23000 Images off Photobucket into SacredWiki!

Glad that part was mostly painless :D

I'm sure you'll get the rest going...just remember to take a break now and then...and breathe...breathing is important I've been told

Nice work as always Schot :)

edit: I see a few brokens in the Bestiary and Place sections, but I will go thru all that tonight and fix...so no worries there Schot

Cheers Knuckles! You know... That breathing bit couldn't be more true. Literally, lol. Dabbling with the database if is freaky business. Before each of those commands I was kinda stressed out. If only a single character was missing or out of place it would mess up a lot of pages and cost me loads of time to revert the change so I had to force myself to breathe sometimes cause I tend to hold my breath a lot when making changes like these. I think I stared at each command for a good several minutes to make sure absolutely every character was properly placed. Then once I pasted once of the commands into the execution panel I'd be holdng my breath and hovering over the execute button for a while. "Just do it Brad! You have to!" I'd think to myself, lol.

edit: I see a few brokens in the Bestiary and Place sections, but I will go thru all that tonight and fix...so no worries there Schot

Oh right. There may be about 40 thumbnails that are broken. I noticed that the numbers of changes differed between each of the three steps to change the thumbnails from bbcode style to wiki style

The first step made 10,170 changes

The second step made 10,141 changes

The third step made 10,134 changes

Given those numbers there's likely 36 broken thumbnails. Not sure how to find them though. Can you keep count of the ones you find knuckles?

Ah, very good point. I'll probably need to do the same here. Run a sweep on the forum database. The pictures on the forum here will be fine for a good while though so I'll put it on the back burner for a couple weeks. For future image related content though we're still working out an approach. :agreed:

No probs Schot...but do I count each broken link or only the page the broken link is on ?

edit: think all those brokens are in the Places section...got 35 by my count.

It is DragonBro but boy am I ever learning a lot. :)

That was fast Knuckles. Nice! I'm thinking we count pages. It could be either really. It would be cool if it were 36 images. That would mean you only have to find 1 more! You lucky guy, you. :D

Well I'm over on pics :( Here's what I've done so far

Fixed

Noriath's Temple 6 pics

Sonnenwind 3 pics

Teardrop Hamlet 7 pics

Following I haven't been able to fix yet....All were in the latest batch of uploads I did so maybe I have a link pointer issue (couldn't see any obvious syntax errors), but will wait on these til I get wiki images permissions

Black Oaks 8 pics

Nagash's Nest 8 pics

Wargfels 8 pics

Grunwald 8 pics

Aaaah ok. I see it now. I'll run a sweep and see if I can catch the remaining.

P.s.

Oooook. Just discovered that there are other different kinds of problem links from the Underworld section that need to be fixed. As well as the fact that I'll need run a sweep for each image type so probably a jpg, gif and png sweep. I think the snowball is going to start rolling down the hill... lol. Sorry about the upload thing Knuckles. I'mah gettin there! ^^

I don't think that's the prob for the ones I mentioned. All of them have the URL and IMG tags removed. The ones I fixed, I had to add %20 to them

example: www.sacred images.com becomes www.sacred%20images.com

Oh ok, well something else I noticed. About Black Oaks. The Black Oaks pics are nowhere to be seen on our server are even within the full download of the photobucket I did which is on my deasktop. That said I'm guessing you had uploaded them to photobucket just after I made the full download. I'll need to know all the recent uploads you made. I'm checking the Photobucket's recent activity which is giving me a good idea so I've begun downloading the folders Black Oaks, Wargfels, Nagashs Nest and Grunwald. Should have them up soon.

No need to worry about them Schot. I can re-upload those and re-link in a few minutes. And only those you just mentioned in post above are the only one I'm missing picsto

Ok cool. I've already uploaded most of them so I'll keep going for now. I've run into a bit of a prob while using the replacement code on the database. The minimap pics on the Place pages are a bit complicated since they are 4 image links one after another... Need to figure out how to further define my repacement commend so I don't make any unwanted changes to similarly written text...

Dangit. I think I'm going to have to restore the wiki to a previous backup that I made about 2 or 3 hours ago... Ugh. I'll likely be turning off edits until I do. :Just_Cuz_21:

Dangit. I think I'm going to have to restore the wiki to a previous backup that I made about 2 or 3 hours ago... Ugh. I'll likely be turning off edits until I do. :Just_Cuz_21:

:lol: would that be a Dangit or an Ooops?

:lol: would that be a Dangit or an Ooops?

Probably an Ooops followed by a Dangit.

Aaaaand we're back. Just finished restoring the wiki to a previous backed up version that I made just before I blasted it with my oops and dangit, eh heh... Alls well that ends well. :sweating:

Still workin on getting those upload permissions going. It's been on the back burner somewhat these past 48 hours. Soooo close. Aaaaaalmost there.

• Like! 1

The bucket, kicked the bucket, the bucket, kicked da bucket! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol... And Schot...those thirty six pix we were hunting for that the burns didn't take out...I think we now know where they are ^^

:BlobRed:

gogo

Yaaaaay, Ding Dong tha glitch is dead! :D

Aaaaand still working on uploads. I "think" uploads on the wiki are more or less working now. It's hard to tell if it will work for everyone though considering the many different user group types we have, ugh... PNG uploading is a no go on the wiki for the time being. Seems the wiki's MIME TYPES are messed up. I have yet to find the source.

All this is stemming from the fact that our bridge is very obsolete with no support from it's creator. I've been trying to preserve it for the past days in the hopes of resolving the issues associated to it but I think I've nearly reached the point where I'll have to remove it completely. Which could result in a whole batch of other problems since it doesn't quite come with an uninstaller. The bridge injects various bits of info into our databases which may have unexpected results when I try to tear the bridge away from our sites. I think I'll be making frequent backups today...

Feel free to make edits on the wiki and even upload but keep in mind I may turn off edits for brief periods during the day in order to make backups to preserve whatever changes are made. A wiki backup takes about 5-10 minutes. Speaking of backups... Be sure to backup YOUR work during these trying times. :)

P.s.

I also might just take the day off...Still debating that, haha.

• Like! 1

P.s.

I also might just take the day off...Still debating that, haha.

And do what? your already on holiday from your regular job until spring. So you need a day off from you holiday? lol

Isn't that a kick in the shorts. your working harder now that when the courts were open and you have to set your alarm everyday.

Take a "break" and thenwhip.gif Get back to work! lol