in trouble. She spoke of disappearances and murder, but could not shed light upon the whole story. She asked me to seek out Turok, an orc that lives in the jungle. If am not sure where this is going, but I will look for Turok, he will surely be able to tell me more.

- After reaching Turok

I met this orc Nemaya told me to find. An orc in the middle of the jungle! Does it get any better than this?

- After talking to Turok (on the way to Serifa)

Turok seemed really concerned. Maybe this is worth the investigation after all. Failitia, as I now know, is a Seraphim, and cannot be the reason of all this commotion. At least, that is what her friends are convinced of. Turok sent me off to Na’Fian, where Serifa should be able to enlighten me.

- After reaching Serifa

Finally! I found Serifa. It is about time I got to the bottom of this.

- After talking to Serifa (on the way to Failitia the seraphim)

Ah! It is starting to make sense. There are TWO Failitias, the Seraphim being one, and the other being her evil counterpart. Sounds as if this evil twin is causing all the trouble. I am to contact Failitia the Seraphim near a cave.

- After reaching Failitia the seraphim

Exactly where she should be! And indeed, she knew I was coming! I need that learn that trick sometime.

- After taking the quest from the seraphim

Sounds like I was right. To make things more interesting, the evil counterpart is an old friend of Failitia! I was urged to be cautious. Failitia, or Asmarael has some tricks up her sleeve. Into the cave! Let’s see if this Asmarael is home.

- After reaching the Failitia the witch (she will show up as a seraphim)

What’s this! Twins?

- After transformation to her human form

No twins after all. Asmarael is human. I can feel she is dangerous though. I will have to pay close attention here! I am in no mood for surprises.

Light path:

- Start of the fight

Asmarael is truly evil! I will have to fight her, as she will not stand down. The light must have victory this day!

- When she's defeated

Yes! I have managed to defeat Asmarael. Though this was not an easy victory, her evil shall taint the world of Ancaria no longer! I should tell Failitia the good news.

- After report to the seraphim

We are all glad this is over! Failitia was overjoyed. Besides the fact that light triumphed, I also got rewarded handsomely! A good day today!

Shadow path:

- After taking the quest to kill the seraphim

Hmm… Asmarael convinced me I should go after the Seraphim instead. What do I care about crimes committed? All I know is I was promised great rewards by this Spiderqueen!

- Start of the fight

Blessed by the light huh? Let’s see if that will help her against me! I will have my rewards!

- When she's defeated

Bah! Talk about disappointment. I had high hopes for a good fight.. Ah well, let’s see if the reward is any better.

I am starting to get really curious about the quest :D Looking forward to seeing it!

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
I am starting to get really curious about the quest :viking: Looking forward to seeing it!

Only a little glimpse: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5699/sa...12022531896.png

I'm still scripting some sequences and the npcs are not the right ones, but the quest is already playable.

And I need a few more lines:

+ What should Nemaya/Turok/Serifa/Failitia(good) say if you talk to them again before accomplishing the quest?

+ A note for the questbook as Failitia 1 transforms to the Spiderqueen ("Ahh, she let's me see her true face")

+ A note for the questbook as Failitia 2 transforms to a mightier Seraphim (turning the table) ("What the.... this one is also not what she seems to be...")

+ Logbook "turning the table": After reaching the Seraphim, but before transformation and fight

+ Logbook "turning the table": After the transformation, immediately before the fight

I used

- Start of the fight

Blessed by the light huh? Let’s see if that will help her against me! I will have my rewards!

as a line to the log as the player starts the fight.

CU Marcus

PS: This could be the gang: http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6282/sa...12110525877.png

Edited by marcuswob
I am starting to get really curious about the quest :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing it!

Only a little glimpse: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5699/sa...12022531896.png

I'm still scripting some sequences and the npcs are not the right ones, but the quest is already playable.

And I need a few more lines:

+ What should Nemaya/Turok/Serifa/Failitia(good) say if you talk to them again before accomplishing the quest?

Back again? Please, make haste, this standing around will not help my friend!

+ A note for the questbook as Failitia 1 transforms to the Spiderqueen ("Ahh, she let's me see her true face")

That one, or : Bah, I should have known she wasn't called the 'Spiderqueen' for nothing!

+ A note for the questbook as Failitia 2 transforms to a mightier Seraphim (turning the table) ("What the.... this one is also not what she seems to be...")

That, or: What the....! Is noone here what they seem to be? What have I gotten myself in to?

+ Logbook "turning the table": After reaching the Seraphim, but before transformation and fight

Sorry Failitia, but it seems your payment was not high enough!

