Is there any way to respec? Where can I find character builds?

fraz

Been searching but finding it hard to find the answers to the below:

1) Is there any way to respec?

2) Where can I find a decent resource for character builds, specifically dragon way?

3) Is there a way to change your god spell?

Advice welcome.

Thanks,

Fraz

Welcome Fraz!

As Barristan said, Sacred2 does not respec. it is one of those cool features about the game that makes you really choose wisely. Dragon mage builds are in our guide section at the link Barristan gave you, the ones by Chattius are always very educational.

Thanks guys, really helpful stuff.

I'm just playing with my brother over lan, the game is huge, any idea how many hours of gameplay there are if you do all the quests:) We've got to around level 18 and as our time is limited, we wouldn't have time to start from scratch to respec, so the character modder seems a good option. I appreciate why people wouldn't use it as you could cheat, but TBH its took me to level 18 just to learn the game and its mechanics, there's quite a lot to take onboard for a newbie.

The only thing with the character editor is that it seems to have a function to change the God spell but I can't use it, its un-selectable.

This game has a very high replay value. it takes many many hours to complete all 600 or so side quests. So far I don't know if anybody has completed them all with a single play through. the game is big

Cheers

Indeed. I've ever only played single, due to net restrictions, and the Epic office quest alone can take heaps of time. To venture and find all those people 'cause the map is so massive. Whew...

Maybe 'tween 150-200 hours? Careful estimation.

Also, been using the editor couple of times. There's just no scrapping that nearly 90 level one for single careless clicks, as my time also is kinda limited.

Too much to do, really. ;)

Indeed. I've ever only played single, due to net restrictions, and the Epic office quest alone can take heaps of time. To venture and find all those people 'cause the map is so massive. Whew...

Maybe 'tween 150-200 hours? Careful estimation.

Also, been using the editor couple of times. There's just no scrapping that nearly 90 level one for single careless clicks, as my time also is kinda limited.

Too much to do, really. ;)

Good to know, we've just come out of the first area and its taken ages to find every single npc. Might just stick to the paths and see what we can pick up.

Back to the character editor, has anyone found a way of altering their Godspell with version 9.0, it seems greyed out:) I'd like to get that big bad monster back to unleash, just for the kicks.

Edited by fraz

Here to welcome you to the forum fraz, looks like you're having a great time with the game, specially with it's quests. Be forewarned, this game is huge...plan on staying a while ^^

;)

gogo

About the godspell; I've read from the thread linked that it isn't currently possible, as the data concerning the spell seems consist of at least couple of pieces of data and the maker said some time ago it wasn't possible to make the editor to alter it correctly. Though that was some time ago. Haven't really checked it up recently.

Here to welcome you to the forum fraz, looks like you're having a great time with the game, specially with it's quests. Be forewarned, this game is huge...plan on staying a while ^^

:)

gogo

Thanks for the warm welcome, the Sacred community is surely a friendly one.

In this case maybe I could make a new dragon mage, and use the editor to get him to the same point as my existing mage, except I could change the god spell. The only issue I see with this is that my map and quest progress would be lost, unless there's a way of transferring the map / quest data from my old mage to my newly made mage?

The other thing I'm wondering is if there are any map mods, I found a german one called mapmod 6mb but couldn't find an english equivalent. It overwrites some files the PAK folder, but I didn't install its not english.

Lastly are CM patch / CI-sacred mods, pretty much a given essential? From browsing the mods area they seem two of the big ones.

Edited by fraz
Thanks for the warm welcome, the Sacred community is surely a friendly one.

In this case maybe I could make a new dragon mage, and use the editor to get him to the same point as my existing mage, except I could change the god spell. The only issue I see with this is that my map and quest progress would be lost, unless there's a way of transferring the map / quest data from my old mage to my newly made mage?

The other thing I'm wondering is if there are any map mods, I found a german one called mapmod 6mb but couldn't find an english equivalent. It overwrites some files the PAK folder, but I didn't install its not english.

Lastly are CM patch / CI-sacred mods, pretty much a given essential? From browsing the mods area they seem two of the big ones.

Yah.. We've got a good bunch of people here. And Welcome to Dark Matters.

As far as your god spell issue goes - as far as I know, there's no way to move map and quest progress from one character to another. Character editors are kind of limited as far as what they can do - you can change a skill, add points here and there, fix a mistakenly selected skill, etc.. Your only solution would be to start over. Sorry, but that's pretty much the way it goes.

What sort of mods do you want to do to the map?

The CM patch and CI-Sacred mods aren't "essential" in so far as the game will function without them. They have fixed a few bugs here and there and added new content. They are a work in progress, however, and as such, they can be a "play at your own risk" proposition. For instance, the 0090 CM Patch release stopped magic hiding places from popping up whatever they were hiding, thus requiring the 0094 CM Patch hotfix. The good news on that is the guys in charge of it are on the ball and work quickly to get things working when something goes wrong.