My Christmas Present To The Community...

That link came back with an error - something about not having permission to access the file on that server...

But if you were referring to Ben 1972, or the Michael Jackson song of the same name, then yes... You got it...

I suppose I could have gone for a trifecta - but that particular chapter was getting a bit long as it was. And I was going for an alphabetical naming strategy - Algernon, Ben.... W is a LONG ways down the alphabet...

ben.jpg I did it different this time.

Edited by Lord of the North
  • Like! 1

Good stuff, Wolfie!

I enjoyed the books, especially the origins of the 6 gods.

Thank you for posting it, so us consolers can enjoy... and for anyone who doesn't care to collect and read 'em in-game.. (shameonyou):)

bonus rep point? Izzthat the crater location? :Just_Cuz_21:

EDIT:Nevermind, Sacred 1 reference. Wasn't reading your "intros" to the journals. :)

Edited by essjayehm

Good stuff, Wolfie!

I enjoyed the books, especially the origins of the 6 gods.

Thank you for posting it, so us consolers can enjoy... and for anyone who doesn't care to collect and read 'em in-game.. (shameonyou):)

bonus rep point? Izzthat the crater location? :Just_Cuz_21:

EDIT:Nevermind, Sacred 1 reference. Wasn't reading your "intros" to the journals. :)

Thanks! Yah.. It's a Sacred 1 reference...

Just to remind everyone - there IS a map of Ancaria for Sacred 1 available...

Btw.. The actual location isn't technically in the desert in the days of Sacred 1 - but you need to go through it to get to where I'm referring to...

Edited by wolfie2kX

I'll hazard a guess at it, since you so handily linked the map ;)

Shadar-Nur? Or however it is spelled (lol, 2 seconds since closing the map, I forget the spelling)

Ack! Hate when that happens...

But DING DING DING - we have a winner..! Close enough - it's Shaddar's tower - specifically the basement of said tower.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Veeeery nice wolfie. A gift indeed. I just finished up the Portals book and I love it. Great storytelling wolfie. It was cool how the Orcs tried and failed to create portals for their region because of their impatience. Good thing Hargol was there to funnel that overload! Some nice turns in the story wolfie and it's nice to have a back-story to such an important element of the game. +1!

Veeeery nice wolfie. A gift indeed. I just finished up the Portals book and I love it. Great storytelling wolfie. It was cool how the Orcs tried and failed to create portals for their region because of their impatience. Good thing Hargol was there to funnel that overload! Some nice turns in the story wolfie and it's nice to have a back-story to such an important element of the game. +1!

Thanks...! It's an element of the game I felt could use some bolstering. In Sacred 1, there's that Book of the Seraphim - the one you only get if you're playing a Seraphim and get when you get to that burned out building in the "Merely a Nightmare?" quest. But there wasn't anything of the sort in Sacred 2. Now that there's the option to mod - and add books - the sky's the limit.

Speaking of that Book of the Seraphim... A few thoughts have been germinating in the back of my head. Not saying any more at the moment, because I don't quite have a tale to tell yet... Just a few ideas rattling around in my head.

There's also the question of where Deep Silver will be taking Sacred 3... Eh.. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about that soon enough.

• 11 months later...

I'm finally ready to let you all in on a top secret project I've been working on for the past couple of weeks.

The good news - it's done and finally ready to be shared with all of you.

The bad news - it won't likely be implemented and released until the next CM-Patch. Maybe longer. I had hoped to get it done by the time version 0100 was ready to go - but it wasn't. It took FAR longer than I anticipated but I assure you, it'll be quite worth the wait.

The quick, down and dirty version of it all: It's a brand spankin' new quest. It's not a difficult one - except, perhaps for the amount of time schlepping around to do it. There are no difficult boss monsters involved. But it should still be worth the effort.

It's open to both light and shadow fans alike.

Over the next few days I will be posting details of the quest and the 5, (YES! Count 'em FIVE!) new books.

For fans of Ancarian lore, this will answer a lot of burning questions, tie together the lore and stories from Sacred 1 and Sacred 2 into one fairly lengthy yet hopefully entertaining read. And yes, for Gogo, I've managed to incorporate a fair number of easter egg type references that should make him quite happy for some time to come.

Ok.. Time to necro-post this thread... Tis the season and all that. Merry Christmas to one and all..!

I thought I'd share an update with everyone on the status of this project.

In short, it's sort of in limbo. The quest related to the books IS actually in the CM Patch already and is known as 'Ancient Secrets'.

The books, however, have been put on the back burner, it seems. It would appear to be a fairly monumental task to get translations coordinated on the 5 tomes and get them translated into German, French, Polish, Russian, and whatever other languages the CM Patch currently supports. If anyone would like to contribute, you might want to drop Marcuswob or Czevak a PM and offer your services.

OK.. I suppose I kinda also lied a bit. Actually, that's not entirely true. I originally said there wouldn't be any nasty boss monsters to fight. By the time the quest made it into the game, there were FOUR of them. We had to make a few changes.. Originally, the quest was to be given earlier in the game - in the Orc territory, but after playing through again, I realized that we don't actually learn about the existence of the Great Machine until we get to Seraphim Island. Whoops.. Oh well.. By the time you would have gotten the quest and gotten to the spot where it takes place, the standard enemies would have been far, far too weak and barely worth the effort. So they found something to put in the cave that was worth the effort. And then we kinda realized that the legend promised 4 guardians... And thus there were 4 baddies that needed to be vanquished and aren't a walk in the park to take out. You'll actually have to put some effort in to get your prize and that will make it worth the effort.

And that's where we're currently stand.

• 1 year later...

:smile:

The fifth tome WAS the ending.. A sort of Twilight Zone type thing... Btw... 4 of the 5 books are now part of the CM Patch. The 5th one should be in the next version - when/if that ever arrives.

BUT... if you want more. You might want to look into Sophia's Choice. It's my follow-up to this story and is the story of how the world of Ancaria in Sacred 2 and Sacred came to be. It's still a work in progress. Been taking some time off but will soon be working on it again.

• Like! 1

I was talking about what happens to the people that got infused with T-Energy. Did I miss something ?

Well.. That will be covered in Sophia's Choice.. Actually haven't quite gotten to that part in the story yet... BUT... I will promise you, their fate will be quite spectacular.. Epic even.. :)

• Like! 1

And one more thing , at some point in the story of Sophia's Choice , Sophia wanted to talk to the kitchen matron or whatever name you used, because the girl that was serving her was abused after requesting some hot meal for sophia friends, I forgot wich chapter is and where was the story telled but I believe it was at the start of the story, after maria died of course, I asked this because I realy wanted to see what she done to the matron to be so docile in the future , as you mentioned her many times.

Yes.. It was fairly early on in the story. Chapter 7, to be exact... "Pondering the Future"

The problem was mostly resolved later on in the chapter when Sophia was sitting on the throne, and the old bat came in and was about to give her a ration when she saw the crown, she realized she messed up big time and that pretty much was the end of it.. :)