Map Help - pull out the actual map files from the Sacred folders?

Knuckles

I'm hoping one of the more knowledgeable members can help me here. I need to pull out the actual map files from the Sacred folders. Especially the underground ones. If some one can find them and tell me how to display them I would really really appreciate it :)

Thanx in advnace for any help ;)

HI knuckles!

Do you want this for links to create on places pages? Schot is repairing the wiki links so that we can use the coords system to pin any point on the map that you want to send a player to. I think map files are in PAK files, is that what you wanted?

;)

gogo

Actually I'm trying to figure out where exactly they placed the DM Isle. Need the actual game file and not the in-game map to know exactly where. Hoping that will provide insight in how I can get over there in MP.

Just the placement relative to everything else. Is it on the above ground map or down one layer like the ghost village (before you complete quest). I guess I'm asking , is it really in the southwest corner of the game map AND file map.

Oh ok, I get it. Hmmm.... Ok, just checked in game and it's on the ground level map tiles. On the same level as the Multiplayer Island, Sloeford and such. It's placement on my map, sacredwiki map, however might be somewhat different than in actuality.

Aaaaah, haha. Yah. I tried a while back ago. Darned invisible obstacles. Good luck!

P.s.

Something you might try is to start a Dragon Mage SP or COOP. Then have a second instance of Sacred 2 join the Dragon Mages game and port to him on his island. You could try and find a way away from the DM isle instead of trying to find a way to it.

If it helps, the map files are stored as lots of different .dds files which can be viewed with something like the tool on this web site, although I'm not so sure if thats what you were after when you meant looking into the files.

Edit: I had a quick look. The island seems to be surrounded by black in the files (impassable terrain...) schots idea might be a good try.

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • 2 weeks later...

Re getting to DM start location. I spent time recently looking at start locations, portals and teleporters. When the DM leaves the start location he uses a teleporter so I figured that if I could find out how to reverse that tp or change it for both directions I could tp across to it. I am working on a major mod right now so it is low on my list of things to do but worth a try I think.

Edited by Gordius

Thx for the suggestions guys and the time to look into those files :D Kind of put this on the back burner for a bit while I do some wiki work, but I'll re-visit it at some point