Chance to reflect Projectiles and Ranged Damage?

What's a projectile?

:)

gogo

p.s. I ask because we're filling in pages for the reflection pages of Wiki (Blame Munera he started this all today ;)) and I was working on the projectiles page

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ct:_Projectiles

...and realized that I'd never really read or "grokked" a good definition of what the game is defining it as.

Surely more than just arrows?

Anyone care to hazard a guess?

My guess would be:

Every weapon hit which is not considered melee ;)

Hybrid weapon attacks:

Magic coup: If using a ranged weapon (staff is melee)

Archangel's wrath, Shadow hand (or however the english name is) - I read different reports. So probably has to be tested in PvP. Perhaps they take the attack type from the used weapon too.

Totems, skeleton fortifications are spells.

Reflective Emanation's silver mod Backlash adds a chance to reflect ranged attacks (that's the description). In the CA chart, it says "Chance to Reflect Ranged Damage +%". However, in the bonus list chart it says "Chance to Reflect Projectiles +X%", so my conclusion is the same as loco's and chattius. The modifier gives a chance to reflect ranged weapon based damage.

Anyway, I think the best way to confirm this is to do some LAN PvP ;)

An attack which is of a ranged nature, (not a cast spell)

arrows (archers)

stones ( the elementals in the Conarch tunnels)

darts ( gerama blow pipes)

etc

Everyone, thanks for posting! Loco, can you show me links in Wiki to these enemies? Does anyone else have enemies in Wiki that they think are using projectiles that they can link me too? I can then bring them into the page, I'll also boil down what the general summary here is of the definition.

;)

gogo

For players it is all weapon attacks with a ranged weapon (uses ranged lore). You can tell if it is a weapon attack for the CA by the tooltip. Spells say intensity, weapons say attack.

For monsters you'd have to look at the code.

Hey guys

I am just trying to do the last page of the reflection pages, and I"m not seeing any pages pointing to this item modifier as links from any items, weapons or sets in the game that we have documented.

(Bless the wiki functionality What links here?)

err... does chance to reflect ranged exist.... or has it been taken out, or never there?

If so, I can remove the listing.

As well... any difference tween this and the chance to reflect projectiles?

;)

gogo

Ah ha!

Actually Spunky, I can see now what happened...

it's not the way it's spelled in the wiki

It's Opponent's chance to reflect ranged damage

And that's why nothing in the wiki was connecting to the page...it didn't exist.

But thanks for the link ^^, I can change the page now, and we can see everything connecting to it.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

gogo

p.s. So... anyone care to venture how this is different from projectiles?

Well, this is strange. The item modifier we used to have in Wiki Chance to Reflect ranged damage doesn't seem to exist anymore. Instead all we have is

Opponent's chance to reflect ranged damage

and

Chance to reflect projectiles

Sooooo.. it looks like for us when we use it the word projectiles is used...but when it's applied as an item modifier to enemies regarding a lessening of their ability to use it, it's changed to "ranged damage"

I've taken that modifier out of the wiki because it looks ilke it doesn't exist.. or does it? Is it from an earlier version of game? Can someone here form Console version please confirm whether the mod exists for you?

Maybe they updated this item modifier for Ice and Blood?

gogo

It's possible that a page might still be needed for chance to reflect ranged due to some Combat Arts. Some of them have modifications that add chance to reflect ranged such as Reflective Emanation and Reverse Polarity. However the modifier is now worded as of Ice and Blood it will be displayed in the Sigma when the buff is active.

It's not a socketable item modifier though, it's coming directly from the CA... I think this could be considered their own unique CA abilities... not really needed to go on the item modifier page...because

• no sets have it
  • no uniques have it
  • its not socketable

All the item modifiers on that page share those same characteristics, but the CA for RE and RP don't ^^

If that kind of reflection is coming from a mod choice from a CA...it's not actually an item modifer per se, but a CA choice.