+ Logbook "turning the table": After the transformation, immediately before the fight

You should have known this would happen when you hired me! Or payed me more!

I used

- Start of the fight

Blessed by the light huh? Let's see if that will help her against me! I will have my rewards!

as a line to the log as the player starts the fight.

CU Marcus

PS: This could be the gang: http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6282/sa...12110525877.png

Real fun to see it implemented ingame :dance: Great work Marcus!

Greetz

Edit: Might be fun to implement attack waves of spiders after some questupdates, like with the attack from the mist in Cursed Forest. We are dealing with a Spiderqueen :( Dunno if that is possible tho.

Edited by Barristan
Edit: Might be fun to implement attack waves of spiders after some questupdates, like with the attack from the mist in Cursed Forest. We are dealing with a Spiderqueen :dance: Dunno if that is possible tho.

She actually does that. The spider spawning has a high cooldown and regtime but she does repeatedly spawn them if it takes you long to defeat her. (And it will take some time, she is a thoughie. :thumbsup: )

Heya,

yeah! I saw that. But what if, say you accept the quest form Nemaya, and then instantly there is an attack wave of spiders. Like she is keeping you from reaching her at every queststep.

:thumbsup:

Greetz

But what if, say you accept the quest form Nemaya, and then instantly there is an attack wave of spiders. Like she is keeping you from reaching her at every queststep.

Possible. But first we'll have to get the quest itself complete and running. These "silent sidequests" can be added later, because they have no impact to the story.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Okay Barri,

these are the actual lines for this quest: http://rapidshare.com/files/432746266/New_...chstaplerin.zip

Pay attention to everything that is written with CAPSLOCK.

- In 4004 and 4009 there will be no reward immediately after the fight. This will be done later in 4111 and 4112. So the lines about rewarding must be moved/changed.

- You can rename the subquest names after CAPTIONS: if you like. Same goes for the PREFIGHT: dialogs.

- Also the Phrases before any "<br><br>" can be changed. These are short lines for the task to perform.

- The lines "Back again? ..." can all be the same, but perhaps you want them to be different (individual for Nemaya, Turok, Serifa and Failitia)

- Also 4105 and 4109 (fighting the spiderqueen as light/shadow char) may differ. A shadow char being happy about light has triumphed sounds a little strange.

- At last we need the dialog (TARGET_ACCOMPLISHED) and the last lines for the logbook in 4112 and 4113.

You can see my intentions, but it's still your story :D

CU Marcus

Heya,

yeah! This is pretty awesome :)

1155076713 What is it? Thought you was going to help me? (orcs and english don't mix too well ;) )

0317759962 Back again? Please, near the cave! Failitia is waiting!

3775410507 Is there a problem? Please, Asmareal must be confronted!

1968364684 You have my thanks stranger. A true force of the light you are. Not only did you save me, but also many others that would have fallen victim to her. (leave out the reward business)

2375370900 We are all glad this is over! Failitia was overjoyed. Besides the fact that light triumphed, who know, at the end of all this, they might appreciate all my hard work.

2791696156 CAPTION: Who will not listen...

0286732508 Asmarael is truly evil! I will have to fight her, as she will not stand down. Either her, or that Seraphim, I really do not care!

0102040115 Yes! I have managed to defeat Asmarael. Though this was not an easy victory! I should tell Failitia the news.

2375370900 I am glad this is over, it is all getting quite bothersome! Failitia was overjoyed. Something about light triumphing, I couldn't care less! And to make things worse, nobody seems to want to talk about my reward!

0898649037 PREFIGHT: So you want to fight? Well then, prepare to die!

0317945744 You have my thanks stranger.

2391023887 QUEST_4113_DONE: These Seraphims... they always talk in riddles. Anyway, I got my reward. That is what matters.

I would rename 'who will not listen' to 'identities unveiled'

Nice twist on the Dreamweaver :D

This is what I would make of it. If I missed anything, feel free to ask again!

This is truly amazing :D Can't wait to play this quest!

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

3413879355 I see you are walking between light and shadow, good and evil.

Can you put a little bit more words to this? Like a riddle, somehow not understandable at first. What would e.g. Yoda say to Anakin for a good job done?

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
Heya,

To walk two paths simultaneously, is to be ever grey, neither black nor white. Neither day or night. Walk on well, and with my thanks.

Something like that?

Greetz

We stand between the candle and the dark...

Hehe...got ya! Ye olde Bab5 fan, that you are. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quest is included into Version 0100. It'll start at the entrance to the jungle. It is by now translated to german, french and italian language.

Release of the CM-Patch 0100 will be soon, we are in the testing process now.

CU Marcus