Extracting The Cursor Of Sacred 2 ?

desm

Edit: problem resolved, great. If you want you can get the full cursors set here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WM43S3QA

(wait 45 seconds, then click on "Téléchargement Régulier" ("Regular Download"))

I don't know if the cursors fit all the resolutions, for 1920x1080 seems good.

Hi,

one of my greatest wish is to have the cursor of Sacred 2 (the one you see when you launch the game and at the game menu) for Windows.

Is there a way to have it ?

I've looked at the paks file but found only cursors under tga extensions or dds, don't remember exactly.

So is there a way to have it in .cur format and use it for Windows please ?

Thanks, bye

Edited by desm
  • Like! 1

Hi,

one of my greatest wish is to have the cursor of Sacred 2 (the one you see when you launch the game and at the game menu) for Windows.

Is there a way to have it ?

I've looked at the paks file but found only cursors under tga extensions or dds, don't remember exactly.

So is there a way to have it in .cur format and use it for Windows please ?

Thanks, bye

Eh.. It's probably doable. You'll need a program that can read .TGA or .DDS files and another one that can create .CUR files. Irfanview is pretty good for the TGA files. Microangelo Toolset will do the trick for creating the .CUR file.

It should be as easy as opening the correct file in Irfanview and copying the image and then pasting it into Microangelo - and then saving the result.

Hi Wolfie, thanks for your reply.

I've had a look but didn't manage to create a good cursor.

In fact there are 2 files that compose the cursor and I don't know how to work on both files at a time.

So the cursor which results is a white rectangle with the cursor in the middle, no transparency around the cursor.

And the cursor is not exactly the same so it's not very good.

I will have a try again but mostly pessimistic but thanks anyway.

Bye.

Edit: Yes, I managed to do it, thank you very much Wolfie!

If someone wants it, send me your email adress in PM, I will email it to you.

Edited by desm

See.. Wasn't THAT hard.. :D

Now if you really wanna get sick with it - you might even want to try doing the cursor for Busy - I'd suggest the one with the slash through the middle - the one that shows up when you move the cursor in game to a place you can't get to. And then you've got at least a set of 2... Then all you'd need is a 3rd one for when the system is kinda busy, but not completely occupied.

ahah yes, I'll surely do it, good idea.

I'll have at last a nice set of "fantasy" cursors for Windows, never found one good.

see you

AHAHAH I have it done and the hand for the Hyperlink, very nice, thank you very much :drinks:

râââ, Sacred is decidly very good, what I say very good, Sacred is too strong!

Edited by desm

Hmm, in action, no, I don't konw how to do but here is a picture of what they look like (like in game...) without the black square of course.

Other ones are possible to do but I don't find them very interesting.

I don't know either if they fit all resolutions, I took one, it is good for me (1920x1080)

post-1-0-62059500-1293146112_thumb.jpg

see you

(hmm replace the "Sacred " (with the space) by a "s", I don't know why it always displays Sacred instead of s, well...)

Edited by gogoblender
image changed to attachment

HI Desm

I was able to make your image an attachment and sorry about the board with the board change to Sacred 2 ... we have a of acronyms in this game, so the board tries to make corrections for acronyms by changing them into their longer counterparts to allow posters to type posts with words quicker and get the big words out on the board.

I'd never thought of pulling out the cursor for use as exterior mouse. Good idea

:)

gogo

Hi Gogo, yes thanks for editing my post, I don't handle the forum very well :sweating:

seeing the pic as attachement is much more convenient indeed :)

bye

Edit: see first post to download the complete set of cursors for Windows.

Edited by desm

desm: Nobod's perfect in the beginning. ^^

I'm positive that they'd look best with bigger res. Currently using my laptop with 1024x800 res. Edges are little rough. But it's fine by me. It''s deffo better than the ones in XP, And it's really hard to find good alters. Surely I'd like to try the rest of the possible cursors. ^^

Greets.

Hi Stormwing, yes very hard to find some good fantasy cursors for Windows. The arrow of Sacred 2 is perfect for me.

I've updated my first post with the full cursors set available to download.

see you.