Maybe we can put in their own descriptions in their own CA page listing, and have them connect to the item modifier page via a link as a kind of similar acting element?

gogo

An attack which is of a ranged nature, (not a cast spell)

arrows (archers)

stones ( the elementals in the Conarch tunnels)

darts ( gerama blow pipes)

etc

Everyone, thanks for posting! Loco, can you show me links in Wiki to these enemies? Does anyone else have enemies in Wiki that they think are using projectiles that they can link me too? I can then bring them into the page, I'll also boil down what the general summary here is of the definition.

gogo

Don't forget the kobold stone throwers and the elven bandits and what-not roaming in Tyr-Lysia who throw knives at you.

And while we're at throwing projectiles - we can't forget mentioning those elves, humans, skeletons and the like who use bows and arrows. There's also the guys in the desert that pop up out of the sand and toss even more knives at you. I think a few lizardmen in the swamps also do ranged projectiles...

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that projectiles/ranged wording is probably just a(n English) translation issue, no real difference.

Look at chance to block combat arts/spells -- same thing just different words. You equip an item with chance to block combat arts and it shows up in the spell damage hover as chance to block (spells). Some places call it spells and some call it combat arts, but it's the same anyway.

If the sigma shows projectiles/ranged separately, remember that a bunch of CA properties/mods and item mods with identical wording also show up multiple times in the sigma. Max shield energy, for example. Various forms of reflect, even in different text colors (yellow, blue, white). The really interesting part IMO would be to document how they stack.

Someone mentioned Skeletal Fortification CA, which IIRC (from Sacred 2 classic) shoots projectiles (?) that can be reflected back at the SW. Easy test would be the giant scorpion boss w/ the purple reflect buff? If it's true, it may be worth mentioning in the wiki (as a warning to players).

Someone mentioned Archangel's Wrath and Spectral Hand. I'm pretty sure SH inherits the "weapon type" of whatever's equipped, might as well take along a melee and a ranged weapon and hit the scorpion boss with SH to test. Or maybe those CAs just count as CA damage and lose the weapon properties.

Edited by BleachFan
Well, this is strange. The item modifier we used to have in Wiki Chance to Reflect ranged damage doesn't seem to exist anymore. Instead all we have is

Opponent's chance to reflect ranged damage

and

Chance to reflect projectiles

Sooooo.. it looks like for us when we use it the word projectiles is used...but when it's applied as an item modifier to enemies regarding a lessening of their ability to use it, it's changed to "ranged damage"

I've taken that modifier out of the wiki because it looks ilke it doesn't exist.. or does it? Is it from an earlier version of game? Can someone here form Console version please confirm whether the mod exists for you?

Maybe they updated this item modifier for Ice and Blood?

gogo

Both of these exist in the console version.

Chance to Reflect: Projectiles appears on lots of rare (shopped) gear.

Opponents chance to reflect ranged damage... not sure if that's EXACT wording, but you get it from the gold mod on Sinister Predator. Also appears on shopped items.

I concur with BleachFan's lost in translation explaination. :thumbsup:

It's not a socketable item modifier though, it's coming directly from the CA... I think this could be considered their own unique CA abilities... not really needed to go on the item modifier page...because

• no sets have it
  • no uniques have it
  • its not socketable

All the item modifiers on that page share those same characteristics, but the CA for RE and RP don't ^^

If that kind of reflection is coming from a mod choice from a CA...it's not actually an item modifer per se, but a CA choice.

Maybe we can put in their own descriptions in their own CA page listing, and have them connect to the item modifier page via a link as a kind of similar acting element?

:viking:

gogo

I did get a unique amulet recently with Chance to Reflect:Projcetiles and Chance to Reflect:Close Combat. Guess I'll look it up in the Wiki and link... forget the name ATM.

EDIT: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...de%27s_Talisman

Offically an item modifier 8)

Edited by essjayehm

Hey guys, I would like to make this a LOT more complicated and/or confusing than it already is. Here I'll throw it at you: (Remember that this is all in my understanding, it might be wrong, it might be accurate)

The reason why it says Opponent's chance to reflect ranged damage instead of just projectiles, is because not all weapon-based ranged damage are projectiles.

In very specific, the blow pipes that PC Dryad use do not have a projectile. It's an instant-ranged-weapon-based attack. While NPC enemies always (Need Ice and Blood confirmation) use projectiles, even with blow pipes.

TL:DR; If it would say "Opponent's chance to reflect projectiles" it would either ignore PC Dryad's blow pipes, or the tooltip would be wrong.